Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 12:32 PM

5 posts, read 10,503 times

Advertisements

There seems to be a lot of hate for illegal immigrants. I don't agree with what's going on, but at least I can understand it, and I think that if any of you people all for reacting so harshly actually saw what you were sending these people back to, you might start thinking of other ways to deal with it than immediately deporting them as well. If you were in the shoes of these illegals and couldn't get crap-for-money in wages no matter how hard you worked or how many weekends you worked, and you heard that in another place, you could get money to support your children and put food on the table for your family, you would go too no matter what the costs. A little bit of basic human compassion and understanding could help all of you.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:51 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,368,320 times
^Thank you!

Old 01-29-2009, 12:53 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,368,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combatbarbie View Post
thats life... and the truth of that matter is most of them are mexican and arnt here legally.
And you know this how?

Unless you are Native American, we are all immigrants - legal or otherwise.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:57 PM

150 posts, read 481,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
And you know this how?

Unless you are Native American, we are all immigrants - legal or otherwise.
The point is there illegal and every other illegal action has a consequence. Send them back and give them a chance to come into this country legally. We should really beef of our border control by 100 percent or build a real wall. So stop yall and obey the laws or hit the road.

Old 01-29-2009, 02:03 PM

398 posts, read 1,331,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southern no more View Post
I have been hearing that the Mexicans are leaving Gainesville in large numbers due to the economy and tougher laws on illegals. I wonder how this will effect Gainesville. It seems Gainesville has catered to them for so long and based a lot of their economy on them that it could do a lot of damage. Any other opinions or insite on this?
You pay for them thru taxes. So if their leaving, why do you care where the go?

Old 01-29-2009, 05:55 PM

62 posts, read 215,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
Excuse me, I'm sorry I misunderstood but that gives you no right to imply that I'm in a "racist eggshell" as you put it. If anything, I was more disturbed that this forum was being racist and I have absolutely no tolerance for that! It really boils my bones, so to speak.

Do illegals also "boil your bones"?

Old 01-29-2009, 08:35 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,195,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapata1818 View Post
Do illegals also "boil your bones"?
Criminals "boil my bones" and "frost my rear" and other cliches as well. Illegal aliens are criminals by definition. There is no amount of politically correct euphemisms or nicey nice double speak that can change that fact.

The ends don't justify the means. If your country treats you badly and you feel you have no opportunity there, that doesn't give you a free pass to break the laws of another country and decide to move in.

Old 01-30-2009, 03:35 AM

1,808 posts, read 4,039,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Illegal aliens are criminals by definition. There is no amount of politically correct euphemisms or nicey nice double speak that can change that fact.
That is a pretty broad brush you paint with there, neil0311. Criminals by definition? So... am I to lump you into that group when you exceed the speed limit as you drive around Marietta? You break the law, you are a criminal, by definition, correct? Speeders and murderers are criminals. Jaywalkers and rapists are criminals. Very broad brush indeed.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:55 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,195,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
That is a pretty broad brush you paint with there, neil0311. Criminals by definition? So... am I to lump you into that group when you exceed the speed limit as you drive around Marietta? You break the law, you are a criminal, by definition, correct? Speeders and murderers are criminals. Jaywalkers and rapists are criminals. Very broad brush indeed.
If someone breaks the law and commits a crime, what do you call them?

This isn't rocket science here....it's black and white. The fact that people want to equivocate and make excuses and double speak just drives me crazy.

Just because some crimes are more violent or more heinous doesn't excuse the people who commit less violent or heinous ones. The penalties are usually set to fit the crime committed, and the more serious crimes are punished more seriously. You speed in a state where it's a crime (many states handle traffic offenses as civil infractions) and you're found guilty, then you pay a fine. If you break our immigration laws, there are also penalties prescribed by law.

You don't like the law, then you work to change it through the legislative process. You don't ignore it or break.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:01 AM

970 posts, read 2,951,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
If someone breaks the law and commits a crime, what do you call them?

This isn't rocket science here....it's black and white. The fact that people want to equivocate and make excuses and double speak just drives me crazy.

Just because some crimes are more violent or more heinous doesn't excuse the people who commit less violent or heinous ones. The penalties are usually set to fit the crime committed, and the more serious crimes are punished more seriously. You speed in a state where it's a crime (many states handle traffic offenses as civil infractions) and you're found guilty, then you pay a fine. If you break our immigration laws, there are also penalties prescribed by law.

You don't like the law, then you work to change it through the legislative process. You don't ignore it or break.
^5
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia