Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 09:28 AM

2,962 posts, read 5,000,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
When I was kid I meet the founder of Folgers coffee when working at a A&P. It had just been sold to Coke and he was traveling around the country visiting large chains promoting the brand basically. We got to talking while in coffee room. He asked about us. I asked him what it took to get to where he was in wealth. He said total devotion to building the company then maintaining it. He said what he would like most in life at that time was the first twenty years back he devoted to building the business.I always remembered that when making career decisions.
Good story texdav. Something to think about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2013, 09:44 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
I think it depends entirely on the character of the people. Someone with character would be fine in either situation. Someone of lesser character wouldn't be able to handle the extreme wealth; might misuse and/or waste the money or have it go to their head. That could also happen with middle to upper class.

Old 12-31-2013, 10:22 AM

651 posts, read 862,940 times
I am striving to be a multi-millionaire, making my money through investments. This will allow me to spend more time with my kids and spend time enjoying things more in life and being overall happier and healthier.

so definitely B.

Old 12-31-2013, 10:34 AM

1,174 posts, read 2,514,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelOrear View Post
Hello,

Which life do you think is more fulling and enjoyable and which would you prefer:

A. Being a middle to upper middle class professional living in a middle class suburban house.

B. Being a megamillionaire with a mansion and many chaities and companies.

Thanks
Dude... Definitely B.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates