Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 05:51 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
First of all, not approving of one's lifestyle is not hating one. This "love me, love my lifestyle" is crap. So if I love a pedophile but disapprove of his/her actions am I hateful? Or an alcoholic, if I love him/her but disapprove of their actions am I hateful? Or even a Christian, if I love them but don't approve of Christianity am I hateful? Yes, you can go into any church you want BUT that does NOT give you the right to disrupt it. How would you like it if I walked in and disrupted your homosexual wedding? Personally I don't mind baking a cake for anyone. Hell their money is just as green as the next person. BUT I am not going to participate in their ceremony. I shouldn't have to. Should I have to attend a "Black Mass" because they want a cake baked? Really?
A. Homosexuality is not a "lifestyle." It is one end of the continuum of sexuality, and is no more a choice than heterosexuality is. And pedophilia is not one bit similar to homosexuality, thus so your attempt to compare what is by definition child abuse to a normal form of adult sexuality is utterly laughable.

Old 04-09-2015, 06:15 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,351,326 times
I don't know, let's all have a cocktail party, put on some Judy Garland and get all those Gays together and ask them!

Seriously? Gay people are as diverse as straight people. I know it ruins your myths to imagine that not every gay man wears dresses and leaves a trail of glitter, but ....sit down......ITS TRUE.

Old 04-09-2015, 06:57 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,661,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
A. Homosexuality is not a "lifestyle." It is one end of the continuum of sexuality, and is no more a choice than heterosexuality is. And pedophilia is not one bit similar to homosexuality, thus so your attempt to compare what is by definition child abuse to a normal form of adult sexuality is utterly laughable.
Let me preface this by saying I am WAY more liberal when it comes to sexuality than most people. To call homosexuality normal and say pedophilia is abnormal is simpley absurd. Neither are normal, they are both equally abnormal. Pedophilia is just as much a sexual orientation as homosexuality is, it's simply undeniable. In addition to that, the notion of a continuum of sexuality is mostly garbage.

Old 04-09-2015, 07:03 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,746,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
Let me preface this by saying I am WAY more liberal when it comes to sexuality than most people. To call homosexuality normal and say pedophilia is abnormal is simpley absurd. Neither are normal, they are both equally abnormal. Pedophilia is just as much a sexual orientation as homosexuality is, it's simply undeniable.

I hope you are not more way liberal than most people. Pedophilia is a psychiatric disorder, homesexuality is not.

Normal is a word people use to feel better about themselves and put others down. Little people don't say that most people are normal height, they say average, because calling little people abnormal is rude.

I'm sure pedophiles call their condition a sexual orientation.

Old 04-09-2015, 07:14 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,661,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by so954 View Post
I hope you are not more way liberal than most people. Pedophilia is a psychiatric disorder, homesexuality is not.

Normal is a word people use to feel better about themselves and put others down. Little people don't say that most people are normal height, they say average, because calling little people abnormal is rude.

I'm sure pedophiles call their condition a sexual orientation.
I don't care about what is rude and what isn't. I care about the truth. I am tired of BS dancing around terms trying to make people feel happy while ignoring the truth. The APA changed the classification of pedophilia to a sexual orientation and people who know nothing about how the brain works freaked out and forced them to change it back. Homosexuality used to be viewed as a psychiatric disorder as well. Please explain to me in scientific terms how one abnormal sexual preference is that different from another. The issue here is children cannot consent so that's why people feel the way they do. However, that doesn't make the psychological mechanism very different.

Old 04-09-2015, 07:16 PM

950 posts, read 923,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Your religious rights END when it invades the religious, or non religious, rights of other people. This includes other people's CIVIL RIGHTS.

You come knocking at my door pushing your religion, I have every right to slam my door in your face. Your religious rights are not carte blanche.

I am not talking about .....knocking on your door and pushing my religious beliefs on gays.

I am talking about gays employing the Westboro tactics of interrupting a religous service in a vain attempt to get their way.

It backfired.

The only people supporting those actions are other gays and other memb ers of Westboro.

Two peas in a pod..........they must get their marching orders from the same playbook.

Old 04-09-2015, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
Love the sinner, hate the sin is such a BS copout. It is used by bigots afraid to admit to themselves and others that they have a deep seated hatred for gay people. If they could only keep their hatred to themselves, nobody would care. However, certain Christians won't stop until the entire United States is forced to adhere to their specific religious dogma. Just like the Taliban and Isis.

So, if " love the sinner ,hate the sin" is ............." such a B S copout".......is love the drunk, hate the drinking also a copout.

In both instances, the human being is loved but their sinful actions are not.

6 of one, half dozen of the other

Old 04-09-2015, 07:32 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,746,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
I don't care about what is rude and what isn't. I care about the truth. I am tired of BS dancing around terms trying to make people feel happy while ignoring the truth. The APA changed the classification of pedophilia to a sexual orientation and people who know nothing about how the brain works freaked out and forced them to change it back. Homosexuality used to be viewed as a psychiatric disorder as well. Please explain to me in scientific terms how one abnormal sexual preference is that different from another. The issue here is children cannot consent so that's why people feel the way they do. However, that doesn't make the psychological mechanism very different.
I'm not going to debate someone who equates homosexulity with pedophiles, and that's not even what this topic is about, so you should start a new debate if you want. Your mind is made up and I know the truth.

Old 04-09-2015, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJDAY81445 View Post
I ask this because whenever I post about the tactics of some gays... entering a Catholic church as a group and disrupting Sunday mass.....nearly every poster will side with that aggressive action and say they were justified to do that.

I would appreciate if posters would read this post, very slowly if necessary, before commenting.

I don't like it when posters put words in my post that I did not !

Old 04-09-2015, 07:39 PM

1,794 posts, read 4,910,766 times
I think I am missing something in this thread.
What does sexual orientation have to do with religion?
Can someone explain that to me.
If you are heterosexual, do you believe in the religious freedom of others?
That is the title of this thread, only they used gay instead.
Apples and Oranges.
Don't get it.
Mabey it's just me, who knows?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates