Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 09:10 AM

950 posts, read 924,487 times

Advertisements

I ask this because whenever I post about the tactics of some gays... entering a Catholic church as a group and disrupting Sunday mass.....nearly every poster will side with that aggressive action and say they were justified to do that.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:27 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,631,521 times
Hope this helps answer your question

In their 1989 manuscript, After the Ball: How America Will Conquer Its Fear and Hatred of Gays in the 90s, Harvard-educated marketing experts Marshall Kirk and Hunter Madsen meticulously laid out the homosexual lobby’s blueprint for success in what is widely regarded as the handbook for the "gay agenda." They devised a three-pronged approach that included the following major strategies:

(1) Desensitization: “Desensitization,” wrote Kirk and Madsen, means subjecting the public to a “continuous flood of gay-related advertising, presented in the least offensive fashion possible. If ‘straights’ can’t shut off the shower, they may at least eventually get used to being wet.” As the authors put it, homosexuals should be portrayed as the “Everyman.” “In no time,” they said, “a skillful and clever media campaign could have the gay community looking like the veritable fairy godmother to Western Civilization.”

(2) Jamming: “Jamming” refers to the public smearing of Christians, traditionalists or anyone else who opposes the gay agenda. Wrote Kirk and Madsen: “Jam homo-hatred by linking it to Nazi horror. Associate all who oppose homosexuality with images of ‘Klansmen demanding that gays be slaughtered,’ ‘hysterical backwoods preachers,’ ‘menacing punks,’ and a ‘tour of Nazi concentration camps where homosexuals were tortured and gassed.’"

Kirk and Madsen added: “In any campaign to win over the public, gays must be portrayed as victims in need of protection so that straights will be inclined by reflex to adopt the role of protector ... The purpose of victim imagery is to make straights feel very uncomfortable.” In a related move, the authors and their ideological cohorts began to smear anyone who disagreed with their agendas as “homophobes,” “hatemongers,” and “bigots.”

(3) Conversion: Kirk and Madsen called for the “conversion of the average American’s emotions, mind, and will, through a planned psychological attack, in the form of propaganda fed to the nation via the media.” "In the early stages of any campaign to reach straight America," they said, "the masses should not be shocked and repelled by premature exposure to homosexual behavior itself. Instead, the imagery of sex should be downplayed and gay rights should be reduced to an abstract social question as much as possible. First let the camel get his nose inside the tent — and only later his unsightly derriere!"

Old 04-09-2015, 09:33 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,760,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VJDAY81445 View Post
I ask this because whenever I post about the tactics of some gays... entering a Catholic church as a group and disrupting Sunday mass.....nearly every poster will side with that aggressive action and say they were justified to do that.
When did this happen or are you just making this up? Because I can make up stories too.

Yes I believe you have the right to go to any church you want. You do not have the right to discriminate against people because you were taught to hate certain people by your church. If you have a business open to the public and someone wants a cake it should not matter if they are gay or straight you should have to make it. Now if someone wants a hateful message written on it you do not have to make it. But if you make wedding cakes for straight people you should make if for gays also.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:51 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,631,521 times
First of all, not approving of one's lifestyle is not hating one. This "love me, love my lifestyle" is crap. So if I love a pedophile but disapprove of his/her actions am I hateful? Or an alcoholic, if I love him/her but disapprove of their actions am I hateful? Or even a Christian, if I love them but don't approve of Christianity am I hateful? Yes, you can go into any church you want BUT that does NOT give you the right to disrupt it. How would you like it if I walked in and disrupted your homosexual wedding? Personally I don't mind baking a cake for anyone. Hell their money is just as green as the next person. BUT I am not going to participate in their ceremony. I shouldn't have to. Should I have to attend a "Black Mass" because they want a cake baked? Really?

Old 04-09-2015, 09:51 AM

2,572 posts, read 4,252,019 times
Oh geez, another "Christians are victims" thread!

Old 04-09-2015, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by so954 View Post
When did this happen or are you just making this up? Because I can make up stories too.

Yes I believe you have the right to go to any church you want. You do not have the right to discriminate against people because you were taught to hate certain people by your church. If you have a business open to the public and someone wants a cake it should not matter if they are gay or straight you should have to make it. Now if someone wants a hateful message written on it you do not have to make it. But if you make wedding cakes for straight people you should make if for gays also.

This has nothing to do about wedding cakes !

This was about a a group of gays wearing armbands who entered St Paul MN Catholic churches during Sunday mass and disrupted services in an attempt to force the Catholic church to condone their gay lifestyle.

Their tactics are very similar to those employed by the Westboro group.
The difference is, the overwhelming majority of Christians criticized those tactics of interruption while the majority of gays applauded the tactics of gays.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
Oh geez, another "Christians are victims" thread!

and the Westboro group would say the same to the dead serviceman's family.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:58 AM

2,572 posts, read 4,252,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
Hope this helps answer your question

In their 1989 manuscript, After the Ball: How America Will Conquer Its Fear and Hatred of Gays in the 90s, Harvard-educated marketing experts Marshall Kirk and Hunter Madsen meticulously laid out the homosexual lobby’s blueprint for success in what is widely regarded as the handbook for the "gay agenda." They devised a three-pronged approach that included the following major strategies:

(1) Desensitization: “Desensitization,” wrote Kirk and Madsen, means subjecting the public to a “continuous flood of gay-related advertising, presented in the least offensive fashion possible. If ‘straights’ can’t shut off the shower, they may at least eventually get used to being wet.” As the authors put it, homosexuals should be portrayed as the “Everyman.” “In no time,” they said, “a skillful and clever media campaign could have the gay community looking like the veritable fairy godmother to Western Civilization.”

(2) Jamming: “Jamming” refers to the public smearing of Christians, traditionalists or anyone else who opposes the gay agenda. Wrote Kirk and Madsen: “Jam homo-hatred by linking it to Nazi horror. Associate all who oppose homosexuality with images of ‘Klansmen demanding that gays be slaughtered,’ ‘hysterical backwoods preachers,’ ‘menacing punks,’ and a ‘tour of Nazi concentration camps where homosexuals were tortured and gassed.’"

Kirk and Madsen added: “In any campaign to win over the public, gays must be portrayed as victims in need of protection so that straights will be inclined by reflex to adopt the role of protector ... The purpose of victim imagery is to make straights feel very uncomfortable.” In a related move, the authors and their ideological cohorts began to smear anyone who disagreed with their agendas as “homophobes,” “hatemongers,” and “bigots.”

(3) Conversion: Kirk and Madsen called for the “conversion of the average American’s emotions, mind, and will, through a planned psychological attack, in the form of propaganda fed to the nation via the media.” "In the early stages of any campaign to reach straight America," they said, "the masses should not be shocked and repelled by premature exposure to homosexual behavior itself. Instead, the imagery of sex should be downplayed and gay rights should be reduced to an abstract social question as much as possible. First let the camel get his nose inside the tent — and only later his unsightly derriere!"
They must've had European and Canadian counterparts, it seems the United States is near the bottom of the list of first world nations when it comes to embracing gay-rights.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by so954 View Post

.........."you do not have the right to discriminate against people because you were taught to hate certain people by your church ".....

My church preaches...........love the sinner, hate the sin

Gays want to force churches to accept/love the sin, also

Old 04-09-2015, 10:01 AM

1,385 posts, read 2,454,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VJDAY81445 View Post
Why don't you ask yourself if fundamentalists (they are the only religious folks demonizing gays) believe in freedom of religion of others? That is what the issue really is. If you and your ilk would stop expecting anyone else to follow your view of Christianity nobody would be taking aggressive action against it.

I find it hard to believe that you are so incredibly dense that you can't tell the difference between an action and a reaction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.