Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 08:19 PM

14,944 posts, read 12,136,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Ohhh Please..just stop with this kinda of stuff..NO ONE is advocating any such thing..unless you believe One side holds all the cards..?? OF course..I thought USA was a Country made of multi cultural/religions..Since when does anyone over-ride the other..Civil Liberties mean more than just one group..BUT ALL groups..I just cannot believe the extreme's some people like to post and paint their views as victimized by the whole other folks..SMH..The more you complain and exaggerate.The more you complaint the MORE it becomes laughable!! Need I say more??

Reminder~~
ex·ag·ger·ate

verb
represent (something) as being larger, greater, better, or worse than it really is.
"they were apt to exaggerate any aches and pains"
synonyms: overstate, overemphasize, overestimate, magnify, amplify, aggrandize, inflate; More
Tell that to your gay activist friends.

Old 04-09-2015, 08:20 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VJDAY81445 View Post
apples to oranges

When you post about abhorrent acts by straight people, there will not be many straight people condoning it.

When I post about gay people committing abhorrent acts, gay people condone those acts.

Why is that ?

That is why I state the repulsive actions by gay protestors is very similar to the repulsive actions of the Westboro group.

They, also, have no qualms about interrupting a religious service .
I have not see you post an "Abhorrent Acts" by Gay people. Have not seen any in the News either. Where are they? Real things, not made up crap. Straight people also support Gay Rights. I am not Gay, but have friends that are, and they are good people. They don't hate anyone, like you folks do. In fact, they don't even hate folks like you.

You folks are about as close to the Westboro as anyone can come, without being a member. You share the same Hatred, and the same contempt for your fellow man, if they don't follow your beliefs. The only difference between you people is who you hate, and your kind is more violent. Sad....

Old 04-09-2015, 08:32 PM

14,944 posts, read 12,136,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
No, we want churches to not force their beliefs upon everyone else and quit attempting to influence laws in this country which is clearly stated in the US Constitution as separate from religion. Don't like it? Move to another country.
Ok, I'll take a page from your passbook. How are churches trying to force their beliefs on everyone else and trying to influence laws which reflect the separation of government and religion as stated in the constitution? Specific examples please.

And how does someone expressing their views on same sex marriage or any other aspect of a gay lifestyle, but not acting to discriminate against gays in the workplace, does not refuse to serve them, or to rent to them, for instance, discriminate agajnst gays?.

Old 04-09-2015, 08:35 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
You bake a cake, you arrange the flowers or you are taking at photos at a gay wedding makes you a part of it. Those following the laws of God have no choice but to refuse to take an active part in a wedding that is not between one man and one woman. No choice. If you say "Yes, they can defy their God, defy their interior spirit and conscious." I'll say "Yes, you can marry someone of the opposite sex." which you most certainly can and deny yourself, your enter spirit and your conscious. This is not a one-sided issue.

I truly believe that some gays do believe in freedom of religion for both themselves and others but they are not the ones in the news or trying to force wide acceptance. Obviously, the articles and examples posted apply to probably a minority of what appears to be made up of people not well educated, probably not too moral even when leaving religion out of the picture as they are obviously disrespectful of others, sort of the barbarians of the homosexual community. I am also betting that the majority of gays, just like the rest of us, want someone baking our cake, arranging our flowers and taking photos in regard to our wedding that is excited and considers it a pleasure to serve us.
Did you read the examples you posted of "Gays" disrupting Church Services? I did. The first link said had this to say:

"four protestors showed up at a church-hosted gay pride event, two more protestors disrupted the Episcopal Church of the Redeemer’s 8:30 a.m. worship service on Sunday, leading to police being called.
Friday's event, the first of its kind in Cleveland County, attracted a crowd of nearly 300 people of all ages, races and genders for a picnic behind the church. The event was called #ShelbyLoves by organizers and there are plans to make it an annual festivity."

It was a "Gay" event, hosted by the Church, so your trying to say Gays disrupted it? How about it was protesters from Gay Hate groups that disrupted the Church event?

The other "link" claims Gay activists threatened to disrupt services, because of the Churches views on ABORTION and Gay Rights. No one did. It was just a claim made by anti Gay, anti-Abortion wing nuts.

So what was your point? That some Churches support Gay Rights? If it was the point, you provided a link for it. Thanks.

Old 04-09-2015, 08:36 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,152,106 times
Closed for moderation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates