Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 11:59 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,905,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Sign me up to fill in for you on the days you can't make it in to throw the lever on the chair for them. Sadly, many of these people, and I believe they have no soul, get out of prison only to repeat the crime again or a more severe one or a chain of crimes.

At one time, I think they presented less of a problem because many were kept in mental institutions until they died. Others executed.

There is a growing number of sociopaths/psychopaths and now it has a new name "antisocial personality disorder" so as to throw you off the track of what is really being dealt with.

Pedophile isn't considered an issue unless he/she acts on the "desires" and from what I understand, those that actually want to control the "desires" and not just claim it in another type of "sexual orientation" can get help in the way of therapy and/or medication. I actually followed someone posting elsewhere going through the process. It was interesting but then again, this was not anyone that had acted on it. I think once it has been acted on, take the keys and lock them up and watch them closely until the day they die.

Rape is tough. Just a rapist that randomly chooses victims needs to be put under the foundation of the prison. Other types are sketchy and I don't even know how that could be fairly addressed.

Serial killers need to be staked in the hot desert, tied with wet rawhide, spread eagle in the hot desert sun and well, let nature take its course.

Truthfully, I always thought that judges and jurors who cut these people slack had some of the same inclinations. Think about it. All should receive the maximum sentence and sympathizers that let them off or out to repeat the crimes, when the crime is repeated, those that set them free before absolutely necessary should hold personal responsibility in the actions of the criminal. They would maybe think twice.

Take to the streets like common 19th century villagers and lynch those you find detestable?

And those who fancy firearms are dangerous?

Now you see why that discussion has no traction. The mob mentality is counterproductive when destructive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2015, 09:04 AM

1,356 posts, read 1,280,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchz View Post
When people behave in a humane way they deserve to be treated humanely but when they do not and it is proven beyond doubt which there are cases as such - they do not deserve to be treated humanely. There is ways for this to be taken care of in which they are not abused or tortured the way many of them have done to others that is why the are where they are and then the rest of us do not have to pay to take care of them. I do not want to pay one penny for killers like - Joseph Edward Duncan who admitted his crimes and who already had been incarcerated for similar crimes, Vinson Filyaw and Marc Dutroux etc ..............................

So I am wondering just what your thoughts are about how to take action instead of not like we are now?
Assertive discussion and action are in progress more and more. Some people don't seem to want to deal with these issues... or talk about them.

Freedom of information.

Involvement in your community and just plain human interaction can prevent these issues......... isolation is what keeps these issues in our communities.

If a home has an active family or neighborly social arrangement, you can rest assured that the avenues of communication will be active and the ability to ask for help and also get help for issues that can lead to mental illness will be far more possible.

It takes a village to raise a healthy child.

Setting us all up for success is a wise investment.

Old 10-12-2015, 09:28 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,914,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
By that I mean pedophiles, men that rape women, serial killers, child abusers, and the like. Is there ANY good reason why once found guilty these psychopaths aren't immediately taken behind the court house and shot like a dog with rabies? Why do we even give value to those that don't even deserve the right to exist or be considered human? Had Hitler only used his gas chambers for the likes of the above would anyone care?

Well all members of our species are generally considered human in western society except in the eyes of a few fringe groups being a human isn't something you earn.

However I will say that people that commint the crimes you mentioned do get off easy in the US at least in my opinion. There are huge sums of money to be made from legally defending and warehousing criminals.

Old 10-12-2015, 10:10 AM

50,924 posts, read 24,432,298 times
When I was a boy growing up in a small town in western NYS, we were all warned about "Bob". He was sort of like that weird character in "To Kill A Mockingbird". Everyone stayed waaaay away from Bob. No one ever told us what was wrong with Bob, just to stay away from him.

As I learned later, when I was an adult, he had simply had a nervous breakdown. Nothing more, nothing less.

I always try to think of Bob when people warn me about someone...just to keep such vague warnings in perspective.

Old 10-15-2015, 09:56 AM

259 posts, read 179,096 times
OP, I don't consider the psychopaths you described in your opening missive that deserving of life. I also, don't find the US presidents, generals, and soldiers responsible for all manners of appalling crimes in Afghanistan, Vietnam, Iraq, Nicaragua, etc, etc quite worthy of life either. Nor do I have much respect for the lives of any of the bloodthirsty posters on these forums that bray for more carnage.

Old 10-15-2015, 02:20 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,688,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
By that I mean pedophiles, men that rape women, serial killers, child abusers, and the like. Is there ANY good reason why once found guilty these psychopaths aren't immediately taken behind the court house and shot like a dog with rabies? Why do we even give value to those that don't even deserve the right to exist or be considered human? Had Hitler only used his gas chambers for the likes of the above would anyone care?
Like it or not, we have a legal system and a legal process. So, even though it might seem like a good thing to summarily execute certain people, we don't do that.

Old 10-15-2015, 07:08 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,219,984 times
This thread is a perfect example of why we shouldn't let overly emotional people run our justice system. I mean where would it end? Should we execute the family members of the suspects as well even though they may have had nothing to do with it? Or what if we charge the people who own the property that the crime took place on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates