Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 02:47 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,580,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
We have a lot of people for whom this would not be an issue, the "putting them down". For me, it would be easier than putting down a dog because more times than not, the owner was the problem and not the dog. The death penalty is already administered in some states. There are people that end lives every day as part of their job and some how, they sleep at night and these are innocent lives that they take.

Obviously, I'm an "eye for eye" person. Way too much turning the other cheek is done these days and I think you might have hit on something though that one of the reasons that people don't want to push for the death penalty is because one has to be able to separate themselves and realize the job has to be done. Some people are just stronger than others. There are a few of these individuals that no one should ever have to have contact with again because they are so evil. An souless, evil person is less than human and what needs to be done, needs to done.
Sure as hell wouldn't be an issue for me. In fact if I had the chance I'd make some Nazi gas chambers, pull every serial killer/rapist/pedophile currently in prison, have them all transferred to said gas chambers and before I press the button to gas them all I'd get on the loud speaker and say "Hope you enjoy your time in hell you sub-human fecal matter" then press the button and watch every one fall to the floor dead.

I really don't see how any decent person could ever feel bad about simultaneously killing thousands if not millions of the worst scum, the worst dredge of society the things that don't even deserve to be called "human". That's one reason I wouldn't have an issue with it. If you are a serial killer, rapist, pedophile etc. I do NOT consider you as part of the human species, they deserve to die along with their deeply flawed genetics.

Again, what REALLY makes me mad how little "justice" is given to actual victims, yet they'll send out a paramilitary force to get rid of drug dealers, people that have stolen MILLIONS yet god forbid the govt has to tackle a justice issue that actually effects the common man/woman. All the people in jail for white collar crimes should get much less time an punishment than the aforementioned do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 03:33 PM

366 posts, read 494,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
"Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me."
An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.

Old 10-06-2015, 03:46 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,467,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
We have a lot of people for whom this would not be an issue, the "putting them down". For me, it would be easier than putting down a dog because more times than not, the owner was the problem and not the dog. The death penalty is already administered in some states. There are people that end lives every day as part of their job and some how, they sleep at night and these are innocent lives that they take.

Obviously, I'm an "eye for eye" person. Way too much turning the other cheek is done these days and I think you might have hit on something though that one of the reasons that people don't want to push for the death penalty is because one has to be able to separate themselves and realize the job has to be done. Some people are just stronger than others. There are a few of these individuals that no one should ever have to have contact with again because they are so evil. An souless, evil person is less than human and what needs to be done, needs to done.
I am an "eye for an eye" person too. The trouble is, it can't be done for a person like Tsarnaev unless you can find someone to literally blow him up piece by piece as he did his poor defenseless victims.

I am also a supporter of the old expression, "killing would be too good for him." Better to make him rot in prison for the rest of his long life which would be very long since he is so young. Keep him in solitary much but not all of the time. Give him a taste of company and freedom as much as prison gives and take it away. Allow him only the basic of necessities. No visitors ever. Treat him like the monster he is and make him live out the rest of his days in this way.

He is not a hermit or loner. This would be torture of the worst kind. Slowly and painfully day by day for the rest of his miserable life.

Old 10-06-2015, 04:02 PM

986 posts, read 2,510,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
By that I mean pedophiles, men that rape women, serial killers, child abusers, and the like. Is there ANY good reason why once found guilty these psychopaths aren't immediately taken behind the court house and shot like a dog with rabies? Why do we even give value to those that don't even deserve the right to exist or be considered human? Had Hitler only used his gas chambers for the likes of the above would anyone care?
Throw Sandy Hook Truthers and global warming deniers into that mix. They could care less about future lives, but of course they'll cry over other peoples' fetal tissue to be ideologically consistent.

Old 10-06-2015, 04:03 PM

986 posts, read 2,510,131 times
Quote:
Sure as hell wouldn't be an issue for me. In fact if I had the chance I'd make some Nazi gas chambers, pull every serial killer/rapist/pedophile currently in prison, have them all transferred to said gas chambers and before I press the button to gas them all I'd get on the loud speaker and say "Hope you enjoy your time in hell you sub-human fecal matter" then press the button and watch every one fall to the floor dead.

I really don't see how any decent person could ever feel bad about simultaneously killing thousands if not millions of the worst scum, the worst dredge of society the things that don't even deserve to be called "human". That's one reason I wouldn't have an issue with it. If you are a serial killer, rapist, pedophile etc. I do NOT consider you as part of the human species, they deserve to die along with their deeply flawed genetics.

Again, what REALLY makes me mad how little "justice" is given to actual victims, yet they'll send out a paramilitary force to get rid of drug dealers, people that have stolen MILLIONS yet god forbid the govt has to tackle a justice issue that actually effects the common man/woman. All the people in jail for white collar crimes should get much less time an punishment than the aforementioned do.
Would you include trophy hunters in that mix? Killing of any species for fun is evil to me.

Old 10-06-2015, 04:14 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,316,632 times
Quote:
The part that really gets me is how lax our joke of a "justice system" is. Take for example a man pummels his wife/gf he gets arrested. Chances are VERY good he'll be out in a day or so just to go back to either do it again or worse to the person. I knew a woman last year her man beat her up he was arrested and released the NEXT DAY and sure enough he went back to her place and broke in and started beating her again, this time though a neighbor heard and did something about it, he grabbed a crow bar, entered her apartment and BEAT THE **** OUTTA HIM!! Seriously by the time the guy was done beating the other guy with a crow bar there was blood EVERYWHERE! But the woman was also badly beaten. Fortunately the guy that defended her wasn't arrested, and the guy that got beat to within an inch of his life went to the hospital and back to jail.

What gets me though is it is an absolute DISGRACE that the mofo was allowed back on the streets and the very next day no less, WTF?? Personally if it were up to me any man brought to jail for beating women/children would be taken to a special room where the meanest cops get to have a field day ripping the guy a new one while saying "HOW DO YOU LIKE IT!!??" over and over.

Also, I bet if a woman that was raped was some judges' daughter he'd get tons of time. I just don't understand why our justice system is all to happy to go after drugs, money launderers, extortionists etc. and make sure they spend DECADES in prison yet a woman/child can be beat/raped/molested and they are treated like jaywalking crimes. Why are we so willing to so aggressively go after people for things that ultimately don't really matter but when there are REAL victims of a REAL crime they are pretty much told just go *********rself.
Where the heck do you live? In California domestic violence with injury is a felony and carries some serious consequences. It's taken so seriously that even if the victim spouse changes their mind about prosecution, the state will move forward and prosecute the case without the victim's cooperation. If an offender is released on bail pending trial they usually have a restraining order which if violated will result in an additional criminal charge.

Old 10-06-2015, 04:41 PM

1,589 posts, read 1,186,183 times
Most damage is done by ignorant people.

Old 10-06-2015, 05:13 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,580,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Where the heck do you live? In California domestic violence with injury is a felony and carries some serious consequences. It's taken so seriously that even if the victim spouse changes their mind about prosecution, the state will move forward and prosecute the case without the victim's cooperation. If an offender is released on bail pending trial they usually have a restraining order which if violated will result in an additional criminal charge.
Then why is it 1/4 women will be raped, or that 97% of rapists never see a day in jail? I don't care what the books say, in theory sure stuff like DV is considered a horrible crime, but based on how every day a man that beat his woman is out pretty much the next day goes on to beat/kill/rape the woman anyway what good does a restraining order do? How many men who wanted to beat/rape/kill a woman thought "I want SO bad to beat and rape her, but there is a restraining order better not!" Probably very very few.

The only real way to deal wit these sobs is to have them taken out back and shot.

Old 10-06-2015, 05:28 PM

1,589 posts, read 1,186,183 times
Move to a region under the control of ISIS. There you will find the sort of justice sytem that you seek.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:24 PM

7,579 posts, read 5,331,437 times
Quote:
Moderator cut: Off Topic

On the flip side of your cut'em loose anecdote there are thousands of defendants sitting on jail having copped to charges that they never committed. There are cases like the Central Park Five, five teenagers who "confessed" to a heinous rape, only later to be exonerated when the actual rapist was arrested. Then there are the 155 defendants were sentenced to death row many serving dozens of years before the appeals process finally worked proving their original innocence.

Your argument is irrational (as in emotion based) and while I don't want to denigrate your feelings that can be quite justified, we don't, can't and shouldn't ever let emotion guide our criminal justice system. It has to operate in a dispassionate and as objective as possible manner that is how justice is dispensed in a civilized society.

Sir William Blackstone once stated that it is "Better than ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer." So until you can absolutely guarantee the absolute guilt of any defendant I prefer not to live in a society that operated as you've described.

Last edited by Jeo123; 10-10-2015 at 07:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates