Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 03:55 PM

3,203 posts, read 2,482,566 times

Advertisements

Add those who are animal abusers also. They sometimes graduate to abuse humans. I would like to put the whole lot on an old hulk of a rotting corpse of a tanker and leave them there to try to survive out in the middle of the Pacific. Not very humane of me I know but I knew two people who were murdered and I still am sad about their loss of life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 04:02 PM

218 posts, read 214,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
We have a lot of people for whom this would not be an issue, the "putting them down". For me, it would be easier than putting down a dog because more times than not, the owner was the problem and not the dog. The death penalty is already administered in some states. There are people that end lives every day as part of their job and some how, they sleep at night and these are innocent lives that they take.

Obviously, I'm an "eye for eye" person. Way too much turning the other cheek is done these days and I think you might have hit on something though that one of the reasons that people don't want to push for the death penalty is because one has to be able to separate themselves and realize the job has to be done. Some people are just stronger than others. There are a few of these individuals that no one should ever have to have contact with again because they are so evil. An souless, evil person is less than human and what needs to be done, needs to done.
Yes, Isis is also an eye for an eye person. The old guillitine and rack were also eye for an eye. Problems start when there are people that have no problem doing the deeds. From "clean" killing, or disgusting unfathnoable killing. It's still all killing which is suspect. Someone who has no remorse or sleepless nights .....why are they not a bit "off" themselves? Or could become a bit off, because we believe it's wrong to kill? Not to mention the wrongful guilty verdicts. Food for thought.

Old 10-08-2015, 04:08 PM

1,589 posts, read 1,183,995 times
Barbaric sadists are barbaric sadists. What else needs to be said? They are base exceptions to the rule that we live today in a civilized society.

Old 10-08-2015, 04:10 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,778,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
By that I mean pedophiles, men that rape women, serial killers, child abusers, and the like. Is there ANY good reason why once found guilty these psychopaths aren't immediately taken behind the court house and shot like a dog with rabies? Why do we even give value to those that don't even deserve the right to exist or be considered human? Had Hitler only used his gas chambers for the likes of the above would anyone care?

Because you and society don't get to decide whether or not they are human.

Old 10-08-2015, 04:25 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,321,091 times
It is kind of funny when the United States has the longest prison sentences in the developed world, has the largest percentage of its population in the prison system and yet complains about how lenient the prison system is. Not that long ago a person was released after being found not guilty of theft after serving 23 years.

For a county that has one quarter of all the people in the world who are in a prison just how much more do you want in at any one time. If you make any people disposable you make all people disposable. The system is there to protect all people and only if you give everyone a justice system can you be sure that the justice system is there if you need it.

Old 10-08-2015, 04:35 PM

94 posts, read 78,246 times
Quote:
By that I mean pedophiles, men that rape women, serial killers, child abusers, and the like. Is there ANY good reason why once found guilty these psychopaths aren't immediately taken behind the court house and shot like a dog with rabies? Why do we even give value to those that don't even deserve the right to exist or be considered human? Had Hitler only used his gas chambers for the likes of the above would anyone care?
Good questions to ponder over. I wish we had a planet orbiting ours with just enough oxygen and water and fertile soil that was close enough that we can slingshot a tin can full of these troublemakers off our planet. I think by killing them though we release their evil energies into an all-encompassing multi-dimensional realm where they have even greater (yet subtle) influence over us rather than the precisely-chosen victims they choose. In other words fighting evil with evil only makes strong evil that we have less control over. The best we can do in our trapped mortal lives is try to turn evil people around, try to heal the wounded, and as much as possible try to slow or stop the evil cycle. In my nuclear engineering schooling I learned matter and energy are the same, and in my 30+ years of life on this planet I learned you can't vanquish evil by merely killing it.

Old 10-08-2015, 11:37 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,986,369 times
Quote:
Why? Don't think everyone values the lives of these savages. If there was no doubt, I would have them executed as soon as the Jury found them guilty. I have lost all sympathy for criminals such as you mention. Society is better off without them. There is no cure or treatment for psychopaths and sociopaths.

Old 10-08-2015, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clikrf8 View Post
Add those who are animal abusers also. They sometimes graduate to abuse humans. I would like to put the whole lot on an old hulk of a rotting corpse of a tanker and leave them there to try to survive out in the middle of the Pacific. Not very humane of me I know but I knew two people who were murdered and I still am sad about their loss of life.
Ditto - one person here. Her ex came into her house with some excuse and shot her point blank in the face, killing her instantly. Her father found her body when she failed to answer the phone for two days. Do you know what that did to her little son and her parents... and the rest of us? It was a living nightmare. He got life in prison which REALLY means he could be out on parole in 10 with good behavior.

I am all for executing violent criminals, including child molesters and animal abusers. I don't see their lives being "sacred" or worth feeding them for years in prison. Too many make parole to go out and rape and kill again.

Old 10-08-2015, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post

.....And another thing. These scumbags (and that's an insult to scum) affect the lives of their victims FOREVER and frequently affect the lives of the victim's loved ones and future loved ones. Oh no. I'd gladly pull the switch.

You are 100% correct. I got to see the results of what happens to the victim's loved ones. The pain and suffering they have to endure for the rest of their lives. And in the case I am talking about, to leave a little boy to be raised by his grieving grandparents. His mother was shot in the face by his father. So he has no mother and his psychopath of a father sits in a TN prison, we hope, for the rest of his life. We can only hope he can get over this and live a normal life.

Old 10-08-2015, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
Thank you! Everyone cries for blood, but if it was them or their loved one who was wrongfully convicted, they'd be crying for their day in court to appeal
This is why the death penalty should never be used in a circumstantial case. It should only be considered where there is no doubt due to semen or DNA or fingerprints. Something that only the rapist or killer could have left behind. And yes, I believe anyone who sexually molests or rapes or kills a child should be put to death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates