Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2016, 08:49 AM

123 posts, read 84,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Of course it doesn't. But your constitution was also written by anti-traditionalist libertarians, so I have no interest in upholding it in the first place. That's beside the point, though. I was talking more in terms of general principles than American-specific politics or de jure policies. The duty of motherhood exists within the context of duty to your nation. Just like men have a duty to care (and possible die) for the nation, as well as women and children, so too do women have the duty of continuing the nation by means of childbirth and childrearing.
How many should they be required to bear and in what time frame? Should the women then be mandated to stay home with them? Who will provide financial support for thesevwomen and children?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2016, 09:14 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,576,507 times
Abortion should be legal and safe. No woman should be forced to have a child that she can't or won't take care of.

Old 02-06-2016, 09:31 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,574,961 times
Default Should Abortion be illegal?

Should the government intrude into the most personal of situations?

Old 02-06-2016, 09:37 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,602,854 times
Absolutely !

Murdering an infant in the womb is stealing life from a person.
They are people in there. They should and will have protection
from assault again.

Old 02-06-2016, 09:38 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,602,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
Abortion should be legal and safe. No woman should be forced to have a child that she can't or won't take care of.
She's not. She is welcome to refrain from sexual intercourse or use contraceptives.

Old 02-06-2016, 10:54 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,555,631 times
since i support the death penalty and euthanasia, i support abortion... if i dont morally oppose killing a person, age wouldn't matter, just the reason should be clear and people left behind needs to able to live with decision

Old 02-06-2016, 06:04 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,446,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achelois View Post
How many should they be required to bear and in what time frame? Should the women then be mandated to stay home with them? Who will provide financial support for thesevwomen and children?
I just said in the post you quoted I'm not talking about de jure regulations. I'm talking about a broader concept of duty, which underlies this particular topic (abortion), regardless of whether it's spelt out in some official document. Childbirth is a very important duty, which is necessary to sustain the nation, and there is really no way to dispute this. Thus, if for no other reason that practical considerations, abortion-on-demand should not be provided (in the ideal nation-state), unless a reasonable exception can be made.

And yes, female careerism is very destructive and should be strongly discouraged. Female careerism causes a lower birth rate and an inferior standard of care for children whose mothers are too busy working to properly raise them.

Old 02-09-2016, 02:26 PM

36,577 posts, read 30,921,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
I just said in the post you quoted I'm not talking about de jure regulations. I'm talking about a broader concept of duty, which underlies this particular topic (abortion), regardless of whether it's spelt out in some official document. Childbirth is a very important duty, which is necessary to sustain the nation, and there is really no way to dispute this. Thus, if for no other reason that practical considerations, abortion-on-demand should not be provided (in the ideal nation-state), unless a reasonable exception can be made.

And yes, female careerism is very destructive and should be strongly discouraged. Female careerism causes a lower birth rate and an inferior standard of care for children whose mothers are too busy working to properly raise them.
Seriously, do you know how many people inhabit this planet, this nation? We are sustained.

I think instead of focusing on the number of babies women can pop out as their national duty, efforts would be better utilized seeing that male careerism and fatherhood is sufficient enough and enforced to care for all this dutiful childbirth and the responsibilities that ensue.

Old 02-09-2016, 02:34 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,913,963 times
Murder is illegal, and abortion IS murder.

So, it should be illegal.

Old 02-09-2016, 02:41 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,446,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Seriously, do you know how many people inhabit this planet, this nation? We are sustained.
I am not a universalist. I am concerned about the survival of my people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates