Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2017, 09:20 AM

8,007 posts, read 10,428,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
You say you are in education and have seen this. Those of us whose do not work in education will not be allowed to walk through the halls of any public school these days. So, who is to be held responsible for making the changes you want? The people who work in education! If you are not a part of the solution, you are part of the problem.
I am a teacher. Trust me, no one advocates for change more than teachers. We are the ones going to the state capital begging them to recognize the problem. We are the ones telling them what needs to be fixed. But guess what? The people who create and perpetuate this system of education have usually never been in a classroom either. Teachers hands are tied. We do as much as we can, but voters need to vote and make their voices heard. The turnout for school board and local elections is pathetically low, so nothing changes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvo Driver View Post
Angry and hostile? Hardly. Apparently you're unaccustomed to having somebody call your bluff. Apparently calling people racists typically gets you off the hook. But not with me.

So - again - this thread is about 3 specific things: I've been discussing 2 of those 3 things, but you accuse me of hijacking it.

And, of course, I'm a racist. Got it.

Obviously you'd rather wallow in self-pity than look at solutions. So be it.
So I am legitimately curious. What, in your opinion, makes someone a racist?

Old 05-11-2017, 09:22 AM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
You wouldn't possibly have an issue with white men, would you? Just an observation, and a VERY accurate one at that!
As much of an issue as I have with Black men and Muslim men's violence. Did you expect White men's issues with violence to be excluded from this thread simply because they're White? If so, massive F A I L on that thought.

Thanks, yes I do have a VERY accurate observation on the violence of WM. When I think of violence I rank sexual violence just as high as physical violence because it is that.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:23 AM

Quote:
And yet another lie. I've never said any such thing.

But never mind. You know what you think, and facts don't matter.
That's right. You didn't say ALL of them, just most of them

Old 05-11-2017, 09:27 AM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,118 times
Default What does that have to do with it?

Quote:
You need some simple lessons in math.
What does lessons in math have to do with anything? The thread is about male violence. White men are males so I listed their violent acts, too. The one thing that I didn't mention is rape via incest (starting with children as young as 2, 3, 4 years old and up) which we'll never have accurate numbers on because it's the most unreported crime. If there were credible stats on that, it would blow Muslim and Black male-on-BM-violence rates out of the water.

Old 05-11-2017, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Right over your head. Wow.

Let me spell it out for you: Men are more apt to be physically violent - to the point of injury - than are women. Is that really a mystery to you - or hard to figure out why? If you're having trouble understanding the "why" of that, I can explain it to you.

But here's another FACT that you don't want to admit. There is a staggering problem in America with black men killing other black men. 93% of black homicide victims are killed by other blacks. Blacks commit over 50% of all homicides, despite comprising only 12% of the general population of America. Black crime rates were lower in the 1940s and 1950s, when black poverty was higher and racial discrimination was rampant and legal.

These are FACTS. Me citing FACTS is not racism. It is not bigotry. I'm saying there is a huge problem here, and it is undeniable.

Now... if you would like to move beyond denial and defensiveness and move to potential solutions, I'm game. And there ARE solutions I'm involved in, and they ARE working. But if all you're going to do is pull out the tired old "YOU'RE A RACIST!!!" bs, you only prove what you actually are.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, a lot of that has to do with our justice system and the fact that black men are far more likely to be convicted of a violent crime than white men. A white man kills someone, and it's self defense. A black man kills someone, and he's a murder.

When wrongful convictions affect blacks more than whites, can we call it a justice system? - LA Times

Old 05-11-2017, 09:39 AM

4,224 posts, read 3,018,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
Is that what they told you in your gender studies class?
No, it's simple fact. There is no scientific basis for the gender differences you claim .

Old 05-11-2017, 09:42 AM

4,224 posts, read 3,018,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Alas, this is the age of policed thought and policed words.
Certainly preferable to an age of wanton and deliberate violence by unbridled cavemen, thugs, and bullies.

Old 05-11-2017, 10:30 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I view it like this. Mentality. Alot of men are violent because of little control of their anger. Also, many men see violence as a way of getting control. The idea being "either he'll listen to me, or I'll make him listen, and the only way to make him get the point is through violence. If said person fears for his life, he'll get the point". Many men see violence as the only way to solve any problem. What do you do with someone with that kind of mentality?
And that is due to an archaic way of thinking. It comes down to family upbringing, education, cultural background and social media.

Old 05-11-2017, 10:31 AM

2,307 posts, read 2,995,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Howard View Post
These criminals, jailbirds, violent offenders are products of single mothers. Fact. You want to screw up a little boy: remove the father. But that's not politically-correct talk is it?
Any woman who has survived domestic violence would call your argument blaming the victim. Any psychologist would ask if you have conflated concomitance with causation. Perhaps single mothers do not create "screwed up little boys" all by themselves. Perhaps in part the DNA of the fathers plays a part in their higher rates of criminality.

These "screwed up" little boys are also the genetic offspring of men who could not/would not maintain a relationship. They are the sons of women who left dangerous, erratic, abusive and/or addicted men--and they are also the sons of those men.

I would like to stand up for those mothers who have the courage to leave--and I know how hard it can be and how dangerous it can be--in order to protect their "screwed up little boys".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates