Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2019, 12:01 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,760,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
lol - nope - you just demonstrated which group you are in and it isn't "rich and powerful"....

You can con yourself but your own post prove otherwise.
I am rich and powerful because I am content with what I have and I thank God for it. I don't compare myself to others so I don't care what you think of me.

These billionaires are miserable because their whole life is chasing the next $10 billion to try to become the richest person in the world just so they can be remembered for running a company that didn't let their employees go to the bathroom and then they die with $150 billion in assets and it was all for nothing when they could have used half of that money to help Americans and America. So if they don't want to pay taxes at least set up ways to help people with charities for those in need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2019, 12:11 PM

1,586 posts, read 1,129,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
You let yourself get gaslighted by Fox News and Trump into thinking there is a scary Deep State that are so powerful that they couldn't stop Trump winning. That are so powerful that they force Trump to do illegal things and say stupid things. That are so powerful that you think you know who they are and that you know their names. Wake up. People in the CIA and FBI probably only make about $150K a year or less which is middle class in the expensive DC area.

You are fighting the wrong enemy, your own gaslighted mind. Fox News is literally lying to you and hiding Trump's crimes from you and talking about other nonsense while Trump has on Scandal going on with Ukraine, then he doubles down and starts another in Syria with the Kurds and Turks and then Triples down by saying he is going to have the G7 in Doral, and then he yells that the emoluments is falke. Trump hates the law and the Constitution which is all we have to keep a nation that is somewhat free but actually a Plutocracy. Meanwhile Trump thinks Alabama is on the Atlantic Ocean and marks a map with a sharpie and thinks Colorado is on the Mexico border and needs a wall.

Republicans in Congress have no integrity besides a few like Rooney and Romney. It's men acting like children blaming the Constitutional process calling it a Lynching because they know Trump is guilty. Then they lie and say they want it out in the open. They would hate for the American people to hear an Ambassador appointed by Pompeo say that Trump is indeed guilty of a quid pro quo for trying to extort Ukraine into digging up dirt on his opponent.

What's funny is that some would rather have your child or grandchild die than pay an extra $10 a week in taxes to make sure they have coverage for life. Then they defend the billionaires who don't want to pay taxes? why?
uhmm... not a republican. Not a Trump fan either. soooo... Nice try, I guess? But I get it. You have been trained that everything must fit into that neat and tidy "you must be the enemy if your not with me" two party system. Seems like you have the MSNBC facts right though. Good job?

Interesting that a top secret investigation has somehow leaked an opening statement and yet we have none of the testimony for Quid Pro Quo. A convenient leak?

Telling you dude. The elites are the same people in politics, just swapping chairs back and forth.

Btw, Biden called the Clinton impeachment a "lynching" in the late 90's. So tit for tat? Am I doing it right?

Old 10-24-2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Loud View Post

Btw, Biden called the Clinton impeachment a "lynching" in the late 90's. So tit for tat? Am I doing it right?
Did Bill Clinton call any of the Congressmen who spoke out about him "scum"?

Also The Clinton Impeachment was for morals and not for crimes which is what Trump is being impeached for so yeah saying it's a partisan lynching is wrong but more accurate than Trumps countless crimes in office.

Let me guess you are a Libertarian which is worse than a Republican.

Oh and guess what Biden was wrong to call it a lynching and no Democrat would defend it.

But Lindsey Graham not only defended Trump but agreed with him that it was a lynching.

Last edited by LifeIsGood01; 10-24-2019 at 01:36 PM..

Old 10-24-2019, 12:28 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
How many "billionaires" do y'all know?

Old 10-24-2019, 12:30 PM

2,066 posts, read 901,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
but it actually isn't. Jesus wasn't into handouts believe it or not.
Ralph et al, if one good thing came out of eight years under the tyranny of the SCOAMF, it is that we were forced to learn the left's playbook … Alinsky's Rules for Radicals, Cloward and Piven, etc. The posters that try to deflect this into a religious argument rather than the discussion about taxation being similar to theft at the point of a gun are just utilizing a variant 'ol Saul's rule #4:
  • Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules."

This strategy also in use by Mayor Pete, to denigrate right-leaning Christians, if you are paying attention (I know you are).

Old 10-24-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
How many "billionaires" do y'all know?
zero. But we all know how this works as mentioned before:

The masses demand from the billionaires, then demand from the millionaires, then demand of the thousandaires, then demand of the six figure earners, then demand of the middle class, ... it's only a matter of time before they come after your 401k's and IRA's.

Old 10-24-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Let me guess you are a Libertarian which is worse than a Republican.
"...worse". I guess that is better than anything ending with 'ist or 'phobe which I have learned is apparently popular. Incredibly lazy, but popular.

Parties mean nothing. It's all a show. Until we hold our own accountable there's no point in poking the eye of the one across the aisle. Accountability. Which no one is doing. Everyone is making excuses for their own, and raging about "the other guy". Whataboutism is rampant. The media laps it up churning out five minute increments of outrage to keep you watching. The leadership feeding them all talking points.

This is why it's madness to send them more $$$ or anything of ours. They are not in it for us. They are in it for control and mind share. And they have the guns and secrets to enforce it.

And I actually like you and your posts frequently. Kinda bums me out you are so partisan. Oh well, love ya anyways. Life is truly good.

Old 10-24-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
Ralph et al, if one good thing came out of eight years under the tyranny of the SCOAMF, it is that we were forced to learn the left's playbook … Alinsky's Rules for Radicals, Cloward and Piven, etc. The posters that try to deflect this into a religious argument rather than the discussion about taxation being similar to theft at the point of a gun are just utilizing a variant 'ol Saul's rule #4:
  • Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules."

This strategy also in use by Mayor Pete, to denigrate right-leaning Christians, if you are paying attention (I know you are).
Oh you mean the Trump's Repugs storming Congress and arguing about the process because they can't argue his crime?

You want to know what Trump's rules are? never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it.

Last edited by LifeIsGood01; 10-24-2019 at 01:34 PM..

Old 10-24-2019, 01:48 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
Quote:
Let's really cut to the chase, America is tied to keeping people desperate and ignorant so that the rich and powerful can keep getting richer and it's bad for our nation because one day this Plutocracy will come to a breaking point. Ignorant people have fooled themselves into protecting the rich and powerful who don't need out help and will always keep getting rich. And so you call every other first world nation a bunch of freeloaders for having Universal Healthcare?

And if our healthcare system is so great why do not other countries want to implement it? Plus they would fight tooth and nail to keep what they have.
Read your post a couple of times, and it really doesn't make sense. Seems like you've combined several of Elizabeth Warren's talking points with some extra adjectives. I particularly noticed your envy of the rich!
Your apparent preoccupation with having others pay for your healthcare is troubling though.
Hope it all works out for you.

Old 10-24-2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Read your post a couple of times, and it really doesn't make sense. Seems like you've combined several of Elizabeth Warren's talking points with some extra adjectives. I particularly noticed your envy of the rich!
Your apparent preoccupation with having others pay for your healthcare is troubling though.
Hope it all works out for you.
I hope the karma of being against universal healthcare does not trouble your family and friends when they are refused care and die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates