Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2019, 09:49 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,760,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
NO he does. He is one of the few people who tries to do things for common folk after a long time ( After Obamacare) . He spoke the same thing in 90's and 2016 and now.

He also cares about the rich, which is why the tax cut bill was passed with bipartisan support and media didnt give much attention to it.
I feel sorry for you, Trump does love people like you who don't see him for what he is.

Not only is he for the rich but he goes against what Republicans want which is lowering the deficit. Trump's tax cuts to the rich raise the deficit by more than $1 trillion a year and all the money goes to the 1%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2019, 05:36 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,766,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frustratedintelligence View Post
I thought this was about the billionaires. If you're that poor then we're not talking about you.
In fact, the fewer taxes paid by billionaires, the more the lower income earners have to pay to make up for it, unless we cut services drastically which would affect everyone except the billionaires quality of life. It’s pretty crazy.

Old 10-25-2019, 08:01 AM

1,586 posts, read 1,129,737 times
The talking points are so ingrained into some of you, it's impossible to have a discussion. The constant confirming of preconceptions and jumping to conclusions is just unreal. The attempts to manufacture some consent isn't going to work. Just spouting whatever is in the headlines over and over again. You are the perfect voter...level up! congrats!

You want transparency? Forget it. You don't like it? Then we'll call your resistance hate speech and use words that end in 'ist and 'phobe. Meanwhile your politicians that all of your faith is put in are swapping places back and forth between the corporate boardroom and running for office. The same people. Lather rinse repeat. But don't you worry, they are going to soak the rich! Get even with them for you! We'll show them, yes sir!

The reality is none of this matters. Rage and rage you armchair hacks. The "rich" will eventually be YOU. It's inevitable. They won't stop at billionaires. They won't stop at millionaires. It won't be enough $$$. They will play to your heart strings and march children across a stage. The Fed beast will collect one dollar and spend three. Billionaires and millionaires won't satisfy the Fed beast.

And as a bonus the Fed beast elitists that do the round robin (while they keep you mad at one another through a willing media that desires clicks and views) has the guns, the force, writes the laws and regulations, and are the jury in public opinion.

But oh sure, you can trust them... Maybe once they start robbing from your 401k's and IRA's. Or tell you your house is "expensive" for your neighborhood. ... maybe then you will eventually understand that in the end you gave it to them as a willing participant.

Old 10-25-2019, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Loud View Post
The talking points are so ingrained into some of you, it's impossible to have a discussion. The constant confirming of preconceptions and jumping to conclusions is just unreal. The attempts to manufacture some consent isn't going to work. Just spouting whatever is in the headlines over and over again. You are the perfect voter...level up! congrats!

You want transparency? Forget it. You don't like it? Then we'll call your resistance hate speech and use words that end in 'ist and 'phobe. Meanwhile your politicians that all of your faith is put in are swapping places back and forth between the corporate boardroom and running for office. The same people. Lather rinse repeat. But don't you worry, they are going to soak the rich! Get even with them for you! We'll show them, yes sir!

The reality is none of this matters. Rage and rage you armchair hacks. The "rich" will eventually be YOU. It's inevitable. They won't stop at billionaires. They won't stop at millionaires. It won't be enough $$$. They will play to your heart strings and march children across a stage. The Fed beast will collect one dollar and spend three. Billionaires and millionaires won't satisfy the Fed beast.

And as a bonus the Fed beast elitists that do the round robin (while they keep you mad at one another through a willing media that desires clicks and views) has the guns, the force, writes the laws and regulations, and are the jury in public opinion.

But oh sure, you can trust them... Maybe once they start robbing from your 401k's and IRA's. Or tell you your house is "expensive" for your neighborhood. ... maybe then you will eventually understand that in the end you gave it to them as a willing participant.
Keep voting for the idiots that don't want a living wage for workers and don't want billionaires to pay taxes.

Old 10-25-2019, 09:34 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
Despised theft is what the billionaires who are not paying their taxes are doing.
Bs. Anyone who doesn’t pay taxes is gonna go to jail. Regardless how rich they are. What you mean to say is they are using “loopholes” to pay less taxes or owe no taxes. Contrary to popular belief the rich dint have a different tax system, they just know how to use the system that’s there.

You think poor people don’t suck off the teat of some government program? You can’t be that gullible

Old 10-25-2019, 09:40 AM

2,659 posts, read 1,376,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey2k View Post
It never amazes me how to the left, wanting to keep your own money is greedy but wanting to take someone else's money is somehow noble and just.

Well then we're agreed, those programs should be ended.
The suffering if we ended those programs would be horrific. Not that our far right wingers care.

Old 10-25-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Bs. Anyone who doesn’t pay taxes is gonna go to jail. Regardless how rich they are. What you mean to say is they are using “loopholes” to pay less taxes or owe no taxes. Contrary to popular belief the rich dint have a different tax system, they just know how to use the system that’s there.

You think poor people don’t suck off the teat of some government program? You can’t be that gullible
Keep voting against your own best interest and one day you may win $1 billion in the lottery, but you will have to pay half in taxes, not like the real rich do.

Old 10-25-2019, 09:48 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post

And why do you fight so hard and protect billionaires to keep getting richer while many are one paycheck away or one fire or tornado away from being homeless? or going bankrupt from a medical bill or not being able to pay for treatment and end up dead.
I don't necessarily agree with the premise of universal healthcare because there are valid arguments against it besides supporting the wealthy. I do agree with the idea that people tend to worship the rich, powerful and successful and loathe the not so successful. My main grip with healthcare isn't that it isn't universally available is that it is overpriced and has too much of a profit motive at the expense of patients well being. Invasive and risky treatments are pushed to maximize medical billing that are debilitating and unhelpful at best and fatal at worst instead of conservative, minimally invasive treatment that would have better outcomes but don't maximize medical billing.

I think this is because people basically only care about themselves. A gain they receive which the whole group gains is not seen as a gain at all. They have to be in a superior position than others. So they idolize the wealthiest and think they will gain favor with the rich or become one of them.

Old 10-25-2019, 09:50 AM

2,659 posts, read 1,376,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karpo1 View Post
There are >100m people using private insurance. Private insurance is on average expensive but care and coverage is good. Offering from Warren/Sanders for such people is to downgrade to Medicare kind of setup.

Sure majority of people can be happy with Medicare, but those having private insurance it is a downgrade.

I used to live in Scandinavia and while setup is ok for the most, US private insurance is much better while costing lot. No need to queue, tests are comprehensive without begging (my parents needed 3 visits before taken seriously to get needed test to detect skin cancer). Average wait time for dentist is >8months for checkup, couple of days for urgent need.

So reason is mainly that people having good insurance do not want to downgrade.
I have private insurance but am unable to use it is spite of serious health issues due to an astronomical deductibles. Probably several million people out of the hundred million you cite as having private insurance are in the same boat as I. People who earn nine or ten dollars an hour cannot afford three or four thousand, or even two thousand dollar deductibles. The premiums that the insurance companies collect from folks like us is largely free money for them. I problem that, I will remind my right wing friends, does not exist in any other first world nation. And those other nations have not suffered any sort of ruin as a consequence. Want to hear silence from a right winter....ask them to list the other first world nations that have a system like ours or are considering adopting a system like ours.They think we are crazy.

Old 10-25-2019, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I don't necessarily agree with the premise of universal healthcare because there are valid arguments against it besides supporting the wealthy. I do agree with the idea that people tend to worship the rich, powerful and successful and loathe the not so successful. My main grip with healthcare isn't that it isn't universally available is that it is overpriced and has too much of a profit motive at the expense of patients well being. Invasive and risky treatments are pushed to maximize medical billing that are debilitating and unhelpful at best and fatal at worst instead of conservative, minimally invasive treatment that would have better outcomes but don't maximize medical billing.

I think this is because people basically only care about themselves. A gain they receive which the whole group gains is not seen as a gain at all. They have to be in a superior position than others. So they idolize the wealthiest and think they will gain favor with the rich or become one of them.
Sounds like you drank the coolaid and are talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Every other nation that has Universal Healthcare love it and would never give it up. Americans tend to be cheap and selfish and only care about themselves rather than the public good of the nation. We already pay the most for healthcare and the least amount ohttps://www.quora.com/What-would-be-the-benefits-and-drawbacks-if-the-United-States-gave-everyone-free-healthcaref people are covered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates