Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2009, 12:22 PM

45,442 posts, read 60,638,057 times

Advertisements

I've hunted with LEOs and I swear they're the worst shots of anyone. My main hunting buddy, until he moved, was a retired DC cop and I'd get on his case, he was so bad. Not saying that I'm as good a shot as I once was, but my life didn't depend on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 01:36 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,676,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Yes you do. Your just to weak willed to state what you mean & too inbred to see how transparent you are.
Seems to me a gun nut would be the inbred one. I'd like to see people make smart choices, but it makes no difference to me if they don't. As long as they stay the f*** away from me.

Old 07-23-2009, 01:39 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,276,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Seems to me a gun nut would be the inbred one. I'd like to see people make smart choices, but it makes no difference to me if they don't. As long as they stay the f*** away from me.
Let's be clear here: The fact that someone owns a firearm does not make them a "gun nut". Then, there is the FACT that someone carrying a firearm may VERY WELL be walking next to you somewhere - the grocery store - the mall - on the sidewalk - and you won't even know it.

Then there is this FACT that WOMAN are buying handguns at a faster pace than men are. And, more woman than men are applying for, and obtaining their concealed weapons permit. So, be careful TK.

Old 07-23-2009, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
As rude as it may be, not walk up to the car to answer them. An older man or woman? I would let my guard down some. A guy in a metallic lime green Caprice Classic rollin' on 24's? No way.

-Robert
Um, there's no need to walk up to the car, they can still ask for directions without you doing so. I suppose, then, that you'd just keep walking?

Old 07-23-2009, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Let me refresh your memory, which has obviously slipped a little:

You specifically stated that NVplumber's son, who is a competition shooter, would stand "no chance in hell" if confronted by "multiple shooters with just as much training as he has. If you find that happening anywhere in real life, you'll earn yourself $25.

You won't, because you can't. It doesn't happen. More reliance on fantasy scenarios from the gun grabbers...

I have to say - you're reminding me more and more of TrickyD with each post...
WIth multiple armed attackers, against someone who hasn't yet drawn their weapon, it doesn't really matter how proficient they are at 5 yards.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:39 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,276,353 times
Quote:
WIth multiple armed attackers, against someone who hasn't yet drawn their weapon, it doesn't really matter how proficient they are at 5 yards.
In an incident in Arizona last year, there was a home invasion by 3 armed intruders.

And while the homeowner was wounded, the homeowner shot all three - 2 died - one is now in prision.

Old 07-23-2009, 02:42 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,419,943 times
Quote:

How do you respect free will & demand that innocent law abiding people "stay the F away from you" You wouldn't have a clue if I was standing beside you with a gun. Perfectly legal in Fla too with a non-resident permit. The smart choice is to mind your affairs & let others do as they see fit. IMHO, given that there is & always will be evil & unstable (ahem-hint, hint) individuals, some who fancy themselves big strong aggressive types, the smart thing is to swing the odds in your favor. But I'm not adverse to others depending on the goodness of mankind to ensure their saftey.

I'm beginning to think something in your past prevents you from owning guns & you resent the fact that you are a second class citizen. Because of that you lash out in a totally irrational fashion at gun owners & the concept of weapons & self defense.

Old 07-23-2009, 04:10 PM

I would actually prefer everyone to "stay the F*** away from me" but that's another topic entirely.

Yes, the thing in my past that makes me the MOST adverse to guns is being married to a schizophrenic. Who was violent. And could have shot me if I had guns in my home.

Also, the fact that I've "grown up" and don't see the need for a mature person to own a gun. I don't drink either. Are you going to say that's something that adults should do to be adult?

Old 07-23-2009, 04:34 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,915,062 times
Quote:
Um, there's no need to walk up to the car, they can still ask for directions without you doing so. I suppose, then, that you'd just keep walking?
I would do whatever the situation required to keep me in a relatively safe place. Would it be rude if I kept walking? Absolutely. On the other hand a moving target is much more difficult to hit. Are all of these tactics 100% foolproof and guaranteed to keep me out of harm's way. No and I know that. But they will keep me from stepping in unprepared.

-Robert

Old 07-23-2009, 04:40 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times
Quote:
5 yards. Where did you pull that number from? From your tone, I could infer that you are being insulting, which would be fine if the subject of the post you are responding to was not my son. Just to clue you in, nobody competes at such a ridiculously close distance. Minimum distance to any target is 16 yards, and goes out to 50 yards. You are getting a tad testy pard. maybe you should take a break.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates