Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2009, 04:36 PM

45,355 posts, read 60,546,019 times

Advertisements

Examples of common guns bought/sold at gun shows or given as gifts:

http://www.remington.com/images/products/firearms/shotgun/105_cti_ii_410.jpg (broken link)

http://www.remington.com/images/products/firearms/shotgun/1187_sportsman_sm_410.jpg (broken link)

The first three are Brownings, the last two are Remingtons. All are semi-automatic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 04:40 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,809,259 times
You think people should be allowed to walk around with unregistered guns that they could potentially kill someone with and by not being registered leave us no hope for tracing and justice for the family? That's scary and very sad.

Old 07-30-2009, 04:42 PM

And no, I know someone with a handgun that was given to her as a gift, it is still registered in his name.

Old 07-30-2009, 04:43 PM

And he is DEAD!

Old 07-30-2009, 04:56 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb64282 View Post
You think people should be allowed to walk around with unregistered guns that they could potentially kill someone with and by not being registered leave us no hope for tracing and justice for the family? That's scary and very sad.
What ARE you talking about?. None of my guns are 'registered', and I have commited no crimes with them and, do you honestly think that if I did 'register' my firearms, that it would stop criminal misuse of firearms , in any way? Bad guys don't use LEGAL weapons or obtain them by LEGAL means. Registration is a knee jerk reaction to a non existent problem. Legal gun owners aren't the ones who need to be targeted. The thought is ludicrous. Owning a firearm does not automatically make someone a criminal or potential criminal, and far to many people think that the opposite is true. Hoplophobia.

Old 07-30-2009, 04:56 PM

45,355 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:

Of those that I posted, yes. None of them are easily concealable. I have several of the type shown. They potentially could kill some one. My cars have that ability, too. None of my shotguns have ever chased anyone. And how does registration help if the weapon is not left at the crime scene?

Old 07-30-2009, 04:58 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times
Wasn't DCs thrown out by the Supreme Court? That should make the other two Moot

Old 07-30-2009, 05:20 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times
Quote:
Gun registration doesn't solve or prevent crime. Go ask Canada, their gun registry hasn't solved any crimes.

We seem to be doing fine in Vermont with almost no gun control. Over 16, you can carry without parental consent (under needs permission), no guns are banned here, no registration, no license needed to own or carry, very few places off limits. And, one of the safest places in America.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:31 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,910,840 times
Quote:
Can you please explain how a registered firearm can be traced in the situation you describe? And there is a guy that jogs in my neighborhood who carries an unregistered club that could potentially kill someone. No registration required for any of my hand guns, rifles, shotguns or EBR's (Evil Black Rifles). We are treated like law abiding adults down here.

As for gun shows, if you buy from a federally licensed dealer, then you must go through the background check. That's how I picked up my last pistol. Now all I have to do is show my concealed carry permit so no background check required. If you buy from someone walking through the show or out in the parking lot, then all you need to do is check their driver's license to make sure they are a legal resident of Mississippi. Other state's laws vary.

-Robert

Old 07-30-2009, 05:44 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,413,020 times
Quote:
I would hate to generalize that though, some gun shows probably don't do that...I don't go to gun shows I don't know...but it is a major concern for some people

People worry about alot of things. Most gun shows you can buy a long gun from another person without the red tape but you can buy & sell guns to individuals anyway. The fact that the original buyers name is available keeps most guys from selling to strangers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates