Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2009, 08:28 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,676,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Wrong again. A dealer generally has a few dealer plates to DRIVE unregistered vehicles on the street. Not for each car in inventory.
Exactly, if they're going to be driven, they have to have a plate on them. If you go to buy a car, they usually add a fee for you to have a temporary tag, which you are supposed to replace. The owner of a car lot may or may not own those cars--but for commercial purposes (they are inventory, not assets), he would not need to have them tagged because he isn't driving them personally, but selling them to consumers who need to have a plate. Within 30 days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 08:30 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Part of the process would be firing a round from the gun and recording the ballistics data on it.
While ballitics datta can be useful, it is also easy to beat. Unless you wish to impose serious restrictions on repair parts. This 'registration' nonsense would end up going way deeper than you might think. Once the door is opened up, the wind will howl through the house, so to speak. Point being, all it would acomplish is the crimilization of otherwise law abiding people. Mostly on a retroactive basis as well. There's that niggling Constitution again..

Old 08-01-2009, 08:35 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,676,881 times
And the Constitution is as useless as laws and government are.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:03 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times
Quote:
If that is, in fact, the case, then why would you want to make more useless laws? If the Constitution is also as useless, then should we just shred it? This is very contradictory and leaves me quite confused as to what it is you are advocating.. On one hand , you say we need 'registration' and tight control over firearms ownership, and on the other say that laws are useless. While I agree, to a point, with the latter part of this, I fail to understand why someone would acknowledge this fact, and at the same time wish to see more 'useless law' put in place. Hmmm, perhaps your statement that the Constitution is useless revolves around the fact that it stands in the way of the useless laws you say we need?

Old 08-01-2009, 10:24 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,419,943 times
Quote:
Exactly, if they're going to be driven, they have to have a plate on them. If you go to buy a car, they usually add a fee for you to have a temporary tag, which you are supposed to replace. The owner of a car lot may or may not own those cars--but for commercial purposes (they are inventory, not assets), he would not need to have them tagged because he isn't driving them personally, but selling them to consumers who need to have a plate. Within 30 days.

You dont get it. It only needs a plate on public roads. If you have a flatbed you could buy it & drive around till the cows come home with the car on the truck. I'v bought many cars & never registered them. Bought them, borrowed a daler plate to get them home & later sold them.

When they build public ranges I'll register the guns I shoot on them. Other than that what I carry is none of anybodies business.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:27 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,419,943 times
Quote:

I wasn't the one calling for registration in the first place. When guns don't exist, no registration is necessary.
What level of reality do you exist on? Guns exist TK, thats not debateable. They will always exist, you cannot uninvent something.

Quote:
And the only pointless thing I've seen here...is YOU and your "friends".
My point is clear & concise. Gun ownership in the USA is an unassailable right. On planet Kramer it might be different.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:06 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,125,811 times
Quote:
Dealer plates.
Those are only placed on the car if it's taken off the lot and driven on public roads. Also, a dealer plate can legally be used on any unregistered car the dealer owns - it's useless for identifying an individual vehicle.

How many times do you have to be told? Registration of a motor vehicle is not required for ownership of said vehicle. I even cited the legal statute in your own state that proves this. Give it up.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:08 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,125,811 times
Quote:
Part of the process would be firing a round from the gun and recording the ballistics data on it.
A new barrel or a round file negates the usefulness of this data.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:37 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,276,353 times
Quote:
You are kidding I would hope -

Old 08-01-2009, 12:10 PM

2,631 posts, read 5,458,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
You are kidding I would hope -
he's not. in his world, laws and government are stupid, so he wants the government to enact more laws and become more powerful, in order to somehow fix this.

maybe he thinks that once government reaches critical mass it goes nova and then collapses in on itself.

course, the easier way to control the size of government would be to just limit it from the beginning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates