Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2009, 04:12 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Oh Gawwwwwd! You are too freakin' much! Whatever trips yer trigger pard, but I see a dismal future for your social life. Dinner dates must be out of the question. That earlier post, about your girlfriends being mean, nasty and not to be trifled with? I must say, I have to believe you now.Arrrrg, this is TOO flippin' hilarious! The mental images I can conjure over this cannot be put into words.
I'm not a "social" person. I don't like being around other people. I like keeping to myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 05:48 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,411,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I'm not helpless--because I don't rely on weapons to defend myself. And the women I've known are perfectly capable of defending themselves without weapons also. They'd probably beat YOU up. Even if you are 6'4" and 200-something pounds. They're not "victims" and they don't rely on others for their defense.
Let me explain, one gang member holds you at bay with whatever, a bat, a knife, a gun. You get to watch as they do whatever they want with her.
You are very helpless. Even if too egocentric to admit it.

I'm not the one pushing myself off as some ninjitsu infallible he man here.
I know I can defend myself against ANYONE given a reasonable chance with a firearm, wether they can fight better than me or not. My family's saftey does not hinge on my ego. Women very capable of defending themselves still get raped & guys that are superninjitsu's still get beat up & robbed. I can defend myself quite effectively in most situations with my hands. But only a fool would think that security ends there. If you are willing to risk the saftey of those you love because its offensive to admit the reality that you cannot defend them effectively with your hands thats your problem not mine. If your fantasy had any roots in reality then police & security would have forgone weapons long ago.

My main interest in guns is as a collector. I hunt & use them for protection too but if thats all I cared about I think 2 would suffice.
But at any rate as I sit here & type I can in under 2 seconds have a loaded gun in my hand to ward off any intruder into my home. I practice & I carry often, just as I train my body in other ways I train it to shoot fast & effectively. I'm not perfect and I'm certainly not unbeatable. But nobody in my home or near me will ever be victimized simply because the agressor is bigger, stronger or meaner.
In the case of a violent attack I have no desire to be fair, I want to win and winning means stopping the attack. What matters is who lives & who dies. Maybe you dont mind dieing to prove your manhood, but then your wife/kids/whoever was depending on you loses because of your ego.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
It's a shame how you can't or won't read news accounts of the same happening. Then again, it's probably not really considered news when it happens to the "average" person--only when it's someone like Phil Hartman or Kitty Menendez.

By the way, if that day comes? You'll be dead, and won't be able to do anything about it.

What are you talking about? Its always newsworthy when someone, anyone gets shot. Its usually sensationalized as much as possible & blown all out of proportion. For a country with some 80,000,000 legal gun owners the dismal few things your talking about are meaningless.
As unlikely as it is I'm much more likely to need a gun for defense than I am to be killed by one in my home.

Why would I be dead?

Old 11-02-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
God...cops don't need guns either! In fact, we don't need cops!

Because of people like you we certainly do. They are all thats keeping you civilized, judging by your posts anyway.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:00 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times
Reading TK's posts is an educating and productive insight into a troubled and ego-centric mind. He doesn't need people? Then why does he populate threads like this one with paragrahs he knows will get us all worked up and coming back for more? Because he likes to see his name in print, and he like to foment controversy. Oh, and he's quite antisocial as far as normal social intercourse goes, at which he sucks. Women avoid him, unless they're barflies.

He doesn't really live like a Neanderthal out in the everglades. He's just hanging out in that reconditioned construction site office trailer, across from the local Tavern where the Swamp Bubba gang hang out, and he sits quietly in the corner, getting plastered on the cheapest beer in the house and mumbling about how mal-adjusted THEY all are.

He secretly hopes to get in a bar fight, but then he'd lose, and badly. After all, he only has a toothpick and a stuffed toy bear to defend himself with.

Watch out; this type is dangerous, but then, my Compact Para LDA is usually by my side to ward off "The Evil Spirits".

Old 11-02-2009, 06:37 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Being a tradesman, tools, of all kinds, are prerequisite. LMAO, anyone who says they flat use NO tools, of any kind, is either delusional, or just a liar. Unless this someone is Tarzan of the Apes (oops, he used tools...silly me) well, I guess ALL humans use tools, whether real or fictional. getting through any average day without using a tool of some kind is flat impossible, unless one just curls up on the ground, buck naked, and sleeps the day away. Pretty uncomfortable way to prove a point methinks.
Yep and my dad always said you need the right tools for the job for it to be done correctly. Smart man.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:42 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Reading TK's posts is an educating and productive insight into a troubled and ego-centric mind. He doesn't need people? Then why does he populate threads like this one with paragrahs he knows will get us all worked up and coming back for more? Because he likes to see his name in print, and he like to foment controversy. Oh, and he's quite antisocial as far as normal social intercourse goes, at which he sucks. Women avoid him, unless they're barflies.

He doesn't really live like a Neanderthal out in the everglades. He's just hanging out in that reconditioned construction site office trailer, across from the local Tavern where the Swamp Bubba gang hang out, and he sits quietly in the corner, getting plastered on the cheapest beer in the house and mumbling about how mal-adjusted THEY all are.

He secretly hopes to get in a bar fight, but then he'd lose, and badly. After all, he only has a toothpick and a stuffed toy bear to defend himself with.

Watch out; this type is dangerous, but then, my Compact Para LDA is usually by my side to ward off "The Evil Spirits".
LMAO, this level of eloquence escaped me in my own mental images my friend., though you put it quite well. This level of narcissism is quite beyond my ken and, though highly amusing, in a twisted way, has run it's course of being interesting anymore. I do like the image of being curled up with a worn and well chewed stuffed bear, slobbering in a corner waiting for Home Health to check in with the daily meds perhaps

Old 11-02-2009, 06:50 PM

795 posts, read 2,298,055 times
Talking one bang handgun for hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by lentzr View Post
(H)unters do not hunt with handguns.

some yahoos can shut up empty beer bottles?

Yes sir! must keep them empty beer bottles quite. As some of us know - them empty vessels do make the most noise......
#
Big Game Handgun Hunting - Beginner's Guide
Oct 12, 2004 ... If you desire to hunt with a handgun, without doubt, you need to do your homework. Many hunters who carry a rifle are not comfortable ...
Big Game Handgun Hunting - Beginner's Guide - Cached - Similar
#
Handgun Hunting
Chuck Hawks shares his knowledge about handgun hunting.
Handgun Hunting - Cached - Similar
#
Handgun Hunter Magazine - Your Handgun Hunting Headquarters
Field Shooting Positions That Work Hunters who are new to handgun hunting often struggle with holding the gun steady. Part of the issue, for those used to ...
Handgun Hunter Magazine - Your Handgun Hunting Headquarters - Cached - Similar
#
Handgun Hunting Cartridges
An article from Shooting Times magazine on different cartridges that can be used for handgun hunting.
Handgun Hunting Cartridges - Cached - Similar
#
Hunting with Handguns
A look at the challenges of hunting with handguns and proper bullet selection.
Hunting with Handguns - Cached - Similar
#
Best handgun for hunting big game?
My dad is looking for a handgun to use hunting, i told him a ruger super redhawk would be a perfect gun for the job. Any opinions on what would be.
forum.pafoa.org/pistols.../4271-best-handgun-hunting-big-game.html - Similar
#
Handgun hunting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Aug 4, 2009 ... Handgun hunting is primarily done with specialized handguns that have long barrels and are often set up with scopes (optical aiming devices) ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handgun_hunting - Cached - Similar
#
Why not handgun hunting in Canada? « Totalrecoil
Oct 13, 2009 ... The reason given when queried was that some (anonymous) gun club had threatened to start hunting with handguns so the Ministry was compelled ...
totalrecoil.wordpress.com/.../why-not-handgun-hunting-in-canada/ - Cached - Similar
#
Handgun Hunting - Hunting Handguns
Hunting Handguns what to look for. ... Hundgun Hunting Autoloading/Automatic Handguns · Handgun Hunting Revolvers · Single Shot Hunting Handguns/Pistols ...
Handgun Hunting - Hunting Handguns - Cached - Similar
#
Handgun Hunting BF Pistol - The Falling Block Alternative to ...
A hunting handgun that's more accurate than TC Encore and Contender... Match proven long range falling block design.
Handgun Hunting BF Pistol - The Falling Block Alternative to Thompson Center Encore & Contender - Cached - Similar

Kitty kitty, just your handgun please---

Last edited by ArkansasTraveler; 11-02-2009 at 06:59 PM..

Old 11-02-2009, 07:05 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasTraveler View Post
Yes sir! must keep them empty beer bottles quite. As some of us know - them empty vessels do make the most noise......
#
Big Game Handgun Hunting - Beginner's Guide
Oct 12, 2004 ... If you desire to hunt with a handgun, without doubt, you need to do your homework. Many hunters who carry a rifle are not comfortable ...
Big Game Handgun Hunting - Beginner's Guide - Cached - Similar
#
Handgun Hunting
Chuck Hawks shares his knowledge about handgun hunting.
Handgun Hunting - Cached - Similar
#
Handgun Hunter Magazine - Your Handgun Hunting Headquarters
Field Shooting Positions That Work Hunters who are new to handgun hunting often struggle with holding the gun steady. Part of the issue, for those used to ...
Handgun Hunter Magazine - Your Handgun Hunting Headquarters - Cached - Similar
#
Handgun Hunting Cartridges
An article from Shooting Times magazine on different cartridges that can be used for handgun hunting.
Handgun Hunting Cartridges - Cached - Similar
#
Hunting with Handguns
A look at the challenges of hunting with handguns and proper bullet selection.
Hunting with Handguns - Cached - Similar
#
Best handgun for hunting big game?
My dad is looking for a handgun to use hunting, i told him a ruger super redhawk would be a perfect gun for the job. Any opinions on what would be.
forum.pafoa.org/pistols.../4271-best-handgun-hunting-big-game.html - Similar
#
Handgun hunting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Aug 4, 2009 ... Handgun hunting is primarily done with specialized handguns that have long barrels and are often set up with scopes (optical aiming devices) ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handgun_hunting - Cached - Similar
#
Why not handgun hunting in Canada? « Totalrecoil
Oct 13, 2009 ... The reason given when queried was that some (anonymous) gun club had threatened to start hunting with handguns so the Ministry was compelled ...
totalrecoil.wordpress.com/.../why-not-handgun-hunting-in-canada/ - Cached - Similar
#
Handgun Hunting - Hunting Handguns
Hunting Handguns what to look for. ... Hundgun Hunting Autoloading/Automatic Handguns · Handgun Hunting Revolvers · Single Shot Hunting Handguns/Pistols ...
Handgun Hunting - Hunting Handguns - Cached - Similar
#
Handgun Hunting BF Pistol - The Falling Block Alternative to ...
A hunting handgun that's more accurate than TC Encore and Contender... Match proven long range falling block design.
Handgun Hunting BF Pistol - The Falling Block Alternative to Thompson Center Encore & Contender - Cached - Similar

Kitty kitty, just your handgun please---

I like the TC Contenders. Keep threateing to get one, I just can't decide on what caliber. I had the dubious 'pleasure' of shooting one in 45/70 once. I cannot see recoil, anywhere on the loading spectrum, being unobjectionable in this caliber. A .223 would be good for yotes and such. I'm actually leaning toward a .454 Casull though. In a Super 14. As a side note, I have armed my barn cats with miniature M1A's. Scaled down into 17 HMR. Had a hard time with all the federal paperwork though. Seems they would not accept a paw print on the 4473

Last edited by NVplumber; 11-02-2009 at 07:15 PM..

Old 11-02-2009, 10:50 PM

1,113 posts, read 2,519,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
Yep, I carry a rifle in the glove compartment in my car. No sweat. Don't need a hand gun. I'll just carry my rifle around with me where ever I go. No sweat. I'll just stick my rifle down my pants if I don't want to cause any alarm by the presence of a fireaem. I won't be able to wear shorts, however. No sweat. No need for a hand gun. I'll just strap my rifle to me somehow if I need both hands to do something. No big deal.

I wonder why the police don't know that its just as easy to carry a rifle???

- Reel
Ha ha....so true. A rifle would defeat the purpose of conceal carry. Hard to conceal a rifle unless we all wore trench coats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates