Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2009, 04:35 AM

1,777 posts, read 4,862,314 times

Advertisements

How do you cut your steak? Or butter your bread? I'd imagine you used a knife for that. But you're probably FAR too irrational for that, you would rather use your finger than have a big, bad, scary butternife in a drawer, your loaf of bread may attack you over a game of cribbage or poker, then what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 01:34 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMallory View Post
How do you cut your steak? Or butter your bread? I'd imagine you used a knife for that. But you're probably FAR too irrational for that, you would rather use your finger than have a big, bad, scary butternife in a drawer, your loaf of bread may attack you over a game of cribbage or poker, then what?
I find it hard to fathom not having even the most simplistic tools at my disposal. I do not carry a gun everywhere I go, but I ALWAYS have a knife. I usually have a rifle or pistol in the truck, and don't go to the city very often without my carry gun, but a knife is as much a part of my daily routine as my pants.
Being a tradesman, tools, of all kinds, are prerequisate. LMAO, anyone who says they flat use NO tools, of any kind, is either delusional, or just a liar. Unless this someone is Tarzan of the Apes (oops, he used tools...silly me) well, I guess ALL humans use tools, whether real or fictional. getting through any average day without using a tool of some kind is flat impossible, unless one just curls up on the ground, buck naked, and sleeps the day away. Pretty uncomfortable way to prove a point methinks.

Old 11-02-2009, 01:36 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
dear OP
your child will suffer from watching your dad beaten and your mom gang raped.
this is meaningless statement unless you have had the experience or a similar one.
dear internet tough guys-- please spare me the rhetoric about giving the home invaders a karate chop.

Old 11-02-2009, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
dear OP
your child will suffer from watching your dad beaten and your mom gang raped.
this is meaningless statement unless you have had the experience or a similar one.
dear internet tough guys-- please spare me the rhetoric about giving the home invaders a karate chop.
Huh? Huck, whatever do you mean? I get the Karate chop part, but the preceding leaves me perplexed.

Old 11-02-2009, 01:51 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Huh? Huck, whatever do you mean? I get the Karate chop part, but the preceding leaves me perplexed.
its not perplexing you need weapons to resist home invasions. many like the OP do not see the purpose of weapons.
support NRA. the op thinks handguns in the house is child endangerment.

Old 11-02-2009, 01:52 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,676,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMallory View Post
I don't like butter on my bread. I don't eat steak, but when I eat other meat I BITE the pieces off the slab. Why dirty any more dishes than necessary? I'm one of those guys that will eat right over the sink too.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:40 PM

2,422 posts, read 2,281,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I don't like butter on my bread. I don't eat steak, but when I eat other meat I BITE the pieces off the slab. Why dirty any more dishes than necessary? I'm one of those guys that will eat right over the sink too.
How do you prepose we get all of the criminals to hand in their guns? It's too late for that,there are too many out there and the bad guys don't care if it's illegal or not.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
its not perplexing you need weapons to resist home invasions. many like the OP do not see the purpose of weapons.
support NRA. the op thinks handguns in the house is child endangerment.
Oooook, I see it now. Thanks.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Oh Gawwwwwd! You are too freakin' much! Whatever trips yer trigger pard, but I see a dismal future for your social life. Dinner dates must be out of the question. That earlier post, about your girlfriends being mean, nasty and not to be trifled with? I must say, I have to believe you now.Arrrrg, this is TOO flippin' hilarious! The mental images I can conjure over this cannot be put into words.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:53 PM

59 posts, read 306,923 times
Liberals are stupid.

^-- sums up this thread. Conservatives respect and follow the Constitution and cherish our rights. We also understand what a Democracy is, and why WE ARE NOT ONE. Mob rule is tyranny in itself. A Constitutional Republic (The USA) has some guidelines that MUST be followed no matter who likes it and who doesn't. One of those things is the right to keep and bear arms. Reading the Federalist and Anti-Federalist papers you will realize quickly this is a right given to the people for self defense, and to protect themselves from tyranny. So even if 80% of the country wants all guns banned, you will have to get around that pesky little annoyance you not so cleverly tried to brush off to another thread. Is that because you know its the death blow to your ridiculous argument?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates