Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 03:47 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
Yes, actually, it does mean to eat more, about 100 calories/day (a glass of milk) during the first trimester, and perhaps as much as 300 calories/day during the second and third trimester for a woman who began pregnancy at a healthy weight.
Thank you. A lot of women do eat more during pregnancy because its hard to know exactly how much to eat. And many go overboard. I have known many women who were curvaceous and very sought after, until the pregnancy turned them into overweight women that wouldn't get much attention from guys. Its just one of those things where maybe the food companies make it really hard for them not to get fat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 03:50 PM

742 posts, read 1,228,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Thank you. A lot of women do eat more during pregnancy because its hard to know exactly how much to eat. And many go overboard. I have known many women who were curvaceous and very sought after, until the pregnancy turned them into overweight women that wouldn't get much attention from guys. Its just one of those things where maybe the food companies make it really hard for them not to get fat.
don;t blame the food companies for the ignorance of some fat chicks

Old 09-10-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcinsov View Post
wellto be fair products like sobe also cash in on hype and prestige.
Maybe so. But they have real ingredients and the customers need more products like that.

Old 09-10-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Maybe so. But they have real ingredients and the customers need more products like that.
i am of the mindset you can eat healthy and have treats anyway.
i cut down how many sodas i drink, but i can still pop a mountain dew once in a while.

Old 09-10-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
don;t blame the food companies for the ignorance of some fat chicks
You really should start your own thread on why you don't like women. Its getting ridiculous.

Old 09-10-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
i am of the mindset you can eat healthy and have treats anyway.
i cut down how many sodas i drink, but i can still pop a mountain dew once in a while.
Yes, cutting down on sodas is healthy because they have all that high fructose corn syrup. I occasionally enjoy a diet coke , myself.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:01 PM

don't buy the hype, equal caloric amounts of sugar and corn syrup are just as "bad"

mind you i don't believe sugar or calories unto themselves are bad.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
don't buy the hype, equal caloric amounts of sugar and corn syrup are just as "bad"

mind you i don't believe sugar or calories unto themselves are bad.

Oh, gosh, its not about caloric intake that you should worry about corn syrup. I'm with you on the "calories unto themselves are not bad" comment. I also beleive calories aren't the problem. What I mean when I say high fructose corn syrup is bad, is that the process that turns corn into high fructose corn syrup is bad. It creates unnatural chemicals that mess with the body's ability to stop hunger when you are full.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:12 PM

listen people that are inclined to overeat will overeat no matter if its natural or not. the best solution is self control

Old 09-10-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
listen people that are inclined to overeat will overeat no matter if its natural or not. the best solution is self control
I disagree. First , because an overweight person already has little control left since their hunger is always present. In order to not feel hungry all the time, they would have to lose weight. In order to lose weight, they need to stop eating less. This is a very big obstacle to someone who is hungry all the time.

If overweight people were given the right foods to eat, it wouldn't matter if they overate to satisfy their hunger, they would still lose weight. Yes, thats correct, they would STILL lose weight. But as long as they are eating the wrong foods, they will always remain fat. Because they are taking huge amounts of foods that have been chemically processed that make people fat, so they not only remain fat, but they gain more weight.

The first step would be giving them only healthy food options, then once they have lost some weight, they will have more energy. So with the added energy they get to walk more and even go to the gym for 15 minutes or so. Once they lose more weight, they will eat less. Until they are finally eating normally. The right foods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates