Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2010, 03:57 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,987,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Places like CA, NYC, DC etc, all see defending oneself with lethal force as a crime. I fail to understand the rationale. We have an old saying here, "There are them that need killin' and them that deserve killin', and them that need AND deserve killin'." This philosophy is aimed at those who think that taking from those who have worked and earned their way is an acceptable practice, those who feel that taking what they wish when they wish, by making people afraid is a good way of life. Stopping them by returning their own violence, ten fold, upon them, keeps their tendencies limited to thought instead of action.
^^^ What he said.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2010, 04:00 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,987,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
Or they arm themselves better...

I don't mind self defense, shooting someone for stealing your couch isn't self defense, it's crude retaliation.

And who's to say what's justified killing and what's not? If shooting someone simply for being in your house, stealing your things, why can't I shoot other people I feel threatened by?
Please present examples of things you would feel threatened by.

Home invasion and theft is not a simple matter of 'being in your house'.

Old 04-03-2010, 05:15 PM

1,128 posts, read 1,648,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I agree with you: if I caught someone breaking into my home, it's open season. However, if the police have already brought the guy down and are in the process of handcuffing him, I don't think I'd kick him in the face (I'd have done that long before the police arrived!)
I agree Fred! You don't assault someone in front of the police...that was kinda dumb.
But I could understand the guy being pissed off, I would be too.

Old 04-03-2010, 05:37 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,187,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixscorpiogirl View Post
I agree Fred! You don't assault someone in front of the police...that was kinda dumb.
But I could understand the guy being pissed off, I would be too.
Are you for letting people who are pissed off go around doing whatever they want, and use that as an excuse? Just make sure they don't do it in front of the police?

Old 04-03-2010, 05:39 PM

428 posts, read 1,186,733 times
The guy was an idiot. Assaulting somone in the presence of police is just stupid. I'm sorry but what he did was wrong.

Old 04-03-2010, 05:42 PM

428 posts, read 1,186,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I thnik that the guy will proably have a feeling of satisfaction in the end;and should ask for a jury trial for sure. A gun and a fast car could have aviod the fight althogether.Cool anger is always better and more more effective on these thugs.Any father who managed his anger in that situation is a whimp ;pure and simple.
Wow, if someone doesn't handle a situation the exact way you would, they're a wimp? Pretty judgy. You're right, nobody should ever manage their anger...it's wimpy just unleash it whenever you feel it. Yup that's the kind of world I want to live in.

Old 04-03-2010, 07:31 PM

1,128 posts, read 1,648,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Are you for letting people who are pissed off go around doing whatever they want, and use that as an excuse? Just make sure they don't do it in front of the police?
Not really but I could understand his anger. If someone steals your parking space you shouldn't kick their a** but if some guy came into your home and wanted to rob you....maybe even rape someone I think you have a right to f*** him up.

Old 04-03-2010, 09:52 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,376,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nichirenx View Post
Please present examples of things you would feel threatened by.

Home invasion and theft is not a simple matter of 'being in your house'.
Well, I find you more threatening than a druggie, for starters.

...I don't know, groups of drunk white college kids coming from upper middle class suburbia homes.

Old 04-03-2010, 10:35 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,187,260 times
What would have been "going too far"? (Multiple choice)
( ) Kicking him several times
( ) Bashing him with a baseball bat
( ) Shooting him
( ) Cutting his arms and legs off while still alive
( ) Cutting his head off
( ) Cooking his head in a pot on the stove
( ) Feeding his body parts to the dog
( ) Shooting the cops if they tried to interfere
( ) Going and finding his kids and killing them,too

Old 04-04-2010, 07:11 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,286,999 times
Maybe if some of these idiots got there arse kicked or shot, they might think twice the next time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates