Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2010, 12:44 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,681,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Aside from being a biased sample....(on a majority black forum...the reverse would be true)....a majority opinion has no correlation to the correct opinion...eg....at one point in time the majority of humans believed the earth was flat.
Ahhh, nice. More immature obfuscation.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:50 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Ahhh, nice. More immature obfuscation.
You just are not very good a logical thinking.....a good speller....yes....logical thinker....no....lol.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
You just are not very good a logical thinking.....a good speller....yes....logical thinker....no....lol.
Blacks cannot succeed because Ole Whitey is keeping us down.

Yeah, that's logical thinking alright. I'm happy to fail at YOUR kind of "logical thinking"...

Old 05-20-2010, 01:03 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Blacks cannot succeed because Ole Whitey is keeping us down.

Yeah, that's logical thinking alright. I'm happy to fail at YOUR kind of "logical thinking"...
I have never argued absolutes...only the relative. Hence, my premise is that the reason that blacks have LESS success (and more problems) relative to whites, is due to the history of ole whitey and the CAUSE and EFFECT ramifications there of.

Old 05-20-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
I have never argued absolutes...only the relative. Hence, my premise is that the reason that blacks have LESS success relative to whites, is due to the history of ole whitey and the CAUSE and EFFECT ramifications there of.
More lies.

Your lying is clearly habitual, and likely pathological.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:33 PM

1,777 posts, read 4,860,499 times
Quote:
More lies.

Your lying is clearly habitual, and likely pathological.
Telling the truth gives you less to keep track of in a feeble mind.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:22 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,417,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
How would you have me address black people? No offense intended.
By their names. "Black people" aren't a monolithic unit, they are comprised of individuals. Saying "those black people do _______" is implying that "those black people" are all the same, and that's not the case.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:23 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,198,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indentured servant View Post
they see me trollin'
they hatin'
patrollin' and tryin' to catch me postin' dirty
tryin' to catch me postin' dirty
tryin' to catch me postin' dirrrrrrrrty......
:d

Old 05-20-2010, 08:28 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,033,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwriter View Post
By their names. "Black people" aren't a monolithic unit, they are comprised of individuals. Saying "those black people do _______" is implying that "those black people" are all the same, and that's not the case.
First off, let me say that I agree that black folks are not a monolithic unit. I think that phrases such as "those [racial demographic] are always..." is in essence a racist statement.

But anyhow, there was this black guy at another website who would staunchly insist that blacks are not monolithic and shouldn't be thought of in that light. But then he would also insist that Juan Williams, a black columnist, was a black sell-out. I could never quite figure how he could justify making both statements in the same breath.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:50 PM

446 posts, read 831,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilExquiste View Post
You are right. It's disgusting and truly sickening when whites say that blacks should just get over or forget slavery and other parts of Americas racist history.
You are living in 2010, not in the days of Lincoln.

There are a lot of things in my lifetime that have bothered me, but if I held onto all of them and never moved on and made a life for myself where would I be? Living a bitter, unhappy life, that's where.

No, you shouldn't forget what happened, but you have to realize that MOST white people find it disgusting that all of it happened at all!!!! To expect something from the whites of today is wrong as we didn't do it! MOST of us would have found what happened during the Civil War days and in the 50's, for instance, repulsive.

It's just time to move on and stop dwelling on it and trying to pin it on the people of today. If you want to take it out on someone try finding a radical group like the KKK or some other supremacist group and see what you can do about them.....not the rest of us who just happen to be white. Seems like so many of you are angry just because white people ARE white! We can't change our skin color anymore than you can, so it's time to get off our backs and move on. NOT forget, just MOVE ON.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.