Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2010, 05:41 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times

Advertisements

[quote=iwonderwhy2124;14304968]I readily admit that there is tons of that going on. I grew up in a town that was full of hicks and rednecks.

Yes...and it has a negative impact upon black people. Racism is not benign! Its a cancer to black people. If only 16% of whites are racist, that meanst there is one racist white person for every single black person in the nation. When white racism manifest in positions of power and authority, best believe it impacts blacks in a negative way. Also, please don't point to laws against discrimination because there are laws against crime but crimes are commited all the time.

Quite the contrary. I don't agree with white racism at all.

That is good to know assuming you know what racism is....which I don't think you do.

Let me lay this out for you: I am singling you out because you are the one who started the thread and set the tone of the debate. If one of these prejudiced whites had started a similar inflammatory thread I would have been just as much up their ass as I am yours in this thread

So a thread that says that "High minority areas = High crime" is not inflammitory to minorities? Or do you judge inflammatory to ONLY mean something that upsets whites? Moreover, why should it matter who started the thread if they say something wrong or racist? You should fight it wherever it manifest regardless...but you don't. You need some REAL introspection.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 05-23-2010 at 06:17 PM..

Old 05-23-2010, 06:31 PM

1,719 posts, read 4,183,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
So a thread that says that "High minority areas = High crime" is not inflammitory to minorities? Or do you judge inflammatory to ONLY mean something that upsets whites? Moreover, why should it matter who started the thread if they say something wrong or racist? You should fight it wherever it manifest regardless...but you don't.
I have not been drawn to that thread nor have I posted in it, so I don't believe I should be castigated for it. However, the premise of the title is true - minority areas do have higher crime rates. That is not a racist observation, it is the truth. Now, if somebody in that thread said it was because blacks are inferior or animals or something like that....that is definite racism and that won't fly with me.

But, if it makes you feel any better, I will unequivocally state to anybody who has written an overly white racist or seperatist sentiment in any thread in this forum that they are wrong and I wholeheartedly disagree with them.

Old 05-23-2010, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwonderwhy2124 View Post
I have not been drawn to that thread nor have I posted in it, so I don't believe I should be castigated for it. However, the premise of the title is true - minority areas do have higher crime rates. That is not a racist observation, it is the truth. Now, if somebody in that thread said it was because blacks are inferior or animals or something like that....that is definite racism and that won't fly with me.

But, if it makes you feel any better, I will unequivocally state to anybody who has written an overly white racist or seperatist sentiment in any thread in this forum that they are wrong and I wholeheartedly disagree with them.
Well....I know some high minority middle and upper class areas that have lower crime rates than the average white community. That said, whites did say that its because blacks are inferior. Thats is what I was arguing with them about. There is only the internal and external stimulus that could account for this "Higher crime" relative to whites. When you say its not the external (the impact of past and present racism)....by default you are saying that its the internal( rooted in the nature of blacks). People are not dumb enough to say things obviously racist....unless they are not really racist.

Furthermore, its also true that low self esteem in blacks is helped by an afrocentric focus. Its also true that America has a long history of racial oppression against blacks and its also true that many whites are racist today. So why did these TRUTHS inflame you?

Old 05-23-2010, 06:54 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,694,619 times
Quote:
And this is why white people are essentially so racist. White kids are not deaf and blind either. They hear and heard the racist degradation of black people from their parents and that is why the grow up to be adults who think like YOU. Don't try to pretend that white racist parents transfered none of that ignorance to white kids. That is why the white culture is RACIST, which in turn uses its dominat power to self fullfill its prophecies about black "Culture" by treating black people in such a way that their culture developes inproperly from the isolation of segregation and degradation.
To be completely honest, I think most of us have better things to discuss than to discuss black people. We simply don't dwell on race and degrading blacks.

Grow some balls and take responsibility for your child instead of blaming all black problems on white people. Stop dwelling on your poor me attitude and just be a person contributing to life. I'm not understanding why black people have to always have EVERYTHING be about black and white.

And I resent you calling me racist. My baby is black and I was married to a black person for 12 years. I have black nieces and nephews and a black grandson. So you can stuff your attitude toward my post in your face.

As long as black people continue to keep your 'culture' seperate than all other Americans, you are going to have problems. Get over it and grow up.

Old 05-23-2010, 06:54 PM

1,719 posts, read 4,183,104 times
Quote:
That said, whites did say that its because blacks are inferior.
Well, then that's wrong.

Quote:
There is only the internal and external stimulus that could account for this "Higher crime" relative to whites. When you say its not the external (the impact of past and present racism)....by default you are saying that its the internal( rooted in the nature of blacks). People are not dumb enough to say things obviously racist....unless they are not really racist.
I think it's both and let me explain. The history and legacy of slavery and segregation has left a stain that is difficult to remove and which can and does act as an impediment to black advancement. That being said, the scales have come significantly more into balance than they have ever been before. Blacks can and do succeed...if they put forth the effort.

So, there is the historical external cause of the degradation in the black community, but there are also internal causes. I think that there has arisen a culture of seperation in the black community that has harmed its advancement and ability to be fully integrated into American society. In a nutshell; it is both black and white people's fault and we need to rise above this crap if we ever to fully integrate and have true equality. White people need to stop being openly or quietly racist and blacks need to stop destroying themselves.

Old 05-23-2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Furthermore, its also true that low self esteem in blacks is helped by an afrocentric focus. Its also true that America has a long history of racial oppression against blacks and its also true that many whites are racist today. So why did these TRUTHS inflame you?
Cry me a river. You seem more racist than a lot of people. When blacks face the TRUTHS about being more racist than whites, you might start fixing things.

I sincerely hope your screen name is to your wife, because if it isn't, you have a lot of nerve blaming whites on your problems.

Old 05-23-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Thats right....based upon the same logic that says only blacks can be bad parents, irresponsible and lazy and produce bad culture...if you want to talk about double standards....why don't you start there.
Keep talking about "culture". That will keep you seperated from the rest of the population.

WAKE UP BUDDY, WE CAME FROM THE SAME PLACE: THE U.S.A. You didn't 'come from' Africa any more than I came from Norway. Ancestors did, but WE didn't.

Old 05-23-2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoExcuses View Post
To be completely honest, I think most of us have better things to discuss than to discuss black people. We simply don't dwell on race and degrading blacks.

Grow some balls and take responsibility for your child instead of blaming all black problems on white people. Stop dwelling on your poor me attitude and just be a person contributing to life. I'm not understanding why black people have to always have EVERYTHING be about black and white.

And I resent you calling me racist. My baby is black and I was married to a black person for 12 years. I have black nieces and nephews and a black grandson. So you can stuff your attitude toward my post in your face.

As long as black people continue to keep your 'culture' seperate than all other Americans, you are going to have problems. Get over it and grow up.
I know black people who are racist against their own people....in other words, they see black people as inferior, but they exempt themselves. These little kids are saying that "black is bad" relative to white and white is prettier relative to black. So why can't you be a racist? I said you are a racist because of what you said....not because of who you married or what color your kids are. I never said you hated blacks....I said you were racist. So don't use that fallacious argument of why YOU CAN'T be a racist. Thats BS. Slave masters had black children too.

All I have said is that actions produce reactions. All that history of racism did not defy the natural law of actions and reactions. If you can demonstrate that actions don't produce reactions, then I will ignore the impact of past and present racism upon the black condition.

Old 05-23-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Now....if you mean the culture of historically oppressed Americans....then I would agree. However, "black culture" is what Africans came to America with before they were stripped of their language, their names, their religion, their customs, their dignity, their humanity...and much more. The/we no longer have that foundation. What we have is distinctly "American".
Wow, how many people do you know that were "stripped" of everything as you stated? That was so far back in history (that's why it's called HISTORY!!!).

Australia isn't hateful and bitter, blaming everybody else for their problems and they were sent to an island with NOTHING and dumped off. I have never heard of an Australian blaming England for their problems. They rose above and built a beautiful country.

BLACK PEOPLE HOLD ON TO THEIR PROBLEMS BECAUSE IT WORKS FOR THEM. IT'S AN EXCUSE.

Old 05-23-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
I know black people who are racist against their own people....in other words, they see black people as inferior, but they exempt themselves. These little kids are saying that "black is bad" relative to white and white is prettier relative to black. So why can't you be a racist? I said you are a racist because of what you said....not because of who you married or what color your kids are. I never said you hated blacks....I said you were racist. So don't use that fallacious argument of why YOU CAN'T be a racist. Thats BS. Slave masters had black children too.

All I have said is that actions produce reactions. All that history of racism did not defy the natural law of actions and reactions. If you can demonstrate that actions don't produce reactions, then I will ignore the impact of past and present racism upon the black condition.
But I'm NOT racist. NOT AT ALL. So you can't use me as part of YOUR problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.