Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 07:59 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Earlier this month wasn't an officer killed and several wounded in some sort of situation? Might be they are edgier than usual due to that?

If they just shot into the building then that's a clear no-no.

I hadn't read that there were 2 apartments in the house...must have missed that or it was in another source?

Again, a tragedy but I'm betting the officer is african american given the lack of rioting and not declaring the officer as a race like "white". That's what really struck me is how I'm used to seeing that reported and what sort of a mindset that creates for people watching the news as it implies racial motivation.
Why are you betting that? It seems to me that it would be prudent, if the officer was white, to withhold that information from the public to prevent rioting, until all the facts are out and clear. It would give the public a chance to calm. However, rioting and such generally only occurs when you have a predominately white police force, and leadership, occupying/policing a majority black area and there is a PATTERN of police brutality and shooting of citizens. For example, the era of S.T.R.E.S.S in Detroit when the police force was majority white. The police then were known as “The big four”, because they would ride four deep in cruisers through the hood and they killed a lot of people.

Finally, let me say this. If you have had a heart attack that nearly took your life……you are going to be extra, extra paranoid and sensitive to any pain in your chest or symptoms that mimic your past attack. That is called HUMAN NATURE. Its designed to promote your survival. The history of race and racism was analogously a heart attack for black people in this nation. Thus, we are paranoid and vigilant to anything that resembles the symptoms that once nearly took away the life of our freedom and dignity. I will be the first to admit that often times……it’s just indigestion and not the heart. However, its totally understandable....if one respect our HISTORY, as well as, our HUMANITY. If you don't.....you will come to conclusions like Mathguy and others on this forum.

The problem with people like Mathguy is that they simply DO NOT RESPECT THE BLACK EXPERIENCE! That is the bottom line here. To understand and respect the black experience in this nation is to understand and respect the paranoia of returning to those bad ole days for us. The idea that we could never go back to such an era represents a total misreading of humanity and it’s evil. There is nothing new under the sun in regards to human behavior. It’s simply repeating cycles of wars, exploitation and man inhumanity to man. When things really get bad in this country economically…..we are going right back to the 40’s and 50’s attitudes. You mark my word. Racism has always been about economics and an attempt to preserve opportunity and privilege for a select group of people at the expense of another group of people. I see the foundation being laid for the justification of those attitudes being repopularized from the reasoning of many whites on this forum. They are just waiting for the day that it becomes socially acceptable again to manifest their racism out in the open....without fear of being ostracized for it.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:19 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,054 times
Well, if it was a black officer, then it will be labeled an accident, but if the cop is white then it will be labeled racism and he will be accused of killing this girl because she probably have been a prostitute and a drug abuser any way and a waste of life. This seems to be the mentality of the underclass black.Of course the perp was a good boy, he just got outta prison and was trying to turn his life around.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:21 AM

And please describe the" Black experience" to me, so I can be more sensitive in the future.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:36 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
It doesn't matter what races are involved. It is a tragedy that the little girl was killed by mistake. Simply a damn shame. My heart goes out to the family of that girl.

Tragic accidents like this are likely to occur when dealing with ignorance. Of course ignorance is not confined to just one race.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:59 AM

1,777 posts, read 4,859,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
Criminals are like terrorists, they hide behind innocent men, women and children to protect themselves. If this girl dies, the the perp should be the one charged for her murder, because he is the one who put her in danger.
girl's already dead

Old 05-18-2010, 09:03 AM

I guess I misread.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:07 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
I guess I misread.
Whats new?

Old 05-18-2010, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Whats new?
Is it necessary for you to be a smart azz?

Old 05-18-2010, 10:09 AM

1,777 posts, read 4,859,599 times
aveo, that's much nicer than what you really wanted to call him

Old 05-18-2010, 10:09 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,876,874 times
I believe I just heard on CNN that the "alleged" murderer was in the upstairs apartment, not in their apartment. My heart breaks for the family, what a tragedy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.