Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 04:15 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,231,202 times

Advertisements

7 pages and not one mention of Je'Rean Blake. Not one.

Who is Je'Rean Blake? That would be the 17 year old kid that Chauncy Owens shot and killed the week before.

Let me repeat this: A 34 year old man (allegedly) shot a 17 year old boy. That man shot and killed a 17 year old boy. Chauncy Owens was also engaged to Aiyanna's aunt. The father, Charles Jones, is also suspected of involvement. As in driving the get away car. So, Chauncy Owens, exchanges words or looks with the 17 year old and leaves on a moped and comes back in a car, allegedly, driven by Charles Jones. Chauncy Owens shoots Je'Rean and leaves in the car.

A 34 year old man with a rap sheet that includes:
Offender Tracking Information System (OTIS) - Offender Profile

The number one killer is silence. Unfortunately, the number one safety tool is also silence----although there is no guarantee here.

Old 05-26-2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Just a reminder that the entire point of the thread was to note that sometimes the news media mentions the races involved and sometimes it doesn't.

In some cases, hate crimes or other issues where race may have been a factor it makes total sense. In other cases though it's just done to be salacious or to hint or imply some sort of racial motivation which is what the race baiters, supremecists etc. try to do....make money or propaganda by turning every incident into some sort of racial event when in fact, it had nothing to do with race.

So, I suspect that the officer that shot her is indeed black or there would already have been marches, possibly riots and the usual bottom feeders like Sharpton showing up to mug for face time and milk every ounce of PR from the tragedy as they seek *justice*.

I just find that in an era where we have more progress to make, we have a lot of people trying to make money by pitting various ethnic and racial groups against each other rather than being part of the solution. It also poisons the minds of people.
I don't know how old you are or if you remember this, but 20-25 years ago, back when Oprah was doing trash tv (OMG, My brother is a transvestite) studies were done that could calculate the number of violent images of African Americans on a news program was overwhelming. I mean, you could tape the news show and count upwards of so many within so many seconds. And they got called on it.

So, what I think has happened is that there is this combination of trying to play both sides of the field. In the same manner that you can catch local newspapers release information about suspects but not include race.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:47 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,718,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
any proof the cop was white? care to link to your source of info? any reason why the race of the cop matters in this particular case at all, unless you're trying to insinuate this was a race motivated crime?
Uhh...you obviously did not read through these threads. I posted a picture of the guy on one of the previous pages. Besides...Al Sharpton went to the Funeral....what oher proof do you need

Old 05-26-2010, 08:03 PM

1,777 posts, read 4,863,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janman345 View Post
I agree but its still a double standard. A civilian in a self defense situation would have been scrutinized to the nth degree and it would have cost him a fortune to defend himself in court.
It's not the civilians job to protect citizens. The cop is paid to do it. He committed that act in the line of duty, of course he is under less scrutiny than you or i would be.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:13 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,354,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Uhh...you obviously did not read through these threads. I posted a picture of the guy on one of the previous pages. Besides...Al Sharpton went to the Funeral....what oher proof do you need
keep smacking your head. you posted a link to some random forum and included a pic of a guy that looks like an extra from 24. try again when you want to post a link to a LEGIT source (b/c, you know, being able to back up your arguments is kind of important in this forum, though I know you sometimes forget this. you insist on not being taken seriously on this forum, don't you?)

and would it somehow make this tragedy worse if the cop was white? would it somehow make it better if the cop was black? or are you so blinded by racism that you're just begging for a way to stick this tragedy on a white cop, as if it will somehow vindicate all the mess you've been posting here in the past weeks?

Old 05-26-2010, 08:17 PM

if it's a white cop, all the blax in d-troit can sleep sound at night knowing their racism is secure

Old 05-26-2010, 08:41 PM

Yes, Joseph Weekley is a white cop.

Michigan State Police went to investigate, but ran into a problem, the family would not let them in. So they had to get a warrant and a locksmith. It was at that time, they found two stolen vehicles in the back. State police claim Aiyana's family wouldn't let them in | detnews.com | The Detroit News

And it should be noted, that a lot of people in Detroit who also feel that the media and some people are only ticked off because the police are involved. Kids die every damn day and it doesn't wind up on the GD board or splashed across the media.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:43 PM

two stolen ca's be'd out back and you'd be suhhprised?

the family is a joke and is more to blame than anyone.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:47 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,718,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
keep smacking your head. you posted a link to some random forum and included a pic of a guy that looks like an extra from 24. try again when you want to post a link to a LEGIT source (b/c, you know, being able to back up your arguments is kind of important in this forum, though I know you sometimes forget this. you insist on not being taken seriously on this forum, don't you?)

and would it somehow make this tragedy worse if the cop was white? would it somehow make it better if the cop was black? or are you so blinded by racism that you're just begging for a way to stick this tragedy on a white cop, as if it will somehow vindicate all the mess you've been posting here in the past weeks?
The name of the cop got leaked and someone on the forum looked up that officers name and found the picture. The color of the officer will not bring that child back to life or make the matter any less tragic. I only provided it in response to the Race-baiting the OP did in assuming that the officer was black because he felt race is only reported when its a white guy killing the innocent.

By the way....I am still waiting for you to give the history of blacks in America from 1609 - 2010. What was our lives like? What were the laws. How were we treated..and the like....without sounding like a angry, bitter, hate filled racist?

Old 05-26-2010, 08:47 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,354,504 times
so I ask, does him being white somehow make this crime more horrendous? black or white, in the end, a 7yo girl is still lying in a coffin. not sure why in a case like this, people are so eager about finding out the race of the cop involved. this specific case was not race motivated, she wasn't killed b/c she was black. the anger in the case shouldn't wax or wan depending on the race of the cop
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.