Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 12:30 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,732,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMallory View Post
Of course, you would feel the need to insert your racist horeshiz here.
Obviously you did not follow the link...its opinion in regards to the shooting and other violence....but from African American perspectives. That would not interest you...of course....but white opinion interest me.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:57 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,367,740 times
yawn, The Grio has already done several features about this story that have been highlighted on MSNBC's front page and so has likely been read by people of multiple races.

moving on...

Old 05-26-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Of course, you would feel the need to insert your racist horeshiz here.
don't think he can help it, it's an illness. sad.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
yawn, The Grio has already done several features about this story that have been highlighted on MSNBC's front page and so has likely been read by people of multiple races.

moving on...
I think most of the people on this forum watch FOX NEWS...not MSNBC. Besides, the majority of people who participate on MSNBC website, I assume, are whites. Thus, if they have a forum the comments you hear are mostly from whites. What I am talking about is what do average black folks think.....not one black person who writes an op-ed piece. For example:

Kocolicious http://www.livecloud.com/static/verTUR-5ILIVECLOUD.r10416.b823/images/common/user_div_offline.gif (broken link) A1 · 3,298 Forum Posts
May 22, 2010 at 9:57 AM Last Edited:

Sounds like a state of emergency to me. If that child was WHITE?!! C'mon....you know they would have had the NATIONAL GUARDS out there....in a NYC minute...but! It's just mainly "us" being killed. And the police....[not that I've heard of] NEVER take blame for anything they do. Shoot a grandmother....ooops they say "not our fault. It was the suspect we were trying to shoot. It's his faulthttp://www.livecloud.com/fileSendAction/fcType/12/fcOid/115980738316787826/fodoid/115980738316787831/imageType/MINI_THUMBNAIL/inlineImage/true/icon_disappointed.gif (broken link) " That type of police minimization[sp] [ i.e. wrongfully killing blackfolks] is EVERYWHERE throughout this country. And that to me, has to STOP! Police are human beings...just like the ones they are supposedly trying to protect....and the ones they chase. What makes their fatal action excusable? Cuz they have guns legally? Give me a focking break. Detroit, like other inner cities, is in dire need of some government enforcement/monitoring....in other words, they [govt] NEED to be looking at how these police folks are [psychologically] handling the use of their deadly weapons. Period. I know personally that some police officers DO NOT need to carry a gun. Cuz they do bring the problems to work and can be trigger happy or can be looking for someone to beat down-just cuz they had a bad day with their wives/husband/significant other. Plus! A lot of 'em are hot-headed and looking for trouble/action anyway. That's why many of 'em joined the force in the first place. So. These killings definitely need to be addressed. Quick! Cuz what is it really sayin? Police are above the law and answer to no one? What?
[RIGHT]http://www.livecloud.com/static/verTUR-5ILIVECLOUD.r10416.b823/images/common/icons18/manage.png (broken link)[/RIGHT]
http://www.livecloud.com/static/verTUR-5ILIVECLOUD.r10416.b823/images/common/icons18/connections.png (broken link) http://www.livecloud.com/static/verTUR-5ILIVECLOUD.r10416.b823/images/common/icons18/report-post18px.png (broken link)

http://www.livecloud.com/displayAvatar/user/128788938051038566/fod/130055594324092070/imageType/SQUARE_THUMBNAIL/ae3373686591.jpg (broken link) NSpirit http://www.livecloud.com/static/verTUR-5ILIVECLOUD.r10416.b823/images/common/user_div_offline.gif (broken link) A1 · 10,426 Forum Posts
May 22, 2010 at 9:58 AM Last Edited:
Reference:
Bing said he believed blame was being laid in the wrong place. "Too many people are pointing to the police department," he said Thursday. "I don't think they are the problem. They have to be the solution."
When a sleeping child is dead as a result of police action, then blame has been laid in the appropriate place. The "culture" didn't kill the child. What an apologetic, blame-the-victim, hankerchief head this mayor seems to be. Maybe the Hip Hop Mayor wasn't so bad after all. Whatever crime issues the city has, does not excuse the death of an innocent, sleeping child at the hands of law enforcement conducting what seems to be warfare on a dwelling.

ANd Eric Holder is becoming less impressive with each nonchalant posture he takes toward the wrongful death of African-American citizens at the hands of law enforcement. Exactly what does "monitoring the investigation" mean?
[RIGHT]http://www.livecloud.com/static/verTUR-5ILIVECLOUD.r10416.b823/images/common/icons18/manage.png (broken link)[/RIGHT]
http://www.livecloud.com/static/verTUR-5ILIVECLOUD.r10416.b823/images/common/icons18/connections.png (broken link) http://www.livecloud.com/static/verTUR-5ILIVECLOUD.r10416.b823/images/common/icons18/report-post18px.png (broken link)

http://www.livecloud.com/displayAvatar/user/128788938051043195/fod/128788938051046355/imageType/SQUARE_THUMBNAIL/128788938051043195avatar (broken link) sunnubian http://www.livecloud.com/static/verTUR-5ILIVECLOUD.r10416.b823/images/common/user_div_offline.gif (broken link) A1 · 2,299 Forum Posts
May 22, 2010 at 12:45 PM Last Edited:
Yeah, I'm getting more and more unimpressed with Holder AND Obama. The two men in this country that hold the power to make badly needed changes in this country, especially when it comes to American justice, yet, they do nothing, say nothing, even in the wake of a small child being killed. It is now just more of the same that tells us that Black life is expendable and worthless in this country. These officers are going to get off with a slap on the wrist, if that, and the police with continue to move on Black people in America as if we are all under marshall law in our own nation; they will continue to approach Black people, Black communities, Black youth, Black children, Black women with complete disregard and complete indifference for our lives and the lives of our children--which is how this shooting occurred in the first place---they probably did not know that a small child was sleeping on the couch, but they probably did not care even if there were and would have approached the situation the exact same way either way. This is obviously something they are used to doing when it comes to us anyway, it's just that in other cases most of the people were lucky to not be shot and killed (and I'm sure that when they told their story of how things really went down, they were not believed and were probably threatened with prosecution or further prosecution if they continued to talk about it or attempted to sue. Yeah, America is still a dangerous

Old 05-26-2010, 01:13 PM

201 posts, read 432,563 times
Quote:
If the cops story fits what's on the tape, and is supported by witnesses, guess what, a slap on the wrist is what he deserves.

The question comes down to.

Did someone issue a search warrant on the wrong address?
Was the property illegally a multi-family residence, and only had ONE address?
Was the warrant issued on xxxx-unit b and served on xxxx-unit a?

Who was at fault for harboring the fugitive?
Did the cop shoot into an open doorway?
Did someone wrestle with an officer who didn't know better than to take his finger out of the trigger guard?
I agree but its still a double standard. A civilian in a self defense situation would have been scrutinized to the nth degree and it would have cost him a fortune to defend himself in court.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I think most of the people on this forum watch FOX NEWS...not MSNBC. Besides, the majority of people who participate on MSNBC website, I assume, are whites. Thus, if they have a forum the comments you hear are mostly from whites. What I am talking about is what do average black folks think.....not one black person who writes an op-ed piece. For example:
ever think people would take you more seriously if you didn't make so many stupid ASSumptions?? so you ASSume everyone on this forum watch Fox more than MSNBC, you ASSume the majority of people on MSNBC forums are white (BTW, who is talking about forums? The Grio is not a forum, it's a black focused news site w/ multiple articles, op-eds, and features written by and for blacks), and so on. your racist attitudes towards whites cloud your vision and have led you to make grand assumption about an entire race, no different from racist whites assuming all blacks are ghetto, criminal trash

moving on...

Old 05-26-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
ever think people would take you more seriously if you didn't make so many stupid ASSumptions?? so you ASSume everyone on this forum watch Fox more than MSNBC, you ASSume the majority of people on MSNBC forums are white (BTW, who is talking about forums? The Grio is not a forum, it's a black focused news site w/ multiple articles, op-eds, and features written by and for blacks), and so on. your racist attitudes towards whites cloud your vision and have led you to make grand assumption about an entire race, no different from racist whites assuming all blacks are ghetto, criminal trash

moving on...
More people watch FOX news than MSNBC based upon the ratings. FOX gets WAY more viewers. I did not assume EVERYONE Watched FOX on this forum. Why would not a MAINSTREAM media source not reflect the MAINSTREAM? If 70% of the population is white...why would not the majority of the viewers of a MAINSTREAM media outlet not be majority white also?

Old 05-26-2010, 01:58 PM

78,672 posts, read 60,867,104 times
Al Sharpton managed to show up right on time to deliver the final speech at the girls funeral.

This little gem set a new record for irony...."And rather turn to each other, we name-call and ego-tripping and trying to jump in front of a camera..." -Al Sharpton

Still no official word on the the unfortunate individual that accidentally shot the poor girl. What a terrible event.

I wonder if the ambush ealier that month that killed a cop had them a bit fidgety especially when dealing with an armed murderer.

At least I can agree with Sharptons comment about the community needing to share the resonsibility, even if he is a camera hog.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Al Sharpton managed to show up right on time to deliver the final speech at the girls funeral.

This little gem set a new record for irony...."And rather turn to each other, we name-call and ego-tripping and trying to jump in front of a camera..." -Al Sharpton

Still no official word on the the unfortunate individual that accidentally shot the poor girl. What a terrible event.

I wonder if the ambush ealier that month that killed a cop had them a bit fidgety especially when dealing with an armed murderer.

At least I can agree with Sharptons comment about the community needing to share the resonsibility, even if he is a camera hog.
uhh...the cop was white and you were bettng he was black. Shows how keen a grasp on reality you have.

Old 05-26-2010, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
uhh...the cop was white and you were bettng he was black. Shows how keen a grasp on reality you have.
any proof the cop was white? care to link to your source of info? any reason why the race of the cop matters in this particular case at all, unless you're trying to insinuate this was a race motivated crime?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.