Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2015, 09:35 PM

111 posts, read 143,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Lebauer City Park is currently under construction. It certainly will compliment the future adjacent Steven Tanger Center for the Performing Arts. Here is a youtube video about the park which will include among other things two concert lawns, one having a dramatic sculpture over it that is lit multiple colors at night, interactive water feature which can be transformed to an ice skating rink during the holiday season, putting green, dog park, gardens, linear creek along the promenade, market square plaza, games area, out door reading room next to the main library similar to the one in Bryant Park in New York, plus more! There is no other urban park like it in North Carolina. The park along with the performing arts center will certainly serve as excellent venues while the National Folk Festival is in downtown Greensboro for the next three years. Three new downtown hotels will be up and running then several breweries and a possible distillery restaurant and entertainment campus near the performing arts center. These are exciting times for downtown Greensboro. People certainly can't call Greensboro Greensboring anymore. If Koury Corp had waited about 25 years we'd be talking about plans for a downtown convention center. At the time nothing was happening downtown and it made more logical sense to build it at I-40 and High Point Rd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=486&v=7GlsVN82pT8
I saw the park presentation video, and very estactic about the development of the park. This will boast downtown activity, attract tourists, and possibly open the doors for future downtown developments. I love it. This park is one of a kind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 08:26 AM

8 posts, read 19,342 times
My friend use to stay in CityView. I loved it. She invited me over to a pool party the complex was throwing. It was a great time. I might move there when my lease is over. I love the location and the clubhouse looks excellent.

Old 04-21-2015, 06:38 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,962,062 times
Took some photos a few days ago.

[IMG]http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p394/spoolingpoppcorn/SAM_0712_zpsbp***lau.jpg[/IMG]

this is where they will build the hotel tower.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:39 PM

Construction on a $4M Greensboro retail multiplex spearheaded by entrepreneur Lee Comer is set to begin in March - Greensboro - Triad Business Journal

New Downtown Urban Multiplex to begin construction.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:06 PM

Why are they tearing this building down on elm street downtown?
Does anyone know?

Old 04-29-2015, 04:24 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,386,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOCitizen View Post

Does anyone know?
Is that the old B of A building? My understanding was that Lincoln was going to use it for temporary offices while renovating their building.

Lincoln Financial planning Jefferson Standard building multimillion dollar renovation - Greensboro - Triad Business Journal

Old 04-29-2015, 02:12 PM

85 posts, read 168,311 times
The building at 338 North Elm Street will be demolished to make room for the future Performing Arts Center. DH Griffin has installed demolition Fencing around the site on Monday with demolition to soon follow.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:05 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,570,841 times
Quote:

Does anyone know?
Addition to what yinzer said the two other buildings next to it will be demolished as well- assuming I understand correctly the entire block will be demolished for the PAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
Is that the old B of A building? My understanding was that Lincoln was going to use it for temporary offices while renovating their building.

Lincoln Financial planning Jefferson Standard building multimillion dollar renovation - Greensboro - Triad Business Journal
It's the other one across the street from LF, with the big bronze looking doors.

Old 04-30-2015, 02:01 AM

Wow, so they're also taking out the Chambers of commerce building aswell.. Only thing that will be standing on that block, is that beautiful vintage Rolex Clock i'm guessing.

Last edited by YinXyang; 04-30-2015 at 02:27 AM..

Old 04-30-2015, 06:55 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,570,841 times
Quote:
Wow, so they're also taking out the Chambers of commerce building aswell.. Only thing that will be standing on that block, is that beautiful vintage Rolex Clock i'm guessing.
It would be nice if the clock found a new home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point