Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2021, 07:04 AM

6,161 posts, read 7,229,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedIn View Post
And I'm gonna buck the trend and say that Downtown's need for additional attractions is greater than the need for more apartments. The ballpark and the PAC are both major scores but with relatively infrequent schedules. I don't know if there's room, but an upscale cinema with luxury recliners would be a constant draw. And some quality ethnic restaurants. Thai, Indian, Cambodian, Vietnamese. Dinner and a movie with my girl would bring me in for sure. And I'll buck the trend again and say that I'm impressed overall with the direction that city leaders are taking. Without a crystal ball, we can only speculate. With a little luck, and without a recession in the near future, maybe the place will take off and put Greensboro on the map. Here's hoping.
Actually downtown has a number of ethnic/international restaurants. Poke Bowl, Zaytoon, Lao Restaurant, Bonchon, Chez Genese, Jerusalem Market just to name a few.. Im just surprise downtown Greensboro doesn't have a Lexington style Barbecue restaurant downtown being that its popular in this part of the state..Those kind of restaurants seem to be more common in the small towns though. And as for attractions there's talk of a downtown arena and a possible convention center.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 04-10-2021 at 07:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2021, 10:45 AM

12,169 posts, read 8,032,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedIn View Post
And I'm gonna buck the trend and say that Downtown's need for additional attractions is greater than the need for more apartments. The ballpark and the PAC are both major scores but with relatively infrequent schedules. I don't know if there's room, but an upscale cinema with luxury recliners would be a constant draw. And some quality ethnic restaurants. Thai, Indian, Cambodian, Vietnamese. Dinner and a movie with my girl would bring me in for sure. And I'll buck the trend again and say that I'm impressed overall with the direction that city leaders are taking. Without a crystal ball, we can only speculate. With a little luck, and without a recession in the near future, maybe the place will take off and put Greensboro on the map. Here's hoping.
Gboro has a really low supply of apartments/condos downtown. The hotels will help a lot. BUt you need foot traffic and residents to increase amenities like ethnic cuisines.

It will come if you put more residences downtown as well as Hotels and shiny new things like the baseball development.

Old 04-11-2021, 10:20 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,961,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Gboro has a really low supply of apartments/condos downtown. The hotels will help a lot. BUt you need foot traffic and residents to increase amenities like ethnic cuisines.

It will come if you put more residences downtown as well as Hotels and shiny new things like the baseball development.
Downtown greensboro at the moment has:

comet greensboro apartments
the lofts at new garden
the south eastern building apartments
park south apartments
city view apartments
city view building 205
greenway at fisher park
greenway at stadium park
bellemeade village apartments
carroll at bellemeade
blue acres apartments
the district at west markets
the village lofts
pine croft apartments
wafco mills
the province
the reserve greensboro
smothers place
peidmont leaf lofts
lofts at Greensboro court
cottages at greensboro
the inn at greensboro

with 4 other large scale apartments under development or proposed like the east market development near the A&T nano research center, hopefully even more will be built in the future.

Last edited by YinXyang; 04-11-2021 at 10:32 AM..

Old 04-11-2021, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YinXyang View Post
Downtown greensboro at the moment has:

comet greensboro apartments
the lofts at new garden
the south eastern building apartments
park south apartments
city view apartments
city view building 205
greenway at fisher park
greenway at stadium park
bellemeade village apartments
carroll at bellemeade
blue acres apartments
the district at west markets
the village lofts
pine croft apartments
wafco mills
the province
the reserve greensboro
smothers place
peidmont leaf lofts
lofts at Greensboro court
cottages at greensboro
the inn at greensboro

with 4 other large scale apartments under development or proposed like the east market development near the A&T nano research center, hopefully even more will be built in the future.
Not a whole lot at the moment, but glad to see the numbers increasing!!

Old 04-11-2021, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Not a whole lot at the moment, but glad to see the numbers increasing!!
yeah, hotels are nice, but we need more residential downtown.

Old 04-11-2021, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YinXyang View Post
yeah, hotels are nice, but we need more residential downtown.
I just said that

Old 04-11-2021, 01:10 PM

Quote:
I just said that
Oh, i see that only half of my statement submited, i meant to say i agree that we need more residential downtown, i look forward to seeing the rest of south eugene street being developed with carroll south of the ball park, which does include residential.

Old 04-12-2021, 12:48 PM

385 posts, read 291,470 times
I really wish they would do some Re development on Sumit Ave. Especially the closer u get to the downtown side.. be nice if they could re do the stop shopping center where Mayberry restaurant is located. And if they would finally tear down those awful "Executive Suite" .motel..Just hope the city has written off the Sumit Ave . Aera. Oh and focus on the area of downtown where Corner Slice is too.. somehow make it feel more connected to downtown

Old 04-12-2021, 12:53 PM

113 posts, read 111,132 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1vjkvZlHGw Some new aerial footage of Bailey Village. Looks like they're going to start rising out of the ground fairly soon.

Old 04-12-2021, 01:27 PM

97 posts, read 71,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
I really wish they would do some Re development on Sumit Ave. Especially the closer u get to the downtown side.. be nice if they could re do the stop shopping center where Mayberry restaurant is located. And if they would finally tear down those awful "Executive Suite" .motel..Just hope the city has written off the Sumit Ave . Aera. Oh and focus on the area of downtown where Corner Slice is too.. somehow make it feel more connected to downtown
I agree with the sentiment, and also that the areas you identified have tons of potential. However, who is "they"? Part of the problem is that there are not enough "theys" out there building things. There need to be more small investors, doing many small projects. Maybe you could be one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point