Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 02:25 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,630,717 times

Advertisements

I sure hope this is successful - it will be huge for that area. I'll be sure to check out a game next season. I hope the hotel and apartments are successful - it would be great to see more people in that area year-round.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2018, 05:21 PM

6,161 posts, read 7,229,334 times
I will say it's a pretty aggressive time line for the stadium itself opening in April 2019.

Old 05-22-2018, 05:29 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,057,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
I will say it's a pretty aggressive time line for the stadium itself opening in April 2019.
It's aggressive but doable. It's not a major league venue. Also, the season for the Atlantic doesn't start until late April. If High Point starts on the road the first couple weeks, then that alone would buy a little more time into mid-May. If by February or March, it appears that there may be a slight delay, they may be able to work something out with the Burlington Royals for a series or two (whose season does not start until June usually).

Old 06-01-2018, 04:33 PM

It appears that the crane for construction is on site for the stadium. If things go smooth, it's possible that the stadium could be complete by around the end of the year (some minor league stadiums only take 6-8 months to complete). Things have certainly gone pretty fast so far.

Old 06-01-2018, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
It appears that the crane for construction is on site for the stadium. If things go smooth, it's possible that the stadium could be complete by around the end of the year (some minor league stadiums only take 6-8 months to complete). Things have certainly gone pretty fast so far.
I'm certainly impressed that High Point is pulling the whole development off and in such a short time period. Normally it takes several years from conception to opening day for most cities.

Old 06-01-2018, 05:06 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,342,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
It takes about a year (maybe a little less) to build a minor league baseball park, depending on the size. If it's a mild winter, it should be doable. They should have all the concrete/foundation work and steel done by the end of the year, I would think.

Old 06-15-2018, 04:34 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,387,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
I'm trying to think of all the BB&T naming rights in the US, they must have a lot of money to spend:

BB&T Ballpark (Charlotte),
BB&T Ballpark (Winston-Salem)
BB&T Ballpark at Historic Bowman Field, (Williamsport, PA)
BB&T Center (Sunrise,FL)
BB&T Field (Winston-Salem)
BB&T Pavilion (Camden, NJ)
BB&T Arena (Northern Kentucky University)

and now

BB&T Point (High Point)

There was another one:

BB&T Coastal Field in Myrtle Beach, but it's now TicketReturn.com Field!
And now there's one more: BB&T Stadium in Greensboro, formerly Aggie Stadium on the campus of NC A&T.

Old 06-15-2018, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
And now there's one more: BB&T Stadium in Greensboro, formerly Aggie Stadium on the campus of NC A&T.
I know its becoming pretty generic now.

Old 07-12-2018, 10:33 PM

So the High Point team will be known as the Rockers.... Pretty dumb name if you ask me, but I'll still go to games. As for progress, well the stadium has largely taken shape.... it's clearly a stadium being built now. I don't see any reason that the stadium can't be completed with plenty of time to spare.

Old 07-13-2018, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
So the High Point team will be known as the Rockers.... Pretty dumb name if you ask me, but I'll still go to games. As for progress, well the stadium has largely taken shape.... it's clearly a stadium being built now. I don't see any reason that the stadium can't be completed with plenty of time to spare.
Not the best name but better than the other alternatives. Honestly it's better than the Greensboro Grasshoppers. I've always hated that name. They should have kept it the Greensboro Bats. I even liked the Greensboro Hornets from the late 1980s. From what I understand that was changed because it had something to do with Charlotte's use of the Hornets.

I imagine they'll being playing Queen's We will Rock you between innings in High Point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point