Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2017, 10:42 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,057,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emelvee View Post
Other than feeling bad for the Hi-Toms (I think it will be tough for them to compete with the new HP team, at least initially), I'm really looking forward to this.
That's true. I was thinking for a moment that maybe they could just move a little further south. But just 30 minutes to the south, Asheboro ALSO has a team. Maybe the Hi-Toms could move to Lexington or Salisbury? They wouldn't be in our territory anymore though. Especially in Salisbury.

But frankly, I'd rather have this High Point team than the Hi-Toms (where I have never attended a game).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2017, 11:08 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,630,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
That's true. I was thinking for a moment that maybe they could just move a little further south. But just 30 minutes to the south, Asheboro ALSO has a team. Maybe the Hi-Toms could move to Lexington or Salisbury? They wouldn't be in our territory anymore though. Especially in Salisbury.

But frankly, I'd rather have this High Point team than the Hi-Toms (where I have never attended a game).
I've never been to a Hi-Toms game either, and also would prefer the planned HP team and stadium. But the Hi-Toms have a lot of history, so I hope they survive - perhaps they could move to Lexington or something like that, as you suggested.

Old 11-30-2017, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
High Point to hold groundbreaking for downtown ballpark Dec 1st. A four story office building will overlook the field along with a hotel being developed by Roy Carroll.

High Point to hold groundbreaking for stadium Dec. 1 | Local News | greensboro.com
The "DemoDay Block Party" for the new ballpark is tomorrow!

Old 12-05-2017, 10:53 PM

6,161 posts, read 7,229,334 times
Funding is secured for ballpark. Construction to start soon.

High Point leaders secure funding for downtown stadium, work expected to start soon | myfox8.com

Old 12-19-2017, 06:29 PM

High Point ballpark hotel will be a Hyatt Place developed by Greensboro developer Roy Carroll. Carroll also has a Hyatt Place under construction across from Greensboro's ballpark. It will be the third for Guilford County. The first for High Point. And Greensboro will have two after its downtown Hyatt Place opens.

The article mainly talks about all the new hotel construction in the Triad's downtowns.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/ne...-downtown.html

Old 12-20-2017, 06:55 AM

I saw that article...I think Hyatt Place is a good "get" for the HP development. I'm surprised it wasn't announced with more fanfare (unless I missed it).

Old 12-20-2017, 07:30 AM

Yes it is is good fit. Hyatt Place is the middle of the market. Its a good name to have in a downtown development and at the same time its a brand that is feasible for High Point. I applauded all who is involved with this project because its an amazing feat for High Point to pull this complex project off and in such a short time. High Point has needed something like this for a long time.

Old 12-20-2017, 07:57 AM

It's amazing how fast this is coming together. I know Samet is already getting bids for the ballpark construction. I wonder which bank (or Ralph Lauren?...ok, it'll probably be a bank) will pay for naming rights. I sure hope this is successful - I think the entire development has a good shot at success.

Old 12-20-2017, 03:54 PM

3 posts, read 2,765 times
Awesome news for High Point! Greatway to help the community!

Old 04-11-2018, 03:42 PM

The stadium will be called BB&T Point.

Proposed High Point stadium gets a name | Local News | greensboro.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point