Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 12:22 AM

2 posts, read 5,250 times

Advertisements

I have been doing a lot of research online looking for apartments and found this forum and was hoping to get some advice.

1. Does anybody have any information on the Madison Woods apartments near Guilford College? It is a reasonable price, and I have a tendency to think that if something seems too good to be true, it usually is...so any info on that complex, or any others in the Brown Investment Properties group would be appreciated. I have had a hard time finding any ratings or reviews on them.

2. In general, I am looking for a 2 bed 1.5 bath apartment or townhome in a safe neighborhood that is priced anywhere from 650 to 900 at the very most. It is very important to me to be in a safe area, considering that I have spent most of my life in WV, where crime rates are very low.

I do appreciate any help and advice I can get!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2008, 07:12 PM

799 posts, read 3,227,518 times
We were looking for those apartments during our trip on 03/26. We did get lost (I was getting sick and couldn't concentrate very well), but I do think the GC area didn't appear unsafe at all. Maybe not the super prettiest area, but certainly do-able, that was our impression.

We are trying to get a 3BR at Yester Oaks in N/NW G'boro, off of Pisgah Church Rd. ($760 + W/D rent fee). I like that the Harris Teeter and CVS are both within a mile of the apartments there, and that it will only be 3 miles to my hubby's work from there.

If you get a chance to go, even for just two days, to look around, it will certainly be worth the time. We stayed at a hotel, Best Western, near Wendover and 40, and the location was awesome! IHOP and tons of restaurants, most in walking distance! Plus, Wendover is a "fast vein" through town! We got an internet deal for 69 and 79$ a night there. The Extended Stay had rooms from 64.99 which was the cheapest for that particular spot. The IHOP was impassible on Saturday however! LOL

When are you moving there? We should be there by the 1st of 2nd week of May. I sure hope we get that apartment, otherwise I will be down there with you gawking around. *chuckle*

~ Angie

Old 04-06-2008, 09:30 PM

12 posts, read 38,668 times
Default Try Hotwire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeg4sushi View Post
We stayed at a hotel, Best Western, near Wendover and 40, and the location was awesome! IHOP and tons of restaurants, most in walking distance! Plus, Wendover is a "fast vein" through town! We got an internet deal for 69 and 79$ a night there. The Extended Stay had rooms from 64.99 which was the cheapest for that particular spot.
I was interviewing there over Easter weekend and I took a risk that paid off. I used Hotwire, did a search for 3 star hotels and got an awesome deal, $52 bucks a night! It ended up being at the Hyatt Place, also right off of Wendover. I'm talking 52 inch flatscreens in the rooms, Continental breakfast featuring Starbucks coffee, treadmills with TV screens on them, free wi-fi and business center, and pool (closed for season).

Old 04-08-2008, 12:47 PM

799 posts, read 3,227,518 times
Raiyshe! The HYATT PLACE! I know what a dream that place is. We got a deal on one of those in Raleigh thorugh Priceline for $40 one night, but that was the only night. So sad, because it was just too awesome! The stone counterops? The swivel flat panel HDTV? The sleeper sofa leather-tweed sectional SOFA?! We didn't want to leave!

Old 04-20-2008, 06:35 PM

2 posts, read 5,071 times
Default WV to NC

I'm also from West Virginia and planning a move to North Carolina in the next couple months. I'm moving with a friend whose sister lives in Burlington. I'm applying for a job in High Point. We're looking at apartments in the Burlington/Greensboro/HighPoint area. We would need something with 2 bedrooms that would allow 2 large dogs for $400-600 a month. I found some info on apartmentfinder.com. Does anyone have any personal experience with apartment complexes in the area and any neighborhood recommendations. I'm also used to low crime areas so that's a major concern for me.

Thanks!

Old 04-21-2008, 05:29 PM

8 posts, read 24,236 times
My husband and I visited Legacy at Friendly Manor in the fall. Those apartments seem really nice and you can have large dogs there. They have older townhouses and newer apartments.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:07 PM

8 posts, read 25,250 times
Greensboro is still a nice southern city with a little "kick" to it because of the colleges and booming businesses. I believe you'll all like it. You'll want to avoid the east side of town like Market St. and Bessemer Ave. Pretty much anything west is really nice. There are a lot of homes turned into apartments near the college campuses and they seem to be really nice and cheap. Don't be afraid of the Guilford College area--it is an "older" area (I can't find the word I want to say!!) and it's not fancy looking, but you can find a nice apartment there as well. And yes, Wendover Ave. and most of the surrounding area on I-40 is full of shops and restaurants and hotels. I've worked all over town in temp jobs over the years, so if you need me, just send me a msg. I'll be glad to help! Good Luck!

Old 05-05-2008, 07:42 PM

2 posts, read 5,250 times
Default Desirable zip codes in Greensboro

I've been looking at a lot of apartments/townhomes online, but am not quite sure of the best areas.

What are the best and worst zip codes?

Thank you for your responses.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:05 PM

2 posts, read 5,071 times
Default Thanx!

Thanks for the responses guys. I'll look into those areas and please keep the suggestions coming!

~*Laura*~

Old 11-13-2008, 07:22 PM

6 posts, read 16,380 times
Default Mobile home parks !

Does any one know of nice well kept mobile home parks in or on the outskirts. They maybe have a pool . A little diverse . Please let me know
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point