Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 03:53 PM

275 posts, read 232,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL77 View Post
Haha! I was thinking the same thing.
At first I had no idea what you guys were talking about. I guess you're referring to someone who used to post on here? If I did this right, I searched for that username and read some of that person's old posts...very impressive I must say! If you guys think I am that poster, I consider that a high honor indeed. But I'm not sure how someone could switch usernames, I didn't think that was possible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2019, 03:58 PM

241 posts, read 238,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Ok BC1960

Could it be more obvious?

Old 05-21-2019, 04:29 PM

6,161 posts, read 7,237,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big John NC View Post
At first I had no idea what you guys were talking about. I guess you're referring to someone who used to post on here? If I did this right, I searched for that username and read some of that person's old posts...very impressive I must say! If you guys think I am that poster, I consider that a high honor indeed. But I'm not sure how someone could switch usernames, I didn't think that was possible?
Very easy is someone were removed or banned or have multiple devices. But it is interesting that you started posting after BC1960 stopped posting and BC1960 is no longer a member.

Old 05-21-2019, 04:55 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,060,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamchaser13 View Post
Could it be more obvious?
If it wasn't before, it certainly is now after his post directly above your's. I wasn't 100% sold it was the same guy... until I read that. Plus, his beef with GSOboi sure picked up fast... almost as if he was picking up where it left off under a previous handle.

Old 05-21-2019, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Very easy is someone were removed or banned or have multiple devices. But it is interesting that you started posting after BC1960 stopped posting and BC1960 is no longer a member.
Didn't know anything about people being banned. Don't lots of people join this site all the time? I mean, just because someone starts posting after someone else stops doesn't mean thats the same person? Anyway, I've never posted on here before, sorry.

Old 05-21-2019, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
If it wasn't before, it certainly is now after his post directly above your's. I wasn't 100% sold it was the same guy... until I read that. Plus, his beef with GSOboi sure picked up fast... almost as if he was picking up where it left off under a previous handle.
No, thats not me, sorry. Thanks though!

Old 05-21-2019, 11:44 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,964,048 times
Wait! BC Got banned??

Old 05-22-2019, 07:35 AM

511 posts, read 512,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big John NC View Post
I searched for that username and read some of that person's old posts...very impressive I must say! If you guys think I am that poster, I consider that a high honor indeed.
Lol.

Old 05-22-2019, 05:50 PM

6,131 posts, read 4,620,775 times
OP, to chime in on your original question, I'm not sure if I see entirely what you see.

I do think WFMY might cover Greensboro a little more, but WXII has always been known to cover Winston-Salem and points west more than the rest of the Triad. You can see this from their weather coverage as they do the most separating out of the "Piedmont" and the "Mountains" more than any other channel and also seem to cover some of the lesser known and out of the way communities in the foothills that nobody else covers.

Because of their antenna location, people on the eastern and southern sides of the Triad who rely on OTA antennas can't even pick up a signal. I think they cover Greensboro more than they used to but that's because they're trying to hone in on the Greensboro area rather than just sticking to Winston-Salem as they did decades ago.

Channel 8 (WGHP) tends to focus more on the counties to the south (Davidson, Randolph, and Montgomery) of the immediate Triad.

Old 05-22-2019, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
OP, to chime in on your original question, I'm not sure if I see entirely what you see.

I do think WFMY might cover Greensboro a little more, but WXII has always been known to cover Winston-Salem and points west more than the rest of the Triad. You can see this from their weather coverage as they do the most separating out of the "Piedmont" and the "Mountains" more than any other channel and also seem to cover some of the lesser known and out of the way communities in the foothills that nobody else covers.

Because of their antenna location, people on the eastern and southern sides of the Triad who rely on OTA antennas can't even pick up a signal. I think they cover Greensboro more than they used to but that's because they're trying to hone in on the Greensboro area rather than just sticking to Winston-Salem as they did decades ago.

Channel 8 (WGHP) tends to focus more on the counties to the south (Davidson, Randolph, and Montgomery) of the immediate Triad.
Careful, these people don't like to be disagreed with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point