Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 09:15 PM

66 posts, read 148,244 times

Advertisements

I love it!! I mean, you're exactly right!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
When is the last time you actually saw a gay couple "flaunting" their relationship in public? What were they doing--holding hands? How many straight couples do you see holding hands, hugging, or even kissing in public. Do you believe they should not "flaunt" their relationships in such a way? Would you consider kissing your partner at the airport (or either gender) "flaunting" a relationship?

The vast majority of gay people don't do anything to "flaunt" their relationship in public, while the majority of heterosexual couples DO. You'll need to find another "argument" if you're going to talk about "hypocrits".

The sign in question was put up by one particular group--"they" (gay people as a whole) did not get together and vote to put it up; it is not "wanting to have it both ways". What "they" want more than anything else is to end the double standard, where straight people can literally make out in public and have it go unnoticed, while a gay couple is said to be "throwing it in people's faces" if they even hug or hold hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 09:24 PM

66 posts, read 148,244 times
Default never cease to amaze me!! :)

I could NOT have said this better!! Amen! I always wondered that Fran; why people take the Bible literally in some ways but not others!!! Times have changed, people have changed. All of your verses made such valid points!! Thanks girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Do you follow EVERY law of Leviticus, such as these?

20:9 For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.

Cursing your parents, just once, should result in the death Penalty?

19:19 Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee.

Apparently planting butterbeans and sweet potatoes in the same garden is a SIN! As is wearing two kinds of cloth at the same time! Do you follow this verse of Leviticus? It is no less "sacred" than what you quoted, after all!

19:27 Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.

SHAVING IS A SIN!!! Do you follow this verse to the letter, jo282271?

This is just a tiny part of the Bible that is ignored, even by so-called "Biblically-living people". Do you consider EVERY verse of the Bible, or just the ones you pick and choose?

Old 08-07-2010, 11:39 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,895,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollatjagirl View Post
LOL Arb. I sense sarcasm? ANYTHING can destroy families and marriages!! LOL
I agree, after all.......Marriage is the leading cause of divorce.

Old 08-08-2010, 07:51 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,615,779 times
If you dont like gay marriage,
Blame straight people.

this would be a great billboard

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs284.snc4/40547_419561646045_36185046045_5288832_8276103_n.j pg (broken link)

Old 08-11-2010, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Is there that much of a need for these signs in the Carolina's? I do interpret the message as meaning well to the gay person. I just wonder did the group that placed them, feel the climate towards gays warranted the signs.
Actually, the signs were probably put in GSO because the populace would not be too inclined to object to them. The basic Quaker influence, Friends, in a number of the definitions, tends to be the rule of thumb for this area. This Quaker influence was the reason that the first sit-in happened in GSO, it was the southern city, in which, the protesters had the greatest chance of living through the protest. For a southern city, Greensboro is pretty open-minded. (might have something to do with it also being a well-educated city).

Old 08-23-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasrob1234 View Post
Bigotry is basically intolerance of beliefs that differ from one's own. The billboard seems to imply that those who adhere to religious beliefs concerning homosexuality are "bigots". But isn't that fairly hypocritical? Shouldn't the group be a bit more tolerant of those whose religiously view homosexuality as sin? After all if the group views homosexuality as "ok" then shouldn't it also be acceptable for someone else to view homosexuality as "not ok"? Seems like the group is imposing a double standard.
I do not think so! People have been hiding their petty bigotries behind a mask of their religion for centuries, it is time for it to stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point