Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2012, 10:03 AM

5,590 posts, read 15,371,404 times

Advertisements

I was initially impressed by Quick Trip when they first opened a few stores in the Upstate, but honestly, their reputation has rapidly declined for me since then. It didn't take long for those competitive prices to disappear along with most of their grand opening staff. I've noticed performance problems more than once after purchasing their fuel. If you try their "deli" items (like cucumber wraps for example) and enjoy them, then don't expect the store to keep them well stocked. Unless you consume a significant amount of sweet drinks and snacks, QT simply isn't very appealing soon after their initial opening.

On the other hand, I continue to be pleased with the new Hickory Point stores, primarily thanks to their non-ethanol pumps and equal pricing for cash and credit customers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2012, 08:16 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,539,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
I was initially impressed by Quick Trip when they first opened a few stores in the Upstate, but honestly, their reputation has rapidly declined for me since then. It didn't take long for those competitive prices to disappear along with most of their grand opening staff. I've noticed performance problems more than once after purchasing their fuel. If you try their "deli" items (like cucumber wraps for example) and enjoy them, then don't expect the store to keep them well stocked. Unless you consume a significant amount of sweet drinks and snacks, QT simply isn't very appealing soon after their initial opening.

On the other hand, I continue to be pleased with the new Hickory Point stores, primarily thanks to their non-ethanol pumps and equal pricing for cash and credit customers.
Don't know what the issue is with the location(s) you've visited, but the older stores we've visited in GA, MO & KS have all been fully-stocked, fully-sraffed and thoroughly pleasant to shop at.

Old 08-20-2012, 02:41 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
Now open just west of downtown across from McDonald's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
Don't know what the issue is with the location(s) you've visited, but the older stores we've visited in GA, MO & KS have all been fully-stocked, fully-sraffed and thoroughly pleasant to shop at.
Agreed. I haven't noticed any negative changes since they opened in this area.

Last edited by g-man430; 08-20-2012 at 02:51 PM..

Old 08-20-2012, 03:01 PM

4,212 posts, read 6,899,912 times
I guess I can't really every get excited about new gas stations. We almost all need them unfortunately, but besides providing me with some decent, preferably non-ethanol gas, I don't really think about gas stations. They are all ugly and generally have nothing but overpriced items inside.

I think the only time I have been inside a gas station in the past 5 years or so was for bathroom breaks on long road trips. Maybe I'm in the minority here though.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:41 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,788,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiecta View Post
I guess I can't really every get excited about new gas stations. We almost all need them unfortunately, but besides providing me with some decent, preferably non-ethanol gas, I don't really think about gas stations. They are all ugly and generally have nothing but overpriced items inside.

I think the only time I have been inside a gas station in the past 5 years or so was for bathroom breaks on long road trips. Maybe I'm in the minority here though.
I'm with ya. It boggles my mind that this thread has gone on for 27 pages. I think the interest in these type of places says a lot about our society, and in a negative way. They sell crap. There's nothing in these places of any value. Just crap. And people are falling over themselves critiquing and parsing these places? I just do not get it.

I disagree that their stuff is overpriced, though. It's dirt cheap crap they sell.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:19 AM

Yeah, I ate a bag of potato chips from QT once and gained 35 pounds. Just as long as you live a healthy lifestyle, eating this stuff once in a while won't kill you. If people want to get excited about QT coming to this area then I say let them. It's not hurting you.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Yeah, I ate a bag of potato chips from a QT once and gained 35 pounds.
They don't make the potato chips, pretzels, candy, and beer though. They simply sell it to consumers alongside other convenience store staples like motor oil, tissue paper, chewing gum and soda pop.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
They don't make the potato chips, pretzels, candy, and beer though. They simply sell it to consumers alongside other convenience store staples like motor oil, tissue paper, chewing gum and soda pop.
Good valid point. I've never had their 49 cent ice cream so I don't know how that is.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:54 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,539,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Yeah, I ate a bag of potato chips from QT once and gained 35 pounds. Just as long as you live a healthy lifestyle, eating this stuff once in a while won't kill you. If people want to get excited about QT coming to this area then I say let them. It's not hurting you.
Hear, hear... The fact is, that QT simply blows most other similar establishments out of the water in cleanliness, number and helpfulness of employees, aesthetics (remembering that everything is relative to the market niche involved) and product offering. THAT is why people get excited about the opening of a QT near them.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
Hear, hear... The fact is, that QT simply blows most other similar establishments out of the water in cleanliness, number and helpfulness of employees, aesthetics (remembering that everything is relative to the market niche involved) and product offering. THAT is why people get excited about the opening of a QT near them.
I have been inside QT more than once within the last few months and each time (after the initial opening period) there were only two employees working, which is the same number you see in Spinx and Hickory Point. QT was under-staffed and too busy to be friendly. They lost my business for the reasons I mentioned earlier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area