Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2012, 09:21 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,542,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
I have been inside QT more than once within the last few months and each time (after the initial opening period) there were only two employees working, which is the same number you see in Spinx and Hickory Point. QT was under-staffed and too busy to be friendly. They lost my business for the reasons I mentioned earlier.
I just have not had that same experience here in SC, or in GA, KS or MO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 10:40 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,782,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
I have been inside QT more than once within the last few months and each time (after the initial opening period) there were only two employees working, which is the same number you see in Spinx and Hickory Point. QT was under-staffed and too busy to be friendly. They lost my business for the reasons I mentioned earlier.
While I have seen only two employees working in QT when I have gone there I have never had to wait more than a minute or two at the check out. One thing I have noticed is that one employee will have two counters open at once to speed service up.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:38 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,790,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Yeah, I ate a bag of potato chips from QT once and gained 35 pounds. Just as long as you live a healthy lifestyle, eating this stuff once in a while won't kill you. If people want to get excited about QT coming to this area then I say let them. It's not hurting you.
No one ever said anything about not letting people get excited. It's just that such excitement says something about people.

But it does influence me. All the lard asses around the here cost me money. It costs more for their health care, which makes my health insurance cost more. That's pretty simple to understand.

And, there's a large percentage of people who eat this crap every single day. In fact, fast food is the mainstay of their diet. And that affects everyone in a negative way.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:46 AM

4,213 posts, read 6,902,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
I'm with ya. It boggles my mind that this thread has gone on for 27 pages. I think the interest in these type of places says a lot about our society, and in a negative way. They sell crap. There's nothing in these places of any value. Just crap. And people are falling over themselves critiquing and parsing these places? I just do not get it.

I disagree that their stuff is overpriced, though. It's dirt cheap crap they sell.
Glad someone else agrees

I guess my "overpriced" comment was mainly aimed at packaged items (snacks, drinks, medicine, etc.). They are cheap items, but overpriced compared to getting the same stuff at a grocery store or target and bringing it yourself in the car if you're really going to want something like that. That's all I meant.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:54 PM

9,495 posts, read 9,809,471 times
Looks like a new QT is coming to Hwy 101 and I-85 near the Marathon. There is a temporary sign that was just put up mentioning that QT is now hiring and the sign is on a empty parcel of land.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:28 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,232,811 times
QT will give Spinx competition in that area. Hopefully more things will come to I-85 exit 60.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:06 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,809,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
QT will give Spinx competition in that area. Hopefully more things will come to I-85 exit 60.
I'm not 100% sure that they are building one there, but sure seems like it with the sign. Was hoping someone had "inside" info on this. I'll try to take a picture on the way home today (if it ever stops raining!!).

Old 01-17-2013, 07:40 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,521,264 times
Grading has been ongoing at W Butler Rd in Mauldin and a trailer was delivered yesterday. This is gonna be messy for awhile with all this rain we've gotten this week. How are the lakes?

Old 01-17-2013, 11:56 AM

684 posts, read 1,185,979 times
So does QT have a higher rate for using credit cards?

(It's 5% cash back on chase currently)

Old 01-17-2013, 12:08 PM

826 posts, read 1,125,495 times
Cash and credit are the same price at QT. Pretty much why I never to go to Spinx, I have no idea what the credit price is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area