Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2014, 07:05 AM

148 posts, read 222,217 times

Advertisements

I just called them and they answered the phone and said they were not closing for good. They will be reopen in 3 weeks! Whew!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2014, 09:26 AM

285 posts, read 457,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenvilleCityGirl View Post
I just called them and they answered the phone and said they were not closing for good. They will be reopen in 3 weeks! Whew!
Good!

Old 08-01-2014, 10:10 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,818,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydy989 View Post
Bob Evans Restaurants sold Mimi's Cafe because it was a financial drain on the company. Bob Evans Restaurants are doing very well!
Still too bad about Greenville's Mimi's, I thought it was good there, yet several locations were closed in July. Wouldn't mind seeing Bob Evans back in our area.

Speaking of breakfast places, I've always wondered why we don't see more Denny's in the Greenville area, since the corporate HQ is in Spartanburg.

Last edited by USNRET04; 08-01-2014 at 10:21 AM..

Old 08-01-2014, 10:18 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
Default Denny's

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Still too bad about Greenville's Mimi's, I thought it was good there. Wouldn't mind seeing corporate parent Bob Evans back in our area.

Speaking of breakfast places, I've always wondered why we don't see more Denny's in the Greenville area, since the corporate HQ is in Spartanburg.
Denny's should have more locations than the five stores presently open in Anderson, Blacksburg, Boiling Springs, Greenville and Spartanburg. Duncan had a busy location for years before it closed in 2011. Greenwood, Landrum and Seneca also had locations years ago. If Waffle House and International House of Pancakes can open new locations, so can Denny's.

Old 08-01-2014, 10:43 AM

723 posts, read 1,149,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenvilleCityGirl View Post
The Two Chefs to Go web site reports that they "...expect to re-open after Labor Day." That's at least four weeks away.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:43 AM

690 posts, read 1,146,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Denny's should have more locations than the five stores presently open in Anderson, Blacksburg, Boiling Springs, Greenville and Spartanburg. Duncan had a busy location for years before it closed in 2011. Greenwood, Landrum and Seneca also had locations years ago. If Waffle House and International House of Pancakes can open new locations, so can Denny's.
Reason we don't see more is because Denny's is now a franchise model. They do not own any corporate stores anymore (or very little). So we need folks with $$ to open up a new franchise for Denny's...in Greer.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:44 AM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Wow.. The Clarion (Formerly Holiday Inn) on Augusta Rd was condemned.. So, they're closed.

That is an old hotel, but I thought it was in decent shape.. At least, better than the Camelot across the way and the Economy Inn up the road from it.

TripAdvisor shows I am apparently mistaken.

Old 08-01-2014, 08:31 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
Default Clarion Inn, 4295 Augusta Road, Greenville, SC 29605-1320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Wow.. The Clarion (Formerly Holiday Inn) on Augusta Rd was condemned.. So, they're closed.

That is an old hotel, but I thought it was in decent shape.. At least, better than the Camelot across the way and the Economy Inn up the road from it.

TripAdvisor shows I am apparently mistaken.
Augusta Road can use hotels that are constantly well kept and not a magnet for long-term residential solutions and criminal activity. The condemnation should be an alarm for nearby hotels to improve or shut down.

Old 08-08-2014, 06:43 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,396,067 times
Quote:
If a Jack in the Box had to close, the Greer store should be first in line. Unfortunately, fast food options in east Greer are limited to it and Hardee's.
The signs have been removed from the building and the road at that location, and it appears to be closed. There's a Pete's Drive In between the Hardee's and this location.

Old 08-08-2014, 11:08 AM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Augusta Road can use hotels that are constantly well kept and not a magnet for long-term residential solutions and criminal activity. The condemnation should be an alarm for nearby hotels to improve or shut down.

From what I understand.. I asked someone about this a few weeks ago.. The former Park Inn that's at I-85 and White Horse Rd, right along the Frontage Rd is now some kind of residential treatment facility.

25 years ago, when I was active in that area.. The Holiday Inn was a very nice hotel.. The Camelot across the street was a 'budget' motel.. One of those places I might have stayed a night in a pinch.. The Motel 6 was basically new..

The "Economy Inn" on Augusta was a dump, and still is, but was branded differently.. Days Inn, I believe. The "Econo Suites" wasn't even built.. The Trio(?) on church st was a Ramada Inn.. The Quality Inn on Pleasantburg where the woman blew up recently was a Ramada as well.. The.. I don't know what it is over on Mauldin Rd was a Best Western and where all the visiting teams that were playing the G-Braves stayed.. I used to work at the Domino's that used to be on Augusta Rd when I was going to college, so, got real familiar with the hotels.. Still have a large number of totally worthless autographs that i'd trade the ballplayers for a few bucks off their pizza. All the good players of the day were ON the G-Braves, not playing them.

Then there was what is now the Comfort Inn at Church/Mills and Augusta.. That place was a dump.. Torn down and rebuilt and it's a dump again from what I hear.

Further down Augusta Rd towards Moonville and all.. You had the King's Court motel which we referred to as the last hotel in Greenville with hourly rates.. And even further down, you had.. Some hotel that is basically across the street from The Matrix up on a hill.. Rundown, but still functional.

At that time.. The Holiday Inn was the gold star hotel on that side of town. In fact, the only hotels better than it in town might have been the Ramada on Church st and without question, the Hyatt downtown.. Hilton would have to be in that list, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area