Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2014, 07:02 PM

37 posts, read 52,192 times

Advertisements

Jack in the Box stores have the ugliest architecture and all that red is obnoxious. I wouldn't doubt if that hurt them some too. What is up with some of these retail/restaurants that don't try to make their stores somewhat visually appealing.

I don't ever see anybody at Hardees restaurants when I go. Never understood how they make it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2014, 08:56 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,650,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Wendy's has tried the Pelham Road community and failed. I do not know why they would want to return.
I thought it was mainly because of the poor Parkway location??

What should go in? Any thoughts?

Definitely need a new lunch place to move in.

Old 07-26-2014, 08:58 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,530,954 times
A bird told me Coach House is coming to the Woodruff Rd. location that was formerly Mimi's!

Old 07-26-2014, 09:31 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
Default Jack in the Box #6411, Milestone Plaza, 3709 Pelham Road, Greenville, SC 29615-5010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastermaster83 View Post
Id love for the JOKE IN THE BOX in five forks to close and something better move in. I think Ive eaten there maybe twice, services was junk and the food was horrible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aok7 View Post
Jack in the Box stores have the ugliest architecture and all that red is obnoxious. I wouldn't doubt if that hurt them some too. What is up with some of these retail/restaurants that don't try to make their stores somewhat visually appealing.

I don't ever see anybody at Hardees restaurants when I go. Never understood how they make it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
I thought it was mainly because of the poor Parkway location??

What should go in? Any thoughts?

Definitely need a new lunch place to move in.
If a Jack in the Box had to close, the Greer store should be first in line. Unfortunately, fast food options in east Greer are limited to it and Hardee's.

Cook-Out is not on Pelham Road yet. It will change very quickly.

Old 07-26-2014, 09:52 PM

17,587 posts, read 15,266,523 times
Hardee's makes it on breakfast. They would be smart to go to a "You can get breakfast all day" model. I've never understood why they don't do that. Especially when they had chicken years ago.. They were making biscuits all day. Its night and day (literally) going into a Hardee's at breakfast time vs dinner time.

Hardee's has done quite a bit of shuttering of underperforming units, and upgrading older locations which they needed to do. The purchase of them by CKE was the best thing that could have happened. 2 of them in Spartanburg.. #2, which was the 'old style' unit and I think it was #7 that was up in BS by the old Flagstar building.. Those units did nothing. The only reason they were kept open was because one was right next to Flagstar and the other was Richardson's first Hardee's.

They've also done quite a bit of good work on fixing the menu as well. Bringing back the char-broiled burgers made a big difference. Quality is much better than it was 15 years ago.

Old 07-26-2014, 10:13 PM

180 posts, read 341,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
A bird told me Coach House is coming to the Woodruff Rd. location that was formerly Mimi's!
Sounds good! It's nice to see a local breakfast/American food restaurant coming to woodruff road.

Old 07-27-2014, 06:39 PM

4,601 posts, read 6,020,781 times
Quote:
Wendy's has tried the Pelham Road community and failed. I do not know why they would want to return.
I don't think they failed there. It was always extremely busy when I worked in that area. I had heard Michelin bought that Wendys property along with the former Cafeteria to eliminate the extra traffic and make their entrance safer.

Old 07-27-2014, 07:14 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I don't think they failed there. It was always extremely busy when I worked in that area. I had heard Michelin bought that Wendys property along with the former Cafeteria to eliminate the extra traffic and make their entrance safer.
Wendy's may have been busy as Michelin associates would walk over for lunch. Accessibility into and out of Wendy's has been difficult.

Michelin currently uses the former J&S Cafeteria for offices.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:54 AM

1 posts, read 2,017 times
Quote:
I wonder if the Greenville location's closing is isolated, or if additional locations in other states have closed.

Mimi's Cafe was once owned by Bob Evans Restaurants, which experienced financial difficulty nearly a decade ago.
Bob Evans Restaurants sold Mimi's Cafe because it was a financial drain on the company. Bob Evans Restaurants are doing very well!

Old 08-01-2014, 07:00 AM

285 posts, read 457,499 times
Two Chefs 2 Go on Pelham was supposedly closing on July 31 for a three week renovation, but there was a message on their FB last night thanking Greenville for 15 years. Their FB has now been removed. I hate this, the food was alway fresh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area