Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2018, 08:29 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,650,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
They already are with two stores under construction in Greenville. Excited for them to open. I doubt HT wants many of BI-LO's stores since they usually expand with new construction.
Some locations might be good for them though, even if they tear it down to the studs. A good one would be the Bilo on Pelham. I think they would complement Walmart and Earth Fare pretty well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 08:50 PM

4,602 posts, read 6,020,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
Some locations might be good for them though, even if they tear it down to the studs. A good one would be the Bilo on Pelham. I think they would complement Walmart and Earth Fare pretty well.
True. HT seems to favor locations in higher income areas. They may be interested in that Woodruff Rd slot too if it's a complete re-do even though that area is saturated with grocers.

I read in the Greenville News article BI-LO's 3 year plan is to do "stunning" remodels in a significant portion of their remaining footprint.

Old 03-15-2018, 09:00 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,212,747 times
ScGuy89, I'm sure you are being metaphorical about the "down to the studs" comment.The Winn Dixie in Mauldin that was not that old, was torn down so publix could build another square concrete box of about the same size in the same spot.I clearly don't understand the economics of this real estate.Isn't one square box pretty much the same as another, obviously not.

Old 03-15-2018, 09:09 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,451,557 times
Quote:
They already are with two stores under construction in Greenville. Excited for them to open. I doubt HT wants many of BI-LO's stores since they usually expand with new construction.
I know, I was referring to the entire Upstate. I wasn't saying they should take over Bilo's either. HT is one of my favorites and a clear step, or two, or three, above Bilo.

Old 03-15-2018, 11:32 PM

723 posts, read 1,150,060 times
Quote:
True. HT seems to favor locations in higher income areas. They may be interested in that Woodruff Rd slot too if it's a complete re-do even though that area is saturated with grocers.
I don't think the Woodruff Road Bi-Lo location is big enough for an HT, unless they take over some of the adjacent real estate.

Old 03-16-2018, 12:04 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
Quote:
T
I read in the Greenville News article BI-LO's 3 year plan is to do "stunning" remodels in a significant portion of their remaining footprint.
I think these "stunning" remodels would be closed stores or stores divested to competitors.

Old 03-16-2018, 06:18 AM

4,602 posts, read 6,020,781 times
I have a feeling many of these locations will just sit empty and dark for some time. The closed Easley BI-LO is still empty after all this time. Some of them have become thrift stores.

Old 03-16-2018, 07:31 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,100,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Drove by Risata tonight and they were closed on a Friday night at 9pm. There was so much buzz when they opened.
Drove by again tonight and saw one of those yellow alcohol license application posted on the door. The applicant was Roma Invictus LLC. I think there's a way to look up llc's and see what the new restaurants actual name is, but i don't know how to do it. One would assume by the name it's going to be another Italian restaurant.

Old 03-17-2018, 09:02 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,074,863 times
Quote:
I have a feeling many of these locations will just sit empty and dark for some time. The closed Easley BI-LO is still empty after all this time. Some of them have become thrift stores.
I took a long time to get the one filled in Taylors. The Habitat for Humanity recently opened there. Hopefully, someone will come along that is useful

Old 03-18-2018, 05:54 AM

428 posts, read 362,838 times
The Easley Bi Lo has been vacant for a while
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area