Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2023, 02:19 PM

17,568 posts, read 15,232,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
As bad as the service, and apparent lack of good managment as the yare almost always out of something when we go, I wont in the least bit be surprised, and quite frankly I cant see how Applebees has hung on for so long. That place has gotten horrid! I would love to see Longhorn and/or Texas Roadhouse and Olive Garden come in to Simpsonville.

That O'Charley's in Greenwood was awful. At least, it was 10-15 years ago.. When I'd go down to Abbeville and take my grandmother out, we'd kinda rotate between the various things in Greenwood.. and.. We made it to O'Charleys maybe twice before both of us decided to take that place out of the rotation.

And, our standards weren't high to start with. She loved getting out of the house and I liked being able to spend time with her and make sure that she at least got ONE good meal a week. So, it's not like we were snobby about the food.

Is it me, or does the supposed Outback in Simpsonville seem to have hit a stopping point? It seems nothing has happened on site for over a month
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2023, 02:57 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,010,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
That O'Charley's in Greenwood was awful. At least, it was 10-15 years ago.. When I'd go down to Abbeville and take my grandmother out, we'd kinda rotate between the various things in Greenwood.. and.. We made it to O'Charleys maybe twice before both of us decided to take that place out of the rotation.
Agreed the quality and service in many of these casual dining chains is really hit or miss lately.

I think it has more to do with financials and "industry challenges as a whole" as they describe it. After a search a number of locations closed today in other states as well.

Old 08-21-2023, 03:32 PM

5,671 posts, read 5,871,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

And, our standards weren't high to start with. She loved getting out of the house and I liked being able to spend time with her and make sure that she at least got ONE good meal a week. So, it's not like we were snobby about the food.

Is it me, or does the supposed Outback in Simpsonville seem to have hit a stopping point? It seems nothing has happened on site for over a month
I havent been by there but twice since they started so I dont know how much has been done but it seems to be a trend now to rush getting the work started, and then sits there for a while before work begins again around here.

Old 08-23-2023, 01:43 PM

It's being reported on several news sites and facebook posts that Fatz Cafe has filed bankruptcy and closed all their locations Wednesday.

Old 08-23-2023, 02:00 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,781,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
It's being reported on several news sites and facebook posts that Fatz Cafe has filed bankruptcy and closed all their locations Wednesday.
Not surprising. They have really gone downhill over the past several years. They only had one location left in the GSP metro area.

Old 08-23-2023, 02:06 PM

428 posts, read 362,154 times
Fatz is indeed done. My brother's best friend is the head of IT. They were all laid off at noon today.

Old 08-23-2023, 02:10 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,781,346 times
I am hearing O Charley’s is about to completely go under also.

Old 08-23-2023, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Yep. My dad said they closed Greenwood and a bunch of locations in other states this week. I'm guessing Simpsonville is holding on for now. I haven't been to an O'charley's since the one across from Haywood Mall closed and became Copper River Grill.

Old 08-23-2023, 03:37 PM

17,568 posts, read 15,232,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzy_army View Post
Fatz is indeed done. My brother's best friend is the head of IT. They were all laid off at noon today.

Can't be a surprise. They've been struggling for 10+ years.

They were one of the places to go back in the 90's.. But.. From about 2003 forward.. Just a slow, steady decline.

We went to the one in Clinton over the summer while the boy was here.. It was HORRIBLE.

I've been to the one in Greenwood a fair number of times, and.. It was always pretty good, even when others were slack in their standards.

Funny enough.. Back in 1997 or 1998.. I interviewed for their IT position. That was back when there were only about 5 or 6 stores and it was basically a single person doing it all.

Old 08-24-2023, 07:40 AM

9,496 posts, read 9,807,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
It appears that they closed 18 stores in one day....91 staying open for now. Hopefully they will find a way to improve service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area