Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2014, 07:19 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,262,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillymiller123 View Post
it looks like Rosewood communities(cottage houses) is trying to apply for a rezoning for 13.35 acres at batesville/anderson ridge roads.
How many houses could fit on that site?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2014, 06:33 PM

180 posts, read 341,772 times
Looks like something new is coming to bilo at five forks. They are taking down things inside and have said in the mail to
expect a new shopping experience this fall in simpsonville

Old 04-29-2014, 07:11 PM

4,602 posts, read 6,022,762 times
Quote:
Looks like something new is coming to bilo at five forks. They are taking down things inside and have said in the mail to
Maybe they are converting to Winn Dixie.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Maybe they are converting to Winn Dixie.
I highly doubt Bi-Lo would be converting to Winn Dixie. Winn Dixie left for good in 2005.

I would like to question why Bi-Lo is sinking money into redecorating the store when acquiring nearly 180 stores from Delhaize America and Piggly Wiggly Carolina. There are many acquired stores that either need significant improves and upgrades or need to be closed for good. Bi-Lo stopped opening Super Bi-Lo stores in 2008. Unless the Super Bi-Lo banner is being revived, Bi-Lo is running around in circles.

Old 04-29-2014, 09:32 PM

4,602 posts, read 6,022,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I highly doubt Bi-Lo would be converting to Winn Dixie. Winn Dixie left for good in 2005.

I would like to question why Bi-Lo is sinking money into redecorating the store when acquiring nearly 180 stores from Delhaize America and Piggly Wiggly Carolina. There are many acquired stores that either need significant improves and upgrades or need to be closed for good. Bi-Lo stopped opening Super Bi-Lo stores in 2008. Unless the Super Bi-Lo banner is being revived, Bi-Lo is running around in circles.
That five forks store was renovated and rebranded to Super BI-LO just like Hwy 14 and Fairview Road wasn't it? Maybe they are trying some new secret concept.

I was half joking about converting it to Winn Dixie but I don't see why they don't go with one consistent name now for the whole company across the whole South like Publix. Looks like it would be cheaper and easier to run one website/ same print ads /same store labels ( WD's Chek sodas are now in BI-LO stores) etc. across the whole company and be one brand the larger WD which is still well known in Bi-Lo's footprint

Looks like the Sweetbay stores they acquired from Delhaise in Florida are getting converted to WD swiftly at minimal costs

How a Sweetbay becomes a Winn-Dixie in 4 days - Tampa Bay Business Journal

Old 04-29-2014, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
That five forks store was renovated and rebranded to Super BI-LO just like Hwy 14 and Fairview Road wasn't it? Maybe they are trying some new secret concept.

I was half joking about converting it to Winn Dixie but I don't see why they don't go with one consistent name now for the whole company across the whole South like Publix. Looks like it would be cheaper and easier to run one website/ same print ads /same store labels ( WD's Chek sodas are now in BI-LO stores) etc. across the whole company and be one brand the larger WD which is still well known in Bi-Lo's footprint

Looks like the Sweetbay stores they acquired from Delhaise in Florida are getting converted to WD swiftly at minimal costs

How a Sweetbay becomes a Winn-Dixie in 4 days - Tampa Bay Business Journal
These stores were Bi-Lo and converted to Super Bi-Lo:
5057 - Woodruff Road, Simpsonville
5150 - Pelham Road, Greenville
5256 - Pelzer
5273 - Woodruff Road, Greenville
5539 - Clemson
5624 - Fairview Road, Simpsonville

These stores opened as Super Bi-Lo replacing Bi-Lo stores:
5661 - South Carolina 14, Simpsonville (replaced Bi-Lo store 654)
5704 - Verdae Boulevard, Greenville (replaced Bi-Lo store 460)
5709 - South Carolina 24, Anderson (replaced Bi-Lo store 110)

Old 04-29-2014, 10:53 PM

180 posts, read 341,772 times
Maybe they are remodeling to look like the verdae bilo with hardwood floors, darker colors,etc

Old 04-29-2014, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Maybe they are remodeling to look like the verdae bilo with hardwood floors, darker colors,etc
It sounds more like redecorating than remodeling. Bi-Lo store 5057 underwent redecorating to become a Super Bi-Lo. It was not significant.

I wonder if Bi-Lo store 5273, the Super Bi-Lo on Woodruff Road at East Butler Road, may undergo a similar redecorating.

Old 05-01-2014, 07:41 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,364,544 times
While we still have Bi-Lo remaining here in Upstate SC, many of their stores in Rock Hill, Charlotte, and NC have been converted to Publix. I wonder how long they will struggle to hang on here. They have already merged with Winn-Dixie, and moved their headquarters to Jacksonville, Fla. And there is no more Bi-Lo Center. Perhaps only a matter of time before there is no more Bi-Lo remaining at all.

Old 05-01-2014, 08:21 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,294,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
While we still have Bi-Lo remaining here in Upstate SC, many of their stores in Rock Hill, Charlotte, and NC have been converted to Publix. I wonder how long they will struggle to hang on here. They have already merged with Winn-Dixie, and moved their headquarters to Jacksonville, Fla. And there is no more Bi-Lo Center. Perhaps only a matter of time before there is no more Bi-Lo remaining at all.
Bi-Lo would make a good case study for a business school to use on what not to do in business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area