Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2015, 09:31 AM

503 posts, read 694,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtmike View Post
I think that Jack does decent enough business that it is not going anywhere. I think it does fairly well at breakfast and lunch. The parking lot is generally pretty full at lunch on the weekdays with landscape, construction workers etc. Drive Thru always seems to have pretty steady business, not like McDonalds or Chick-fil-a busy, but still a pretty steady flow. I think most of their breakfast and dinner business comes from the drive thru and not dine in.

I don't see it going anywhere until they get more competition in the immediate Five Forks area, unless Jack pulls out of the upstate area altogether.

Honestly the place that I'm surprised is still open is Arbys. They always seem to look empty and don't serve breakfast.
Arbys is busy at lunch and dinner so I guess its just the opposite of jack in the box, I will say the service could be faster at arbys though. They are always really really slow getting the food out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 07:51 PM

684 posts, read 1,187,311 times
I don't want good restaurants in Five Forks. Less temptation.

Trader Joe's plz.

Old 01-08-2015, 05:59 AM

106 posts, read 150,203 times
2nd Wal-Mart neighborhood market for Simpsonville is planned for W. Georgia. Fresh Market it going in at Feaster and Woodruff. Would not be surprised to see a Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market at Lee Vaughn and Woodruff, a few miles past Five Forks.

Old 01-08-2015, 07:42 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,828,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandSpec2 View Post
2nd Wal-Mart neighborhood market for Simpsonville is planned for W. Georgia. Fresh Market it going in at Feaster and Woodruff. Would not be surprised to see a Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market at Lee Vaughn and Woodruff, a few miles past Five Forks.
Where did you get the W. Georgia info from? Would be nice to have but seems to close to each other since one is on SR 14 and a SuperCenter a few miles away off Fairview.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:04 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,270,970 times
Default Walmart Neighborhood Market in the Five Forks Area

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandSpec2 View Post
I would not be surprised to see Walmart Neighborhood Market open in the Five Forks area in the near future. An observation I notice is itts stores are opening up adjacent to or across its immediate competition in various trade areas. Walmart Neighborhood Market could open in proximity to Bi-Lo and Publix.

The West Georgia Road trade area should be able to accommodate additional supermarkets.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:07 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,828,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post

The West Georgia Road trade area should be able to accommodate additional supermarkets.
The land across from Food Lion adjacent to CVS would fit that profile. Since I live down that way I would be happy to see another grocery store.

Have my doubts until the previous poster can give us some more info.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:38 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,270,970 times
Default West Georgia Road, Simpsonville, South Carolina

Development along West Georgia Road has come up in several threads:

Old 01-08-2015, 02:38 PM

Yeah one for five forks area I could see or maybe in one of the old bloom locations at S14 or Bridges but I just don't see W Georgia rd as being somewhere they would open one with other stores closes by.

Old 01-09-2015, 10:22 AM

Sorry for the double post but I was looking at Gcgis and noticed that it has from Scuffletown to Bennets bridge on the list for Gpats right away widening of woodruff rd. I looked over a Gpats and they have woodruff road being widened this year between those two roads.

This got me thinking about those chickfila and walmart rumors again. What if they were to both be going together a little farther down but still right across from publix for all practical purposes.

Old 01-12-2015, 07:52 AM

1 posts, read 1,621 times
I am so disappointed with the lack of variety in dining in the Five Forks area. We counted 7 pizza joints in the five forks area the other day...I may even be missing a couple. Ridiculous. and they just keep opening. The only thing that every opens in this area is doctor/dentist offices, pizza joints, and now we will have not 1 but 2 memory care facilities coming to the Five Forks area within the next year or two. I mean is there really a market for this here??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area