Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2015, 01:49 AM

503 posts, read 693,614 times

Advertisements

They could possible go somewhere near where the new primrose school is going.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2015, 08:08 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,262,444 times
Default Chick-fil-A in the Five Forks Area

Chick-fil-A does not locate freestanding restaurants isolated from retail centers or other restaurants. If it opens in the Five Forks trade area, it should be in the area of Woodruff Road, Batesville Road, Five Forks Road and Scuffletown Road.

Old 01-06-2015, 09:20 AM

826 posts, read 1,126,762 times
The land next to CVS is up for sale. It could be a potential spot for Chick-fil-a or potentially the rumored QT. Another option for Chick-fila-a might be the vacant lot between the firestone and strip that has Joy of Tokyo. But given how busy most Chick-fil-a are around here, I would like to see it go somewhere that traffic light access.

It would be nice to see something happen to the old car dealership lot behind Walgreens as its a bit of eyesore, but it lacks the Woodruff Rd access and visibility that most businesses probably want.

Old 01-06-2015, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtmike View Post
The land next to CVS is up for sale. It could be a potential spot for Chick-fil-a or potentially the rumored QT. Another option for Chick-fila-a might be the vacant lot between the firestone and strip that has Joy of Tokyo. But given how busy most Chick-fil-a are around here, I would like to see it go somewhere that traffic light access.

It would be nice to see something happen to the old car dealership lot behind Walgreens as its a bit of eyesore, but it lacks the Woodruff Rd access and visibility that most businesses probably want.

Its so funny you said all this because I was just driving down woodruff today trying to figure out a place it could go and all those spots stood out to me. Personally I would love to see joke in the box go bye bye and someone build something there.

Old 01-06-2015, 08:58 PM

Default Jack in the Box #6405, Five Forks Plaza, 2609 Woodruff Road, Simpsonville, South Carolina 29681-4803

Is Jack in the Box #6405 doing much business these days? It has become difficult to drive farther for a healthy and delicious ultimate cheeseburger as several Greenville County area and upstate South Carolina market locations have closed over four years. If Jack in the Box #6405 closes, it should not take long for another quick service restaurant to express interest in the site.

Old 01-06-2015, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Is Jack in the Box #6405 doing much business these days? It has become difficult to drive farther for a healthy and delicious ultimate cheeseburger as several Greenville County area and upstate South Carolina market locations have closed over four years. If Jack in the Box #6405 closes, it should not take long for another quick service restaurant to express interest in the site.
I honestly don't know how it has stayed functional this long, I never seen anyone in the parking lot or the drive thru. I mean unless they are doing a crap ton of business overnight I cant see how they aren't on life support right now....I was wondering looking at the building if it was to be torn down could two fast food places be built on the lot if they rotated the building orientations.

Old 01-06-2015, 09:43 PM

Default Jack in the Box #6405, Five Forks Plaza, 2609 Woodruff Road, Simpsonville, South Carolina 29681-4803

I doubt Jack in the Box #6405's site could accommodate two separate freestanding restaurants. The site could be maximized to accommodate a larger building with more parking.

Old 01-07-2015, 02:04 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,364,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I too enjoy a good Ultimate Cheeseburger from Jack in the Box. But it does seem as if some of their stores have declined or closed in recent years which I am sorry to see. I still find good quality and service at their location on Pleasantburg near BJU. Hopefully things can improve at the Five Forks store. But I wouldn't mind if they decided to put a Roy Rogers there should they decide to close.

Old 01-07-2015, 02:05 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,364,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastermaster83 View Post
I honestly don't know how it has stayed functional this long, I never seen anyone in the parking lot or the drive thru. I mean unless they are doing a crap ton of business overnight I cant see how they aren't on life support right now....I was wondering looking at the building if it was to be torn down could two fast food places be built on the lot if they rotated the building orientations.
I believe Jack in the Box for some reason has been more successful in the Charlotte market than here in Upstate SC.

Old 01-07-2015, 08:02 AM

826 posts, read 1,126,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastermaster83 View Post
I think that Jack does decent enough business that it is not going anywhere. I think it does fairly well at breakfast and lunch. The parking lot is generally pretty full at lunch on the weekdays with landscape, construction workers etc. Drive Thru always seems to have pretty steady business, not like McDonalds or Chick-fil-a busy, but still a pretty steady flow. I think most of their breakfast and dinner business comes from the drive thru and not dine in.

I don't see it going anywhere until they get more competition in the immediate Five Forks area, unless Jack pulls out of the upstate area altogether.

Honestly the place that I'm surprised is still open is Arbys. They always seem to look empty and don't serve breakfast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area