Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 07:12 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times

Advertisements

I have not been to an A&W recently. Are they still co-branded with Long John Silver's?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2014, 08:11 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL fan View Post
Yes that would be a great idea a Ingles would be great in the old Steve and Berrys
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL fan View Post
At the old Wendy's on Haywood Rd i would like to see a , AW , at the old Arby's tear it down and put a DQ , at the old Steve and Berrys's I would like to see a Hanes Outlet , at the TJ Max i would like to see a ,Converese Shoe store at the golf store behind the Haywood Mall I would like to see a toy store
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I have not been to an A&W recently. Are they still co-branded with Long John Silver's?
When does Hanes become more exciting than Ingle's?

Not all Long John Silver's are co-branded with A&W.

Old 05-13-2014, 02:34 PM

Years ago A&W used to be more of a sit down diner more similar to Denny's. Today's version was revived by Yum Brands in the current fast food format. Many are now co-branded with Long John Silver's and KFC.

Old 05-13-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Years ago A&W used to be more of a sit down diner more similar to Denny's. Today's version was revived by Yum Brands in the current fast food format. Many are now co-branded with Long John Silver's and KFC.
Both Long John Silver's and A&W brands were spun off from Yum! Brands. Any A&W combination with KFC, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell and WingStreet no longer exists.

Old 05-13-2014, 07:19 PM

5 posts, read 7,328 times
I have been reading this long thread for sometime regarding the Old Wendy's on Haywood Rd. Rumor is that a concept that I have never heard of or been to by the name of Tijuana Flats is coming in. This is not an endorsement or advertisement. Just a post about a new food concept coming to Haywood Rd.

Old 05-13-2014, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Wendys going going gone. New development for that site. Nice to see on Haywood
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlc124 View Post
I have been reading this long thread for sometime regarding the Old Wendy's on Haywood Rd. Rumor is that a concept that I have never heard of or been to by the name of Tijuana Flats is coming in. This is not an endorsement or advertisement. Just a post about a new food concept coming to Haywood Rd.
Nothing will be going into the former Wendy's now that it is demolished.

The site plan vistatiger shared calls for an detached structure adjacent to Haverty's that includes 3,600 square feet for retail and 2,400 square feet for a restaurant.

Haverty's is realigning its driveway to the signalized intersection with The Gallery. This will help with automobile traffic getting in and out of Haverty's, but it will not accommodate commercial trucks that utilize the other driveway on Haywood Road to get in and use an alley to Old Airport Road to exit. I would advise an angled throughfare between Haverty's and a new structure on the former Wendy's site to accomodate commercial trucks making deliveries.

With Arby's closed, it would make sense to acquire that site, demolish Arby's and locate the new structure there.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:23 PM

I wonder why the fast food business seems to be declining on Haywood Rd. And if a non-food establishment will replace the Wendy's spot. We shall see. Still awaiting official word on definitive plans for this site. And on another note, I have concerns regarding the OP of this thread, as we have not heard from the ATL Fan in several days. His comments and suggestions were interesting and stimulated discussion. And his entertaining and insightful contributions are missed. Hope he will soon return.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:39 PM

Quote:
I wonder why the fast food business seems to be declining on Haywood Rd. And if a non-food establishment will replace the Wendy's spot. We shall see. Still awaiting official word on definitive plans for this site.
Sales, service and quality may have not been high enough to keep Wendy's and Arby's profitable and in business. Accessibility was an issue as it was difficult to enter and exit both businesses.

Burger King, being the only burger chain on Haywood Road, and Chick-fil-A are constantly busy.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:28 AM

I am pleased to hear that Burger King will soon be offering their burgers for breakfast. Hopefully in this area.

Old 05-16-2014, 01:24 PM

672 posts, read 1,417,747 times
Quote:
Years ago, in Illinois, A&W was a drive-in, like Sonic. We went a lot as a family. We'd also grab a jug of authentic A&W root beer. That stuff was for real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area