Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2016, 04:58 PM

17,575 posts, read 15,247,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
The only 7/11s I remember were the one on Georgia Rd in Simpsonville, the building I think is still there, and the one that use to be in Laurens across from the Miliken plant, which IIRC burned down and the "Rapid Stop" was built there, OR it was on the corner beside McDonalds. Wife said there was one in Clinton. They eventually became Fast Fares, which turned into Lil Crickets. The Pantry was rebranded Kaper House. Those were everywhere, but the main ones I recall were in Woodruff, and one in FT Inn, which was bought by my old boss and turned into offices. The old Kaper House signs were still in the back when the state demolished the building.
I *THINK* this used to be one in Abbeville. https://goo.gl/maps/hPapqdfB6AJ2 Was certainly a Fast Fare

And this little, what's now a restaurant apparently.. https://goo.gl/maps/LgqNbW2vhzj

In Due West.

Old 01-12-2016, 03:31 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times
I am glad to see 7-11 return, but certainly in this area QT is now considered the nicer store. And Spinx is upgrading as a result. Would be nice to get a Wawa, but that doesn't seem likely.

Old 01-12-2016, 10:04 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Default 201 South Main Street, Due West, South Carolina 29639-9557

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
And this little, what's now a restaurant apparently.. https://goo.gl/maps/LgqNbW2vhzj

In Due West.
This was formerly The Pantry with BP branded fuel products. It was most recently Theo's. Irene's Cuisine of Due West is the current restaurant.

Old 01-12-2016, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
This was formerly The Pantry with BP branded fuel products. It was most recently Theo's. Irene's Cuisine of Due West is the current restaurant.
Yes, however.. I'm talking before it was the Pantry.. Late 70's.

Used to spend alot of time in Due West.. Living in Abbeville.. My grandmother would get her hair done at the beauty parlor that, I believe, is now a sub shop or something there right across the street from it.

Old 01-12-2016, 08:39 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Yes, however.. I'm talking before it was the Pantry.. Late 70's.

Used to spend alot of time in Due West.. Living in Abbeville.. My grandmother would get her hair done at the beauty parlor that, I believe, is now a sub shop or something there right across the street from it.
I never thought about getting my hair done at Due West Supply Company. Garden tools and power equipment are useful as a brush, a comb, and scissors.

Old 01-13-2016, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I never thought about getting my hair done at Due West Supply Company. Garden tools and power equipment are useful as a brush, a comb, and scissors.
Other corner

https://goo.gl/maps/oVUFRsiqXUT2

Looks like it's some kind of BBQ/Bakery place now, or, at least was in 2013.

That hardware store has been there for ages.. At least since the 70's.

Old 01-13-2016, 11:29 AM

292 posts, read 344,494 times
Magnolia Park to get 'Flex Mex' restaurant

Tin Lizzy's coming to Greenville

Magnolia Park to get 'Flex Mex' restaurant

Old 01-13-2016, 12:06 PM

1,845 posts, read 2,763,213 times
Sushi Yama now open at 319 N Main St, Travelers Rest - right off the Swamp Rabbit Trail somewhere between Duke's Doggs and TReats.

Old 01-13-2016, 01:35 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeoid View Post
Sushi Yama now open at 319 N Main St, Travelers Rest - right off the Swamp Rabbit Trail somewhere between Duke's Doggs and TReats.
Also noticed a new Tutti Frutti yogurt place in downtown TR in the vacant drugstore space being subdivided. Looks like the chains are now making their way to DT TR.

Old 01-14-2016, 01:23 PM

446 posts, read 415,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I am glad to see 7-11 return, but certainly in this area QT is now considered the nicer store. And Spinx is upgrading as a result. Would be nice to get a Wawa, but that doesn't seem likely.
Wawa. LOL. I used to, and still do, think that is one of the dumbest names for a convenience store. Growing up in the Philly area, I remember them well, but only was just recently reminded watching an episode of The Goldbergs (which takes place in the suburbs of Philly).

That said, I think they are only based in the Pennsylvania/New Jersey/Delaware area....maybe a few in Maryland. So doubt we'll ever see one here in the Upstate.

And I agree QT is far nicer. I also wonder if they are hurting Spinx, particularly with their cash pricing model. With a QT and Spinx across the street from one another, I always see a LOT more people at QT, which almost always has the same price with credit.

I understand the reasoning behind the whole cash/credit thing with service fees, but I will readily admit that I never go to Spinx specifically for this reason. I think it's an outdated business model (even including any "rewards" programs they have).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area