Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2017, 05:18 PM

5,671 posts, read 5,871,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Are we sure this is the correct location for Panda Express? Because Freddy's appears to still be open. Have not heard they were closing down. Where is ATL Fan when we need him?
They were still open Saturday night.

Old 04-25-2017, 03:25 PM

428 posts, read 362,154 times
Bucks - Rack N' Ribs now open at old Platinum Plus location. Damn, I remember going to opening night at platinum. I was allowed in except I was only 19 and not allowed to drink.

Old 04-25-2017, 03:39 PM

17,567 posts, read 15,232,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzy_army View Post
Bucks - Rack N' Ribs now open at old Platinum Plus location. Damn, I remember going to opening night at platinum. I was allowed in except I was only 19 and not allowed to drink.
Seriously? I go by there every day and last I noticed, which wasn't more than a week ago.. The Platinum Plus road sign was still up. The building sign was gone, but the road sign was still there.

Old 04-25-2017, 03:44 PM

428 posts, read 362,154 times
Looks like a Hooters type place possibly? I didn't think they'd let another strip club in there. Even if it primarily was a food establishment. 'Bucks Racks and Ribs' opening in place of former Platinum Plus - FOX Carolina 21

Old 04-25-2017, 05:37 PM

503 posts, read 692,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
They were still open Saturday night.
I contacted them directly on facebook and they said the rumors are untrue and they are here to stay so idk what is up. Maybe panda express has the wrong address on their construction documents.

Old 04-25-2017, 06:07 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,010,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastermaster83 View Post
I contacted them directly on facebook and they said the rumors are untrue and they are here to stay so idk what is up. Maybe panda express has the wrong address on their construction documents.
The project description has "remodel of the former Freddy's drive thru" on the front page.

http://ldiline.com/projects/?p=190160

Old 04-25-2017, 06:21 PM

7,258 posts, read 4,625,981 times
I don't believe a chain restaurant would tell anyone it's closing until last minute (food/service concerns). But for this to move forward Panda Express would have to know its closing somehow and they don't appear to be related business wise any unless the property owner knows. Link above says bids due April 26 so I guess we'll know a date soon enough!

Old 04-25-2017, 06:41 PM

503 posts, read 692,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoma View Post
I don't believe a chain restaurant would tell anyone it's closing until last minute (food/service concerns). But for this to move forward Panda Express would have to know its closing somehow and they don't appear to be related business wise any unless the property owner knows. Link above says bids due April 26 so I guess we'll know a date soon enough!

Oh I agree, I just wanted to see what they would say and now I sent them the plans and called them out on it to see if they would fess up, which I doubt they will. If they close then that is like what the 6th or 7th place to fail in this location.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:19 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,010,765 times
Quote:
Oh I agree, I just wanted to see what they would say and now I sent them the plans and called them out on it to see if they would fess up, which I doubt they will. If they close then that is like what the 6th or 7th place to fail in this location.
Just a couple since Jack in the Box was there. Jack in the Box actually lasted quite a while despite having 2 other locations very close by on Congaree and Laurens Rd. I think its a great location with the light to exit. Just going to take the right business.

Panda Express will do very well. Hardly ever see a quick Chinese restaurant close and ever notice they are the last to go in a dying mall food court because they are the only thing drawing traffic and making money.

The Verizon store on White Horse Rd and The Taco Bell on Pelham are two of the best uses I have seen for closed Jack-in the Box locations.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:22 PM

3,549 posts, read 6,662,165 times
Quote:
I doubt that the management or employees even know to be able to "fess up". I've spent most of the last 25 years around the industry, and must people at the store level don't know the store is closing until the day it happens (usually when an owner or closing team shows up to lock the doors).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area