Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2017, 07:16 PM

69 posts, read 73,668 times

Advertisements

Hwy 55 in Taylors is open. Be warned Andy's Special is not like a small 5 Guys so a double is a ridiculous amount for an average appetite. It is 5.5 ounces of meat. Seat yourself. Just what we expected. 11AM to 9PM

Old 05-12-2017, 11:39 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,810,780 times
A friend and I went to Hwy 55 on Wade Hampton earlier this week. The place is cute with its 50s style diner look, but we were not impressed with the food and found it super annoying a waitress stopped by the table every few minutes to ask if we needed anything, wanted a drink refill or were ready for our checks.

There are a variety of toppings available for your burger, but they skimped on the amount of them. I had asked for grilled mushrooms and onions. They put the mushrooms on one side of the bun and the onions under the burger on the other side.

I thought it was great that you get a half/half order of fries and onion rings. The fries were basic crinkle cut fries with little flavor, and the onion rings were not good.

We didn't try a shake, and I wasn't sure how much three scoops of frozen custard would be, so I ordered two scoops of custard in a cup and paid 50 cents extra for a topping. It turned out that a scoop isn't that big.

Aside from the unimpressive food, the noise level was very high. We both agreed we likely wouldn't go back.

Old 05-12-2017, 08:23 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,180,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzy_army View Post
Looks like a Hooters type place possibly? I didn't think they'd let another strip club in there. Even if it primarily was a food establishment. 'Bucks Racks and Ribs' opening in place of former Platinum Plus - FOX Carolina 21
Seems trouble already at this place. Two citations written to the owner and a female employee today, per the news:

Deputies: Two citations issued during compliance check at new re - FOX Carolina 21

Guess it's hard for a leopard to change it's spots, or not to show too many spots?

Old 05-13-2017, 11:06 AM

5,490 posts, read 8,320,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post

Seems trouble already at this place. Two citations written to the owner and a female employee today, per the news:

Deputies: Two citations issued during compliance check at new re - FOX Carolina 21

Guess it's hard for a leopard to change it's spots, or not to show too many spots?
I don't understand the issue. There are at least three other strip clubs in Greenville that are completely topless. I'm tired of hearing about it really. Cities have clubs. This ain't Mayberry.

Old 05-13-2017, 01:19 PM

428 posts, read 362,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMRE View Post
I don't understand the issue. There are at least three other strip clubs in Greenville that are completely topless. I'm tired of hearing about it really. Cities have clubs. This ain't Mayberry.
The Rumors I heard are that Greenville Hospital system is been trying to get that spot.

Old 05-13-2017, 04:09 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Quote:
The Rumors I heard are that Greenville Hospital system is been trying to get that spot.
I don't see why? They still have vacant land next to their campus close to Orchard Park. There is also a couple of office buildings and St. Francis Hospital between their campus and that spot so it's not like it's next door.

Old 05-14-2017, 01:09 AM

5,490 posts, read 8,320,612 times
Quote:
If they wanted it I'm sure they could make the owner a handsome offer and he'll accept. I don't think they want it. I think it's a cross between the self-righteous and other clubs that don't want it there. In my experience, the self-righteous have done more harm and the other clubs probably just don't want the competition.

Old 05-15-2017, 06:51 AM

321 posts, read 406,716 times
Site prep underway at the SW corner of W Georgia Rd and Kemet Way/N Industrial Dr. in Simpsonville.

Anyone know what's going here?

Old 05-15-2017, 09:56 AM

428 posts, read 362,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMRE View Post
If they wanted it I'm sure they could make the owner a handsome offer and he'll accept. I don't think they want it. I think it's a cross between the self-righteous and other clubs that don't want it there. In my experience, the self-righteous have done more harm and the other clubs probably just don't want the competition.
Well first it's a rumor. Second, why would they want to make him a handsome offer when they can have Greenville county shut down the guy's business? Then give the building such a bad reputation that no other business wants go there.

Old 05-15-2017, 02:53 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Well first it's a rumor. Second, why would they want to make him a handsome offer when they can have Greenville county shut down the guy's business? Then give the building such a bad reputation that no other business wants go there.
They did that.

The building has basically been vacant since July of last year.

So.. If that was their plan.. It basically worked. They just didn't follow through.

I don't think they're looking at the land. I don't think that restaurant will succeed and I think it'll be vacant again here within the next 6 months. But if they really wanted it, they would have made a play for it last year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area