Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2013, 01:53 PM

1,845 posts, read 2,763,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Do you know where this exact location is?
Other than the address, it's in the Landmark Pkaza strip mall next to Country Boy's and across the street from Goodwill.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:19 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Do you mean Korean BBQ isn't good?

He gave the address. Not sure how you can get more exact than that, exactly.

There's a useful website called google maps. You type in an address and it shows you on a digital map where that address is. You can even get a ground-level view of that place from the street. Pretty cool. You should check it out.
No, Korean BBQ isn't good. We have a few Korean friends around town and none of them is too fond of it. Kimchee is amazing, as good as the Korean restaurants that we used to eat at in California. I had never heard of google maps before. Thanks

Old 11-04-2013, 06:23 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolstuckinNC View Post
The other Korean BBQ place is actually fairly authentic for Greenville. My only complaint there was it was pretty pricey. $7.99 for lunch is a pretty great deal. Did you see the prices for the dinner menu? I wonder how extensive the menu is - I'd love to see a menu with appetizer portions of chap-chae, kim-bap, and some other favorites.

I haven't had Korean food since stopping at a place in "Koreatown" on the east side of Atlanta 6 months ago. I was the only American in the place there - they looked at me like I had 2 heads until I ordered in Korean and then I thought the waitress was going to fall over in shock.....
Yeah, K-Town in Atlanta is pretty awesome, that's where our Korean friend goes for her monthly trip. I didn't like Korean BBQ, thought their bulgogi was too sweet. The menu is extremely spartan; the food item is written in Korean, then English, then the price. The ladies were pretty proficient in English though. The full size order of Bulgogi was $12.99, but the lunch portion was plenty and as I said, it came with rice, kimchee and sprouts. It was amazing. They also have a full menu of Korean soups.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:46 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,791,565 times
Quote:
No, Korean BBQ isn't good. We have a few Korean friends around town and none of them is too fond of it. Kimchee is amazing, as good as the Korean restaurants that we used to eat at in California. I had never heard of google maps before. Thanks
You're welcome.

Quick question. What does someone's nationality have to do with their taste in food?

An awful lot of people love that place
Tasty Korean Bar-B-Q - Greenville | Urbanspoon

Old 11-05-2013, 01:57 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,291,914 times
Quote:
Yeah, K-Town in Atlanta is pretty awesome, that's where our Korean friend goes for her monthly trip. I didn't like Korean BBQ, thought their bulgogi was too sweet. The menu is extremely spartan; the food item is written in Korean, then English, then the price. The ladies were pretty proficient in English though. The full size order of Bulgogi was $12.99, but the lunch portion was plenty and as I said, it came with rice, kimchee and sprouts. It was amazing. They also have a full menu of Korean soups.
I would agree that their bulgogi was a tad too sweet. The pork BBQ is pretty good, though (much spicier). Their banchan (side dishes like kimchi, sprouts, etc.) are really good as well. I would have to say the current place behind Red Robin isn't the best Korean food I've had but it was far more than I expected in Greenville. Always thought the location behind a gas station was odd, though.

I'll have to give this new place a try soon and compare. Hopefully it measures up well to the places in Atlanta. I can dream that it will be as good as places in Seoul but that is really, really unlikely.

Korean soups - now there are some awesome Korean soups and stews for sure. I'm pretty easy to please, though. I was actually excited when Walmart started carrying Shin Ramen (Spicy Korean Brand).

Old 11-05-2013, 05:31 PM

5,593 posts, read 15,376,936 times
I always enjoyed Korean BBQ just off of Woodruff Road. Special thanks to a few of my dear friends in South Korea who talked the chef into preparing/cooking several authentic dishes not on the menu. They rated the restaurant very favorably.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:01 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,180,701 times
Went to the new Ollies today. Has anyonre else who's been there notice that the parking spaces are really small, even for small cars? Crazy to see just about every car over the line. Could barely get in and out cars are parked so close together!

Old 11-06-2013, 03:55 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Went to the new Ollies today. Has anyonre else who's been there notice that the parking spaces are really small, even for small cars? Crazy to see just about every car over the line. Could barely get in and out cars are parked so close together!
In 1974 when Kmart and Winn Dixie opened, vehicles were different and were able to fit in those parking spaces. Thirty nine years later, vehicles of today are not able to fit adequately.

As far as Ollie's and Planet Fitness opening less than a half year of Kmart closing is a quick turnaround.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:08 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
HuHot has been cancelled for Magnolia Park.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:54 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,180,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
In 1974 when Kmart and Winn Dixie opened, vehicles were different and were able to fit in those parking spaces. Thirty nine years later, vehicles of today are not able to fit adequately.

As far as Ollie's and Planet Fitness opening less than a half year of Kmart closing is a quick turnaround.
The parking lot was recently striped. You would think they would have fixed the problem, not keep it. It's pretty bad imho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area