Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2014, 08:50 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,445,360 times

Advertisements

Anderson had a Popeyes, or two, but they closed. Theyve been here but havent been able to last. I dont know if theyre currently interested in coming back.

Old 08-02-2014, 09:42 PM

183 posts, read 303,245 times
Lincolnton NC has one. I think there are more in Charlotte.

Old 08-03-2014, 09:40 AM

17,574 posts, read 15,243,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Anderson had a Popeyes, or two, but they closed. Theyve been here but havent been able to last. I dont know if theyre currently interested in coming back.
Anderson, Greenwood and Hendersonville were originally franchised Hardee's units. When Hardee's dropped chicken (Slightly before they actually did, but when they told franchisees they were doing it) that franchisee decided to break the franchise agreement with Hardee's and became Popeyes.

He lasted about 6 months to a year after that. Hardee's build new stores right next to his in Anderson. Across town in Greenwood, and in Hendersonville, just waited until he went out of business and moved right back into the building he had.

By franchised.. I guess I should clarify.. They were franchised by someone OTHER than Flagstar. Flagstar had massive areas that they were the franchisee.. Greenwood and Anderson were two pockets in the upstate where they weren't the franchisee. Then lower part of the state was Cale Yarborough.. They didn't have Charleston or the beach, either. Went as far south as Lawrenceville, GA, then had the Jacksonville area of Florida.. Most, if not all of Alabama.. Tennessee over to Nashville.. 85 corridor in North Carolina.

Old 08-04-2014, 12:04 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,353,822 times
Hardee's added the Roy Rogers fried chicken when they were both owned by Imasco Corp. of Canada. Spartanburg based Flagstar was the largest regional franchisee of Hardee's until sold to CKE by Carolina Panthers NFL owner Jerry Richardson. When Hardee's was sold to CKE/Carl's Jr, the fried chicken was dropped at most locations. Roy Rogers is now an independent chain now expanding again under new ownership by a former Marriott franchisee. The original Marriott fried chicken recipe at Roy Rogers was also known as Pappy Parker's chicken and was also served at Hot Shoppes and Bob's Big Boy.

Old 08-04-2014, 02:42 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,013,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Hardee's added the Roy Rogers fried chicken when they were both owned by Imasco Corp. of Canada. Spartanburg based Flagstar was the largest regional franchisee of Hardee's until sold to CKE by Carolina Panthers NFL owner Jerry Richardson. When Hardee's was sold to CKE/Carl's Jr, the fried chicken was dropped at most locations. Roy Rogers is now an independent chain now expanding again under new ownership by a former Marriott franchisee. The original Marriott fried chicken recipe at Roy Rogers was also known as Pappy Parker's chicken and was also served at Hot Shoppes and Bob's Big Boy.
Speaking of Greenwood and Big Boy- Shoney's closed this past week. It had been in Greenwood since 1975.

Old 08-04-2014, 03:24 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Default Shoney's, 218 Bypass 72 Northwest, Greenwood, SC 29649-1509

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Speaking of Greenwood and Big Boy- Shoney's closed this past week. It had been in Greenwood since 1975.
This would be a big deal being the last Shoney's in upstate South Carolina to close.

Old 08-05-2014, 06:51 AM

145 posts, read 174,632 times
So I went to Hollywood 20 this weekend. What's up with the two restaurants being built directly in front of the theater? That's seems like a nightmare parking situation, unless they plan on closing the theater. I don't know that I've ever seen a restaurant sitting in front of a movie theater, I mean within 10 feet. Just seems very odd.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:15 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Default Hollywood 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by easymacbb View Post
So I went to Hollywood 20 this weekend. What's up with the two restaurants being built directly in front of the theater? That's seems like a nightmare parking situation, unless they plan on closing the theater. I don't know that I've ever seen a restaurant sitting in front of a movie theater, I mean within 10 feet. Just seems very odd.
Hollywood 20 is not closing anytime soon. Excluding Camelot 7, Regal Cinemas does not have any competition and dominates Greenville County.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:29 AM

3,549 posts, read 6,663,367 times
Quote:
Some variation of those buildings have been on the site plan since the beginning.

Parking there will stay pretty much as it is right now, unless they follow through with the parking garage that has been off and on the various site plans.

Site Plan & Current Tenants | Magnolia Park

Old 08-05-2014, 09:37 AM

6,476 posts, read 6,445,360 times
Quote:
Isnt that the best grossing theater in the Carolinas? Yeah not going anywhere. Having buildings right in front is weird, but like Skunk said it was probably in the plans. That whole development, while exciting (Dave and Busters!), is kinda weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area