Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2014, 11:44 AM

4 posts, read 4,919 times

Advertisements

We need a Costco and SAMs on the north side of Greenville!!

Old 08-02-2014, 12:54 PM

98 posts, read 137,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Is this the same Coach House Family Restaurant in Simpsonville that is opening an additional location on Woodruff Road?

Was at Coach House in Simpsonville a few minutes ago and asked about their additional location on Woodruff Rd. According to the lady at the register, it is just a rumor. There are no plans to add another location.

Old 08-02-2014, 01:07 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Default Coach House

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgoldengirl View Post
Was at Coach House in Simpsonville a few minutes ago and asked about their additional location on Woodruff Rd. According to the lady at the register, it is just a rumor. There are no plans to add another location.
It is very typical for businesses not to comment on plans for growth or closure in order to avoid excitement or panic with their customers. If Coach House is opening the second location, there will be quick construction work occurring.

I will say having a local restaurant fronting a major retail center is great exposure.

Old 08-02-2014, 01:16 PM

98 posts, read 137,301 times
Quote:
It is very typical for businesses not to comment on plans for growth or closure in order to avoid excitement or panic with their customers. If Coach House is opening the second location, there will be quick construction work occurring.

I will say having a local restaurant fronting a major retail center is great exposure.

Agree. I knew when I asked about a new location, that it was possible that I would not be told what is really going on. But, that is what I was told earlier today. I am always excited about local restaurants expanding. We have enough chain restaurants in this area.
But, we could definitely use a Popeye's.

Old 08-02-2014, 01:24 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
Mimi's Cafe is for lease by NAI so I don't think Coach House is going there.

Old 08-02-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Martha View Post
I'd like to see new restaurant open up somewhere other than on Woodruff, to prevent from making traffic worse on that road. Like on Haywood or off Butler Road where that steakhouse was for a brief time, right on 385.
It opened up as Pawley's, then it became Cade's. Is there anything in it now?

Old 08-02-2014, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Martha View Post
I think it is empty. That could be a restaurant row kind of thing. It will be eventually, I think.
Better signage from East Butler Road would be extremely helpful. I would hate to pass a good restaurant on Interstate 385 south, take exit 35, turn right and drive by passing the road that would lead me there. Cade's sign is good, but I guess it could have been better.

I wonder if Evangel Christian Fellowship would improve the aesthetics and access to their campus.

Old 08-02-2014, 05:48 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgoldengirl View Post
Agree. I knew when I asked about a new location, that it was possible that I would not be told what is really going on. But, that is what I was told earlier today. I am always excited about local restaurants expanding. We have enough chain restaurants in this area.
But, we could definitely use a Popeye's.
Agree we do indeed need a Popeyes here. Perhaps they will eventually fill in the gap in the Upstate, as they have locations in neighboring regional markets of Rock Hill, Charlotte, Columbia, and Atlanta.

Old 08-02-2014, 06:00 PM

Default Popeye's

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Agree we do indeed need a Popeyes here. Perhaps they will eventually fill in the gap in the Upstate, as they have locations in neighboring regional markets of Rock Hill, Charlotte, Columbia, and Atlanta.
Does Popeye's have locations in eastern Tennessee and western North Carolina? If it does, it will be like Kroger leaving a doughnut hole gap in upstate South Carolina.

Old 08-02-2014, 07:18 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times
Quote:
Does Popeye's have locations in eastern Tennessee and western North Carolina? If it does, it will be like Kroger leaving a doughnut hole gap in upstate South Carolina.
Popeyes has locations in Sevierville, Maryville, and Knoxville, TN. But they pulled out of Asheville about 10 years ago. Perhaps they should also consider returning there with a better location. Their gap indeed seems to be the greater Asheville and Greenville-Spartanburg markets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area