Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2012, 03:54 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Metro Burger for old Jack in the Box on Woodruff Road. Sorry to say it is not Panda Express.
Darn I was hoping for Panda Express. Just me, but I wouldn't start another Burger place in a failed Burger place. Too many around that area McDonalds,Krystal,Fuddruckers.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:19 PM

2,261 posts, read 5,841,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Darn I was hoping for Panda Express. Just me, but I wouldn't start another Burger place in a failed Burger place. Too many around that area McDonalds,Krystal,Fuddruckers.
Its not like Jack in the Box closed because of the location, they downsized the company.
I would choose a small unique chain restaurant over huge generic burger joints any day. I think any restaurant that serves a good product on that strip can do well.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:21 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
Its not like Jack in the Box closed because of the location, they downsized the company.
I would choose a small unique chain restaurant over huge generic burger joints any day. I think any restaurant that serves a good product on that strip can do well.
No, they did primarily close because of the location. They closed all underperforming stores that did not meet a certain sales quota. That is how the downsizing was determined. If the Woodruff Rd. store had a high sales volume, it would not have been closed. Part of the problem was the Jack in the Box on nearby Congaree Rd. was too close to the Woodruff Rd. location, such that the 2 stores pulled business from each other and counteracted each other. If they had kept one of those 2 stores open, perhaps sales would have improved. But a better location for Jack in the Box would have been further down Woodruff between Best Buy and Walmart. Meantime, we can still hope for a Panda Express or Popeyes Chicken.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
No, they did primarily close because of the location. They closed all underperforming stores that did not meet a certain sales quota. That is how the downsizing was determined. If the Woodruff Rd. store had a high sales volume, it would not have been closed. Part of the problem was the Jack in the Box on nearby Congaree Rd. was too close to the Woodruff Rd. location, such that the 2 stores pulled business from each other and counteracted each other. If they had kept one of those 2 stores open, perhaps sales would have improved. But a better location for Jack in the Box would have been further down Woodruff between Best Buy and Walmart. Meantime, we can still hope for a Panda Express or Popeyes Chicken.
Don't forget Jack in the Box had that Laurens Rd location as well. Three locations (Woodruff,Congaree and Laurens Rd) all within 1.5 miles apart. Stupid on their part. I agree though they should have kept that Woodruff Rd location open and closed the other two. Being near Walmart would not have helped that much since they have a location still further out Woodruff at Five forks that remains open.

Old 03-23-2012, 04:13 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,841,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Kind of proves my point there. THEIR store was not performing up to other Jack In the Box stores in the area, because of proximity. The location is fine, it was just the weakest link for their company. I guess I should have been more clear about what I meant, I think it is a good location for a business, just not a jack in the box

Old 03-23-2012, 08:59 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Metro-Burger: It's on their website now and they are hiring!

Greenville, SC Store

The odd thing is the website only shows one location: Greenville. Google says there was an original location in Akron, but it closed, as well as one in Lake Mary, FL. So not a good track record. Not sure if they can make it here in Greenville. That location is really not the best at this particular time. Plus there are quite a few good hamburger places in our area, 5 Guys, Backyard, Cook Out, Red-Robin, Fuddruckers...

UrbanSpoon reviews are mixed.

Last edited by USNRET04; 03-23-2012 at 09:32 AM.. Reason: added comment

Old 03-23-2012, 06:12 PM

176 posts, read 242,866 times
Target locations on Wade Hampton Blvd in Taylors and Clemson Blvd in Anderson now have Fresh Grocery.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroZetro View Post
Target locations on Wade Hampton Blvd in Taylors and Clemson Blvd in Anderson now have Fresh Grocery.
Woodruff Road Target about to get a major renovation too. Lots of trailers arriving in their lot.That one really needs it. As far as the old Jack in the Box, you better have a good product if you want folks to spend 6-7-8 bucks on a burger in this economy. Hard to beat Fudruckers and Cookout(cheap). The cheaper chains like Cookout and Krystal have been thriving in a shaky economy.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:20 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,649,997 times
Quote:
Woodruff Road Target about to get a major renovation too. Lots of trailers arriving in their lot.That one really needs it. As far as the old Jack in the Box, you better have a good product if you want folks to spend 6-7-8 bucks on a burger in this economy. Hard to beat Fudruckers and Cookout(cheap). The cheaper chains like Cookout and Krystal have been thriving in a shaky economy.
I'm excited about the upcoming renovation. I like Target but that store is looking really old on the inside. It will be nice to have an up-to-date store. Wish they would make it a SuperTarget.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:21 AM

1 posts, read 2,892 times
Quote:
Woodruff Road Target about to get a major renovation too. Lots of trailers arriving in their lot.That one really needs it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scguy89 View Post
I'm excited about the upcoming renovation. I like Target but that store is looking really old on the inside. It will be nice to have an up-to-date store. Wish they would make it a SuperTarget.

I found out a bit about the Target remodel yesterday by talking to an employee.
Sounds like it is going to have a full grocery section, including bakery and meat.

This is great news for me. Target's grocery section (especially meat) has been pretty great in other locations.

Not sure what the timeframe is for the remodel, though...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area