Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2014, 06:02 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,812,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitri318 View Post
The old Apollo King on Cedar Lane Rd will be turning into a Clock diner. I am actually going to be the owner and just wanted to put word out there about my families restaurant. We are relocating from Brevard, NC and will hopefully be open in September depending on construction time. Unlike the other Clocks in the Upstate, we will be focusing on selling fried chicken. We also have the usual burgers, salads, chicken fingers and things like other Clocks, but we are known for our chicken in Brevard and look forward to opening down here. Just found city data and thought i would let everyone know and hopefully see a few of in our new restaurant.
Welcome to Greenville. I hope everyone turns out to support your new venture. There are a lot of people here who really feel strongly about family owned establishments over the national chain type.

Best of luck to you and your family, I'm sure you will do well. I'll bring my family by later this fall.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:31 AM

292 posts, read 344,494 times
Quote:
The old Apollo King on Cedar Lane Rd will be turning into a Clock diner. I am actually going to be the owner and just wanted to put word out there about my families restaurant. We are relocating from Brevard, NC and will hopefully be open in September depending on construction time. Unlike the other Clocks in the Upstate, we will be focusing on selling fried chicken. We also have the usual burgers, salads, chicken fingers and things like other Clocks, but we are known for our chicken in Brevard and look forward to opening down here. Just found city data and thought i would let everyone know and hopefully see a few of in our new restaurant.
It looks like the old Jack-in-the-box on Congaree rd is also going to be a Clock diner. At least that's what the "coming soon" sign says hanging on the building.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:36 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,180,701 times
Seems the old East Towne Furniture store on Wade Hampton in Taylors is going to become another thrift store...Salvation Army Family store, sign is up and fixtures are loaded in the store.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:53 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Welcome to Greenville. I hope everyone turns out to support your new venture. There are a lot of people here who really feel strongly about family owned establishments over the national chain type.

Best of luck to you and your family, I'm sure you will do well. I'll bring my family by later this fall.
The Berea community does not have many local dining options. I am very excited the diner will fill a void and provide great food.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:55 AM

690 posts, read 1,146,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedge1 View Post
I just returned from having dinner at the Italian Garden on Wade Hampton in Taylors. These guys just opened the doors on Monday of this week and are already beginning to draw attention. Their menu covers both, Italian and Greek fare, (no pizza) served in a really nice friendly upscale dining atmosphere that doesn't scream "we're trying to be Italian". Service and food were both very good and the owner and staff were personally engaged, to make sure the meal was a positive experience. They are still in the process of getting their wine and beer licenses, but expect to have it quickly. Well worth the visit, well worth the coin.

Thanks for the review! My family is a huge italian fans so I'm excited about this place. Gonna try it out soon!

Old 05-23-2014, 09:27 AM

6 posts, read 13,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post

Thank you very much, I actually live in Greenville and have lived in the Berea area all my life. My family is good friends with former owners of the Apollo so were hoping to keep a lot of the old customer base. Look forward to seeing you this fall!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan In SC View Post
It looks like the old Jack-in-the-box on Congaree rd is also going to be a Clock diner. At least that's what the "coming soon" sign says hanging on the building.
That is my uncle who is opening The Clock on congaree rd. He is the former owner of The Clock on wade hampton next to the red lobster and they will hopefully be opening in the next few weeks.

Old 05-23-2014, 10:49 AM

285 posts, read 457,248 times
That is my uncle who is opening The Clock on congaree rd. He is the former owner of The Clock on wade hampton next to the red lobster and they will hopefully be opening in the next few weeks.[/quote]

Has there been an ownership change at the WH store? Either way good to know he is going to be at Congaree. Very nice people.

Old 05-23-2014, 03:59 PM

503 posts, read 693,001 times
Golden Chicken on Pelham is now open. Man that is some tasty chicken, probably the best chicken strips Ive had from a fast food joint. I would love to see them come down to five forks and open a location. I would so ditch KFC and Zaxbys for them. If you haven't tried them yet go.

Old 05-24-2014, 03:03 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastermaster83 View Post
Golden Chicken on Pelham is now open. Man that is some tasty chicken, probably the best chicken strips Ive had from a fast food joint. I would love to see them come down to five forks and open a location. I would so ditch KFC and Zaxbys for them. If you haven't tried them yet go.
Good to hear a good review. They are a smaller chain based out of Texas. Always pleased to see a good new concept enter the market. I will definitely be checking them out. But I still want to see a Popeyes as well.

Old 05-24-2014, 03:06 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times
Quote:
Thank you very much, I actually live in Greenville and have lived in the Berea area all my life. My family is good friends with former owners of the Apollo so were hoping to keep a lot of the old customer base. Look forward to seeing you this fall!!

That is my uncle who is opening The Clock on congaree rd. He is the former owner of The Clock on wade hampton next to the red lobster and they will hopefully be opening in the next few weeks.
Excited to see this new Clock coming to Congaree. Always enjoy a good local burger joint. I wonder will they serve breakfast?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area