Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 07:51 PM

82 posts, read 188,278 times

Advertisements

Viel Glück, PretzelGirl! Wir ziehen hoffentlich in nicht allzu ferner Zukunft nach Greenville um. Ein Besuch zu Ihrem Laden wird ganz oben auf der Liste stehen.

Viel Erfolg!

Last edited by fromCT; 05-07-2010 at 07:52 PM.. Reason: extraneous text
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 08:06 PM

15 posts, read 27,217 times
Thank you all for your interest in the Bavarian Pretzel Factory! I look forward to welcoming each of you. Question to gsupstate: what is a kolache? I will have to search wikipedia when I finish writing this - sorry, never heard of it before. Maybe it has a different name in German? I can however offer you all a variety of breads, rye sourdoughs and similar. And pretzels of course. All of our products are made by hand in our bakery with fresh ingredients (except the sausages and the cheeses, and of course the coffee - no coffee farm yet) using traditional methods from Germany/Europe. Nothing artificial, nothing processed, no preservatives etc. I hope you all like what you find! We will be open tomorrow from approximately 9:00 - 19:00. I look forward to seeing you!
Linda and team

Old 05-08-2010, 06:29 AM

1,845 posts, read 2,766,067 times
Looking forward to finding some old world bread - that's one thing I miss about Europe. Hope to be there later today or early next week

Old 05-08-2010, 07:10 AM

Question to gsupstate: what is a kolache? I will have to search wikipedia when I finish writing this - sorry, never heard of it before. Maybe it has a different name in German?

I found this: Kolatsche – Wikipedia

Old 05-08-2010, 07:18 AM

Or for English speakers:

Kolache - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-08-2010, 02:06 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,866,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarianpretz1 View Post
Thank you all for your interest in the Bavarian Pretzel Factory! I look forward to welcoming each of you. Question to gsupstate: what is a kolache? I will have to search wikipedia when I finish writing this - sorry, never heard of it before. Maybe it has a different name in German? I can however offer you all a variety of breads, rye sourdoughs and similar. And pretzels of course. All of our products are made by hand in our bakery with fresh ingredients (except the sausages and the cheeses, and of course the coffee - no coffee farm yet) using traditional methods from Germany/Europe. Nothing artificial, nothing processed, no preservatives etc. I hope you all like what you find! We will be open tomorrow from approximately 9:00 - 19:00. I look forward to seeing you!
Linda and team
Kolaches are a small dough pastry that wrap meat or fruit. They are more Eastern European than German, but many Germans have sort of taken them on as their own cuisine (mainly due to the great variety of German sausages). When you drive through the German country of Texas between Houston and Dallas, kolache places are every mile. I know Germany is far different than Slovak countires, but in the world of food, their cuisine can be similar. The only place I know in Greenville that makes great kolaches is Gretchens ABS Bakery in Mauldin. Not sure how kolaches were originally intended to be eaten, but I find them great for breakfast, brunch, lunch, late afternoon snack....pretty much anytime of day.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:04 PM

9,503 posts, read 9,828,252 times
So what are the hours, walked over there today for lunch and it was not open. No hours posted.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:28 PM

1,845 posts, read 2,766,067 times
Hopefully they'll get the opening hours sign up soon. From the Facebook page:

Quote:
Greenville, SC, 29607

Phone:864-283-6266

Tues - Sat:7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sun:8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Oh, and if you go for the delicious Weisswurst, be sure to watch this tutorial video before you go:

YouTube - How To cook and eat a bavarian white sausage

Old 05-10-2010, 07:40 PM

Sorry for not having the opening hours up yet - there have been so many things to think about! We are open Tuesday - Saturday from 7:00-19:00, Sunday from 8:00-18:00, Monday closed. Please come back!

Old 05-10-2010, 07:48 PM

I just watched the link - not bad, but...after spending 20 years in Munich myself, I have seen many people eat the Weißwurst with a fork! By the way, we also have great homemade Obatzda.
Saturday, May 15th, we are having our grand opening. Everyone who comes in Tracht gets a free pretzel.
Bis bald und liebe Grüße!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area